Deleted

New player in need of some help.

Hi All,

I have just started playing LoL around a week and a half ago, the gf got me into it and I have been having ALOT of fun.
    I have played 17 games so far vs people and I have won 14 and lost 3.

Of my 3 losses 1 of them was due to an AFK jungler in our team which really screwed us over in the end.
    It was going great at the start, but after the 30 min mark we were really noticing him not being there.

The other 2 losses is where I have questions about.

Lose 1:

My team was lvl 10, 10, 9, 6 and 14.
    Other team was lvl: 25, 22, 19, 15 and 9.

How is this even possible? I would not call that fair at all? Why am I playing against lvl 25's and 22's as a lvl 9?

Lose 2:
    My team was lvl: 10, 10, 11, 13 and 14.
    Other team was lvl: 30, 23, 19, 9 and 9.

The lvl 30 was the top lane that single handedly carried the game, he killed 3 / 4 people the whole time .. usually in a 2 vs 4 scenario.
    His damage was CRAZY.
    I was the only one actually doing dmg to him, but he 2 shot me most of the time anyway if I let him get close.

So why is it that I am being put against these people, with the runes, mastery's and the experience these people have after at least 250+ games? This is like me being in the ring with Mike Tyson.
    There is no way in hell I even stand a chance to make it past round 1.

I am quite a competative person and things like this really anoy me as there is nothing I can do to actually win this, no matter how good I am for my low lvl, I just do not have a chance.

Thanks in advance for any reply's and comments!

Wooz.

Deleted
    Matchmaking with low level accounts is bonkers. Just try to ride it out to lvl 30.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    Matchmaking with low level accounts is bonkers. Just try to ride it out to lvl 30.
    So there is not anything I can do against it? It really ruines the game for a lower lvl player like my self.
    If not, I will just have to get beter!!

Deleted
    Well, you could always queu up with lvl 30's yourself.

Atleast you have the right attitude. Just learn from those higher level players. I know it can get very frustrating. Though it does get better after a while. And honestly, gettting stomped and outplayed by much better players then yourself is harsh but the best way to learn, atleast it was for me. In the end it's completely worth it.

Just remember to have fun, even when you lose.
    Last edited by mmoca91367db85; 2015-05-19 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    So there is not anything I can do against it? It really ruines the game for a lower lvl player like my self.
    If not, I will just have to get beter!!
    new player experience and low levelling in LoL is horrible

matchmaking is stupid and dumb
    50% of the players you get against will be smurfs
    most of the smurfs are rly rly toxic against new players, because they're playing bad

just gotta deal with it and level up to 30, experience will get much better there

Matchmaking will attempt to put you against similar leveled players. However there is a tolerance limit on this. When the game is taking too long to create because there isn't a big enough pool of similar leveled players to match against, it will start considering people who are not quite as similarly leveled as you. If this criteria cannot be met, the system considers an even bigger level discrepancy. It is entirely possible to be level 1 and matched with 9 level 30's if if that is all the population available to make a game.

Also, is there a hidden elo at this level? Your win streak may have convinced the system you should be playing tougher opponents, which is also why it might have set you up against higher levels.
    RETH

Deleted
    Thanks alot for the reply's, I guess the only thing to do is take a year of work and get beter then the rest :P
    Time to start practicing

Thanks again for the friendly reply's!

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it reads like you might've triggered the smurf alert.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Honestly, it reads like you might've triggered the smurf alert.
    I was playing games last night, did 4 of them I think.
    Game one was vs 2 lvl 30 silvers we actually won that one because someone on my team said he was a smurf and his main was plat level? He destroyed them both and we got lucky in the end picking them off one by one.

After that I just played really really good players on lvl 5 to 7 accounts that absolutly destroyed my team.
    I could hold my own in the bot lane but mid lane & top lane got absolutly destroyed.

I am lvl 16 now, almost 17 so lvling up pretty fast, getting beter as well but I just have No chance vs a lvl 30 still .

O well, you might be right.. part of the game I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I was playing games last night, did 4 of them I think.
    Game one was vs 2 lvl 30 silvers we actually won that one because someone on my team said he was a smurf and his main was plat level? He destroyed them both and we got lucky in the end picking them off one by one.

After that I just played really really good players on lvl 5 to 7 accounts that absolutly destroyed my team.
    I could hold my own in the bot lane but mid lane & top lane got absolutly destroyed.

I am lvl 16 now, almost 17 so lvling up pretty fast, getting beter as well but I just have No chance vs a lvl 30 still .

O well, you might be right.. part of the game I guess.
    If you can play a champ well enough you always have a chance. Silvers players aren't that scary most of them don't hit near perfect cs or have the map awareness to be unbeatable.