Thread: Boomkin opener

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    You all have noticed some nice things in this thread, so first, thank you
    But i have a question to the global cd. I have no idea, where i can exactly see, how long it is. Im interested in this because of my opener with inc and 2 times wrath, so i can exactly finish wrath, when we go in combat, to instacast ca and dots.

thx for the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Essigsalat View Post
    You all have noticed some nice things in this thread, so first, thank you
    But i have a question to the global cd. I have no idea, where i can exactly see, how long it is. Im interested in this because of my opener with inc and 2 times wrath, so i can exactly finish wrath, when we go in combat, to instacast ca and dots.

thx for the answer
    hmm, some cast bar addons has it, not exactly sure which ones, you can see the cooldown shade, also you can find it by take 1.5sec/1.xx (where xx is haste %). Knowing how long it is you know how much time between you finish the wrath cast and pull you need to be to not ninja pull if you cast moonfire as soon as gcd is up.
    eventually you will get a feel for it, if you are unsure though just be sure to finish the wrath cast at -1 sec.
    Also why are you casting 2 x wrath rather than wrath + CA, SS.

Hmm I actually have a question about 2nd moonfire/sunfire cast, been checking some of the top logs, and they seem to only cast 1 moonfire during CA, but whenever I skip my 2nd moonfire I feel like my dps drop a ton, so when is the correct time to cast the 2nd dot.

Wrath travels around 20 yards per second while Starsurge travels 28 yards per second
    If you stand at max range that means it takes 2 seconds for Wrath to reach the boss, so you can precast it around -3.5 without ninjapulling.
    If you do the Wrath -> Starsurge precasting then it is the Starsurge that will hit first in fact.

With Euphoria you don't need to re-apply your dots again during CA in the opener. You will enter Solar phase just as your Sunfire expires, so I wouldn't bother wasting a GCD during CA to refresh them, if it means you can fit in another Starfire instead !

Quote Originally Posted by Lyaira View Post
    Wrath travels around 20 yards per second while Starsurge travels 28 yards per second
    If you stand at max range that means it takes 2 seconds for Wrath to reach the boss, so you can precast it around -3.5 without ninjapulling.
    If you do the Wrath -> Starsurge precasting then it is the Starsurge that will hit first in fact.

With Euphoria you don't need to re-apply your dots again during CA in the opener. You will enter Solar phase just as your Sunfire expires, so I wouldn't bother wasting a GCD during CA to refresh them, if it means you can fit in another Starfire instead !
    Well the situation where you would fit in another starfire instead is quite unrealistic though, as you can always throw out a moonfire after the starfire as long as the starfire hits within CA timer, so the real situation would be starsurge instead, as quite a few times you already have a lunar empowerment up, and would it be worth to cast starfire which hits right after CA over refreshing.

So to sum up atm the optimum opener would be
    1. Inc
    2. Prepot+Wrath
    3. Starsurge
    4. CA/Dots
    5. Starfire etc...

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    So to sum up atm the optimum opener would be
    1. Inc
    2. Prepot+Wrath
    3. CA/Starsurge
    4. Dots
    5. Starfire etc...

Right?
    This is correct

edit: not entierly correct fixed it for you.
    Last edited by theburned; 2015-05-22 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    This is correct
    thx, helped me alot

10+ Year Old Account
    This is correct
    Why would you ss before ca, or waste 1.5 seconds of Inc and pot just to wrath? I thought the idea of wrath pre pull was same idea as ss, to proc trinkets to ensure a repop once they fall, but allowing you to ss after ca for buffed ss. If you do it before the ca I just don't get it
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Why would you ss before ca, or waste 1.5 seconds of Inc and pot just to wrath? I thought the idea of wrath pre pull was same idea as ss, to proc trinkets to ensure a repop once they fall, but allowing you to ss after ca for buffed ss. If you do it before the ca I just don't get it
    But why would you want your hardest hitting spell get all the buffs and CD's? doesnt make any sense rite?

So CA should be casted after SS, not before to get the buff on SS too?

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg1 View Post
    So CA should be casted after SS, not before to get the buff on SS too?
    nah just overlooked a mistake, thanks for noticing.

- - - Updated - - -

Lappe explained the first part 2nd part was just me assuming he got the CA correct entierly my bad.

It is an interesting thought to put the CA with the precasted SS. However, you waste 1 gcd of your CA with dots not ticking on the boss simultaneously. Those account for ~15% of your damage during the CA window. Also I'm not entirely sure that the precasted SS benefits from your procs, as it is actually triggering them. In that case it would be weaker than an empowered Starfire in terms of DPET. Worth doing some math on it. Worst case we're talking about 5k damage difference in your opener, it doesn't mean the world. The important thing is that you pre-proc your trinkets.

- - - Updated - - -

Because a precasted Wrath is free 40k damage at the cost of 1.5 second of potion and Incarnation, which both last longer than CA anyways.

It is an interesting thought to put the CA with the precasted SS. However, you waste 1 gcd of your CA with dots not ticking on the boss simultaneously. Those account for ~15% of your damage during the CA window. Also I'm not entirely sure that the precasted SS benefits from your procs, as it is actually triggering them. In that case it would be weaker than an empowered Starfire in terms of DPET. Worth doing some math on it. Worst case we're talking about 5k damage difference in your opener, it doesn't mean the world. The important thing is that you pre-proc your trinkets.
    When you will be casting SS with CA, it's assumed that you had pre-casted Wrath, which is what would have proced things.

The entire idea around precast wrath, CA+SS prepull is that you have nothing to lose on casting CA on that SS because you got all buffs up except BL which doesn't benefit it.
    SS definitely benefits from the proccs because they proc from finished wrath cast and not SS. Also finishing your opener a bit earlier allows you to reapply sunfire earlier which means that any gain you would get from having your CA up for 1.5 sec more for dots.

Deleted
    In the opener you're using CA at 0/low lunar power or you're waiting for lunar power to reach 100? Aren't our starfire will be more powerfull if we will wait this few seconds and use CA at first lunar peak?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudwayne View Post
    In the opener you're using CA at 0/low lunar power or you're waiting for lunar power to reach 100? Aren't our starfire will be more powerfull if we will wait this few seconds and use CA at first lunar peak?
    Do you even know how CA works?

Deleted
    Do you even know how CA works?
    I'm not sure so that why i asking you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudwayne View Post
    CA gives maximum effect of both eclipses, regardless of bar position. The only thing that changes is which Empowerment, Starsurge, procs.