Arcane + Prismatic Crystal

Okay, so when I'm using Prismatic Crystal I use it at the start of the fight, that's a burn phase, gg easy dump supernovas into the crystal, spam Arcane Blast and use missile procs, crystal ends, get to 50% mana, evocate back up. Next crystal times to be when I'm in a conserve phase, do I continue doing the conserve rotation on the crystal and use missile procs and supernovas on crystal or do I just spam Arcane Blast and use missile procs + supernova?(Which is what I have been doing). I've looked on the guides, but none of them are clear on what to do in this situation.

Why are you not doing anything burn phase for your 2nd crystal? Evo should be near available at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Why are you not doing anything burn phase for your 2nd crystal? Evo should be near available at that point.
    It's far enough away that I didn't think to be prepping for next burn phase. I'll go hit a target dummy some more and see how things line up.

Edit: okay I'm dumb it does end up lining up like that, I don't know what was happening earlier but evo seemed to be so much further away then it was this time.
    Last edited by Kulia; 2015-05-19 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulia View Post
    It's far enough away that I didn't think to be prepping for next burn phase. I'll go hit a target dummy some more and see how things line up.

Edit: okay I'm dumb it does end up lining up like that, I don't know what was happening earlier but evo seemed to be so much further away then it was this time.
    To be fair, sometimes a burn phase may be uncommonly long (Arcane missile procs) which can cause your Evo to still be on CD when you want to use it next.
    Then it pretty much comes down to knowledge of the fight.
    Can you delay your PC slightly and get the same amount of casts per fight? then do this otherwise you pretty much are left with a long burn

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridanjohn View Post
    To be fair, sometimes a burn phase may be uncommonly long (Arcane missile procs) which can cause your Evo to still be on CD when you want to use it next.
    Then it pretty much comes down to knowledge of the fight.
    Can you delay your PC slightly and get the same amount of casts per fight? then do this otherwise you pretty much are left with a long burn
    Yeah, I guess that's what happened on my other times at a target dummy, I just got really lucky with missile procs and it desynced crystal and evo CDs. (can that happen in a raid environment please, you know, where it matters.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulia View Post
    Yeah, I guess that's what happened on my other times at a target dummy, I just got really lucky with missile procs and it desynced crystal and evo CDs. (can that happen in a raid environment please, you know, where it matters.)
    Yes, that can happen if you aren't careful and have good luck. There's a "70% rule" that's been simmed as a dps increase where you stop using AM procs below 70% during your burn phase unless you cap at 3 stacks. Its not a hard rule - if I have bad RNG with AM early in a burn then I'll use an AM or two below 70% and if I have awesome RNG early on then I'll start ignoring AM above 70%. The point is to keep your CDs in sync, so exactly when you start doing that can change once you have a good feel for your burn phase lengths, but 70% is the general rule.

Deleted
    30 sec after starting burn u should end burn. You could also end burn at ~70% mana with one tick of Evo (just start evo and follow directly with a spell)

A burn happens every 90 seconds or thereabouts.
    Assuming you have AP glyphed:

1st - AP, PC, Evo
    2nd - PC, Evo
    3rd - AP, PC, Evo

So on and so forth.
    There are other criteria involved, but your burn is based around Evo CD. If it's got <20s and you meet the other criteria you should start another burn with whatever CD's you have as pointed out above.
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2015-05-20 at 11:00 AM.