10+ Year Old Account

I need of guidance for my guild's Enhancement Shaman

Hi guys, first and foremost let me tell you I know very little to nothing about Enhancement Shaman. I am a regular on the MMO-Champion forums and value the opinions of the members of each class forum. I was hoping you guys could give me some guidance on how to improve one of our raiders. He is a good kid and I want to help improve his gameplay. I'm aware his numbers are down... but can you guy's take a look and give some advice on how he can fix himself?

This data is on Mythic Beastlord.

9x Attempts: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1694&wipes=1
    AskMrRobot: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player...omath/hulkaman

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure its because the adds are dying too fast or he didn't Fire Nova enough
    I'm at roughly mid 80's on during our 8-9m fights, he was at mid 40's

You also have a lot of people going AOE for this fight. We had everyone go solid Single Target, and with my AOE and the ones that don't really slow down to AOE (Hunters, UH DK, Booms,) the adds dropped fine

I'm relatively equal geared too.

Before we begin, I want you to know, as a raid leader you should know beastlord on mythic isn't an AOE fight, it's more of a single target dps fight during last phase, only reason people have ridiculous rankings is because they are meter padding, and their raid is setup in a way with only 1-2 AOE dps focusing on the pack beasts. You should never be too concentrated on people's dps during progression. You guys are well over the gear requirement for this boss, AOE shouldn't be a problem at all.

You can't expect Enhancement shamans to do anything above average when you are stockpiling AOE dpses on those pack beasts, enhancement shamans shine when adds stay up for a long time, the longer the better, we are not bursty like fire mages hunters or warlocks.

With that being said, there are a lot problems with your enhancement shaman.

1. his opener is wrong, resulting lots of wasted buff uptime and GCDs for damaging spells during his opener. Stuff like feral spirit and fire elemental totem needs to be dropped before the pull (pot too), flame shock on the pull as he gets into melee range, 1 storm strike, then ascendance+racial+elemental mastery(if ever specced into this)+trinket+liquid magma(should have it up again during first pack beast) macro, windstrike, after that continue with normal single target priorities.

2. he isn't actively trying to setup to pad meters on the pack beasts, he's wasting GCDs to reapply and respread flameshock during crucial firenova spamming periods, he needs to make sure the flame shocks that get on the pack-beasts and does not expire before they die. He needs to pay close attention to the pack-beast timer in DBM, needs to have his flame shock and lava lash ready as the beasts appear, run to them, shock and spread, or spread off of the boss, and then start fire novaing, he's also wasting a lot of firenova GCDs here on other stuff ie: grounding totem/healing surge/healing stream...etc, tell him to stop doing that during pack beasts, it's killing his damage.

3. he shouldn't be healing at all, that's healer's job, he shouldn't be getting any rend on him, if he does fuck up and get 1 or 2, tell him to use his shamanistic rage/astral shift to mitigate the damage, a lot of attempts he was mad casting healing surges, that's a lot of damage GCDs wasted, I don't know if it was asked for him to do that, if so, stop asking him to heal, it's your healer's job to heal, his job is to avoid getting the unnecessary damage and dps down the boss. Feel free to drop a healing stream here and there, but tell him to not put that shit in his opener, drop it only when he has GCDs to spare, enh shamans never have GCDs to spare in their openers.

4. I also noticed sometimes he's casting chainlightning on single targets, it's a dps loss, he shouldn't do that at all.

5. Talents, tell him to switch from Ancestral Swiftness to Echo, should help a ton on pack beast damage.

6. It seems like he put AG in his opener macro, tell him to drop it, it should be bound to a separate key and use when raid is taking heavy aoe damage, or being called for by a raid leader.

If he's relatively new to the spec, tell him to come here and read the sticky post, it's very helpful, also read people's comments in that sticky.

Tell him to grab the add-on "hekili" to help with his rotations, it's extremely helpful if he's not familiar with the priority system.

anyways, if he's interested, he should spec elemental, pretty much every single fight in BRF now favors elemental, I'll probably reroll elemental my self or even a new class next patch if they don't buff us, we are really at a bad spot right now.
    Last edited by 16dots; 2015-05-19 at 06:21 PM.