Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    So.... anyway: I'm gonna take one for the team and go and get infracted, but must every thread eventually derail into "devs hate priests", "devs suck", "devs don't know how priests work", etc.? Not only is it most unlikely that any of the previous are true; having to dig through those complaining posts to get to actual discussion can really grow tiresome.

Even if devs hate priests, suck, and don't know how priests work, that's not the topic we're discussing; on this or any other post which isn't explicitly titled "devs suck". It adds nothing to useful discussion.

That said, even if GC did play a holy priest, he totally mained a fire mage and nothing will convince me otherwise. There, out of my system. Get on with it! Get on with it!
    Eh, whatever feedback is required on this trinket has been provided on these forums and those on the PTR. We'll see if it ends up being changed.

That being said, the Holy Priest version is one of the worst design decisions I've ever seen. Anyone who has an iota of experience healing in raids will easily tell you that the cast increase makes the trinket effectively worse. So no, it may not be entirely relevant to this thread, but the devs certainly deserve harsh criticism for their lack of understanding of the healing meta game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    No, he just said that for final shock value
    *whispers* I knew it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    Pretty certain no one will be using this seriously in Holy spec. I'll sell my left testicle if anyone manages to make rank 1 with this.

Deleted
    I'm gonna be very, very optimistic and assume that the holy part of the trinket will be changed before live. Very, very, very optimistic. But the fact that Blizzard has even implemented this design on the PTR and left it there for weeks is bad, really bad. Why would they think this design would ever be useful as a holy priest? The obvious issues with snipe healing and bursty tank damage aside; why would you ever wanna use a spell with a cast time above the GCD in Chakra: Sanctuary? Don't they know how holy plays at all?
    Last edited by mmoceb4eda2474; 2015-05-25 at 10:57 PM.

For Shadow wouldn't the best thing be to just increase the duration of the buff to 15 seconds from 10. I feel like that would be fair. As for other trinkets, shadowmoon insignia (mastery/INT) is like 35% base uptime with testing, I've seen as high as 60% on heroic archimonde testing(on my boomkin). Unblinking gaze(int/shadowbolt line cleave) is pretty good for groups with dks gorefeind grasp although mostly just cheese. One trinket often over looked is the alchemy trinket, 1800+ int for 15sec on 55sec icd that also gives boosts to healing tonic. Heck I'll suggest that its the best throughput healing trinket in the game sans leech trinket.

Intuition's Gift is also god-teir for all dps casters that use crit regardless if it has spirit of it or not. 430+ int with like 43% crit(the damages) easily the best trinket for shadow till they Nerf the int on it.

Healing trinkets are all garbage except leech. The shard of woe trinket is awful gives you something like 300 spirit and is worse on short fights, I think mythic brf trinkets are vasly better than that junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrad View Post
    I'm gonna be very, very optimistic and assume that the holy part of the trinket will be changed before live. Very, very, very optimistic. But the fact that Blizzard has even implemented this design on the PTR and left it there for weeks is bad, really bad. Why would they think this design would ever be useful as a holy priest? The obvious issues with snipe healing and bursty tank damage aside; why would you ever wanna use a spell with a cast time above the GCD in Chakra: Sanctuary? Don't they know how holy plays at all?
    Right? Heal is barely worth casting when you have 2xSerendipity, and even then if you're using it you'll probably be in Serenity. Trinket just makes 0 sense, apart from the fact that it's weak as fuck.
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Right? Heal is barely worth casting when you have 2xSerendipity, and even then if you're using it you'll probably be in Serenity. Trinket just makes 0 sense, apart from the fact that it's weak as fuck.
    Lets give priests a higher single target heal in their 'AoE' Stance! /Blizzlogic

Oh well at least I can have fun with the leech trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilma View Post
    The shard of woe trinket is awful gives you something like 300 spirit and is worse on short fights, I think mythic brf trinkets are vasly better than that junk.
    In the worst case scenario casting 40 spells a minute the trinket is worth 520 spirit (heroic version, mythic would be 600 spirit). So 520 spirit (worst case) + 436 int + 436 haste. No trinket in BRF comes even close to that ... And what has short fights to do with it? Unless you mean that spirit trinkets suck in most shorts fights, which is true for all spirit trinkets.

I'm not exactly sure on the leech trinket. If I did my math correctly this would add about 4-5% to your raw healing. There's probably a big chance that you'll lose some to overhealing and it would be 2-3% in the end. But you lose tons of INT or other stats for it.

I don't believe that that holy trinket will see live either. Or they have just forsaken holy totally.
    Last edited by Talhooo; 2015-05-26 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talhooo View Post
    In the worst case scenario casting 40 spells a minute the trinket is worth 520 spirit (heroic version, mythic would be 600 spirit). So 520 spirit (worst case) + 436 int + 436 haste. No trinket in BRF comes even close to that ... And what has short fights to do with it? Unless you mean that spirit trinkets suck in most shorts fights, which is true for all spirit trinkets.

I'm not exactly sure on the leech trinket. If I did my math correctly this would add about 4-5% to your raw healing. There's probably a big chance that you'll lose some to overhealing and it would be 2-3% in the end. But you lose tons of INT or other stats for it.
    Yeah I done fk'd up my math. Shit it's actually not bad. Using the leech trinket would bring up the whole raid's HPS rather than just ur own.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post33966974

Slakos did that math and it's crazy if it goes live like that.

Yeah I done fk'd up my math. Shit it's actually not bad. Using the leech trinket would bring up the whole raid's HPS rather than just ur own.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post33966974

Slakos did that math and it's crazy if it goes live like that.
    Yeah, Hamlet did some napkin math on the leech trinket and it was insane. The Spark of Hope trinket (idk why people call it Shard of Woe, it's passive :c) also seems incredibly good if we can steal it from arcane mages.

oh damn, I totally forgot to multiply it by 10 (because the buff is 10secs long) and apparently it stacks -.-. No way that is going live

10+ Year Old Account
    Heal has it's uses for DI, don't oversight that. But yeah, right now the biggest issue is the stance they want you to use it in. If it was changed to serenity, it'd be understandable though it'd still be pretty weak since you're giving up stats for it. I'm sure we're all in agreeance it'll hopefully change before the live deployment of the patch.

In it's current state, there is no way the leech trinket is not BiS for holy. It is fucking broken right now. With only myself and a shaman using it, we were essentially bringing an extra healer looking at some of the mythic test logs. It'll allow you to underheal content, potentially even on progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Rfx View Post
    In it's current state, there is no way the leech trinket is not BiS for holy. It is fucking broken right now. With only myself and a shaman using it, we were essentially bringing an extra healer looking at some of the mythic test logs. It'll allow you to underheal content, potentially even on progression.
    I love that trinket so much. Even though it's gonna get nerfed, it's still really good cause a Cascade will get everyone healing themselves. But more importantly, you can join a heroic pug and there's about a 99% chance no one else will want it because it doesn't add to their meters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that trinket so much. Even though it's gonna get nerfed, it's still really good cause a Cascade will get everyone healing themselves. But more importantly, you can join a heroic pug and there's about a 99% chance no one else will want it because it doesn't add to their meters.
    But that's what 4 heroic guild runs are for

For Shadow wouldn't the best thing be to just increase the duration of the buff to 15 seconds from 10. I feel like that would be fair.
    I'd rather keep it at 10 seconds with an increased multiplier. For 1-2 targets it's fairly manageable, and for more targets you should probably be using other trinkets. Which kinda sucks, because being a class trinket from the big bad boss of the raid, it should feel powerful and fun to use most of the time.

I am so entirely sick of keeping multiple sets for differing types of damage, much in the same way I am sick of having to swap talents-- let alone entire playstyles-- for multidot/single target.

Fuck, I rolled a Shadow Priest to get away from that shit. If being made to switch between specs was my jam, I'd still be playing a goddamn mage.

Deleted
    Saw this in my YT subscription list today: Pros & Cons of Priest Class Trinket [Repudiation of War] 6.2 Hellfire Citadel, from GeekyNet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzchief View Post
    Saw this in my YT subscription list today: Pros & Cons of Priest Class Trinket [Repudiation of War] 6.2 Hellfire Citadel, from GeekyNet.
    The maker of the video completely forgot the large opportunity cost of the trinket - the fact it is a trinket which is usually the highest throughput stat budget of all slots except maybe the weapon.

It's downright terrible for disc and holy except for gimmicky encounters(for disc, not holy).
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's downright terrible for disc and holy except for gimmicky encounters(for disc, not holy).
    Really? I thought it'd be good for disc. Sooo, it's shitty for holy, meh for shadow and meh for disc? Awesome. Can't wait for 2 to drop on every kill :|

Really? I thought it'd be good for disc. Sooo, it's shitty for holy, meh for shadow and meh for disc? Awesome. Can't wait for 2 to drop on every kill :|
    Sacrificing a trinket slot that is worth a reliable and consistent >10% boost to your output for a trinket that barely blocks 8% damage to 5 targets when you take a bomb out of your precious mana pool(available regen is also going down significantly in HFC fyi), is obviously not worth it under most circumstances.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future