Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    it was time to send troops the moment the iraqi army first retreated from them like cowards.

but, we'll just keep giving them arms to hand over to iran or ISIS, because our current military officials are fucking idiots and obama really sucks at war. i love my country, but sometimes i get annoyed with how we handle things.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2015-05-31 at 02:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

more like

France, and the U.K put down flammable liquid all over the Arab property, in a pattern that has been marked by the property owners, then handed a lit match to Russia and the U.S. Russia and the U.S thought across the street and occasionally in front of the lawn for a bit, occasionally falling onto the lawn with occasional flares caused by the match. Finally the U.S gets up, uses a lighter to see if they can get the match up again, a small spark from the lighter lands on the flammable liquid and the whole property goes up in smoke.

Why do people see the mid east issues only starting with the Iraq war?
    I guess since that's when the fire starts to burn. people normally shouted when they saw the real fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonewang-EU-Ragnaros View Post
    I guess since that's when the fire starts to burn. people normally shouted when they saw the real fire.
    Been plenty of wars, tension, build up, etc for centuries, it got even worse when Europe started making boarders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTE_Eshm2xw

What do our explosive experts have to say about this? What bomb was it?
    Use of nuclear weapons would've been detected and aggressively persecuted by the UN. Besides, nobody would be able to just stand, unprotected, and stare at even a tactical nuke exploding. You'd no longer have eyeballs and the radiation would kill loads of people, something that would be impossible to go unreported. So until widespread reports come in about radiation sickness and death, followed by investigations with US satellites on the areas in question.
    You can't use even tactical nukes without the world knowing about it. You can't be sneaky with nukes.

It's a muslim issue, let them sort it out themselves for a change.

they burn flags, yet leap with joy when that same flag is on a food parcel.

fuck them.

Looks like some kind of thermobaric weapon (huge fireball, long blast wave). Nuclear explosion is obviously bullshit.
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Certainly not nuclear. If it was a nuke, that would be the smallest yield nuke pretty much ever. I mean, a 1kt nuke looks bigger from significantly farther away.

Based on the explosion versus shockwave, that's 4-5mi away. A 1/2kt nuke would have a blast radius of about 1/2mi, meaning that explosion would have filled the camera.

Oh, and the camera would have stopped working. I'd say it's probably a large weapon hitting an arms depot of some sort.

Doesn't really help the credibility of the claim when it has "Great for blowing up WTC Towers" in the comments. Pretty shaky, there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome video, get to see what is either ammo or a fuel source get blown up, and read crackpot comments about it being a nuke. As if anyone would build a nuke with a smaller explosive capacity than conventional weapons.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Using weapons that makes the West to be "judge, jury and executioner" is not the way to go. Sending troops isn't either. It has been said before, but we're talking about a "contained" area. Let the issue resolve itself...

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think normal cameras can record a nuclear explosion. Probably hit something that exploded too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it was time to send troops the moment the iraqi army first retreated from them like cowards.

but, we'll just keep giving them arms to hand over to iran or ISIS, because our current military officials are fucking idiots and obama really sucks at war. i love my country, but sometimes i get annoyed with how we handle things.
    Is there some kind of reason you think ISIS are preferable to the Iraqi government? To the extent that you think spending another trillion to fight them and probanly lose is going to be worth it?

The amount of people who think that is a nuke is...worrying.

I don't think normal cameras can record a nuclear explosion. Probably hit something that exploded too.
    Reports indicated they were pounding an ammo dump so that is probably why.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Is there some kind of reason you think ISIS are preferable to the Iraqi government? To the extent that you think spending another trillion to fight them and probanly lose is going to be worth it?
    how the fuck did it seem like i said they're preferable? i said keep giving iraqi's the gear and watching them give it to ISIS by running away like pathetic cowards.

and we wouldn't lose, we're the most powerful force in the world, it's just that the reigns of our power have been in incompetent hands for a few too many years now.

We need to make sure we never put boots on the ground again in the middle east, If Israel wants to fight a war let them do it with israel dying in it

15+ Year Old Account
    No, pull all the troops out. Let our oil lines there collapse. The industry basically has oil drills in nearly every part of the world that they can be, such that their next venture is looking at the Arctic sea.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    how the fuck did it seem like i said they're preferable? i said keep giving iraqi's the gear and watching them give it to ISIS by running away like pathetic cowards.

and we wouldn't lose, we're the most powerful force in the world, it's just that the reigns of our power have been in incompetent hands for a few too many years now.
    If they are not preferable why fight for them? You are not going to have a neverending occupation presumably.

I don't foresee a time when you will get competent people in charge. And I think you greatly overstate the extent of your power-there has to be manifestation of said power in order for it to be a real thing.

I don't see the point in sending troops there to fight and die in a war that doesn't put us in danger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    ISIS is a remnant of Sadam Hussein old guard. They have added a layer or religious crazyness in order to control people by fear (note for the uneducated: their supposed islam is not islam. These guys are melery crazy killers, I can provide a 40 page article explaining all this from the NYT). Currently having troops on the ground will not do anything but get western soldiers killed and that is what ISIS is hoping to do; ie drap the west back. Bombing will not do anything.

Basically, Bush fucked up, Blair fucked up, the situation is fucked up like now in Lybia, and we have to leave their own people to sort it out. As bad as it sounds, we should have been more careful after 09/11 to not go killing people (hello undercover drone war). We have created the extremists and only through massive investyment education and fighting poverty and fixing the issue of Palestine will we see a difference in the next generation. This generation wont see peace.

I thought it was pretty much under control until our current president had to justify a Nobel Peace award. BTW, it's your spelling of "Lybia" that is fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    This generation wont see peace.
    Peace with them is neither possible nor desirable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ioath View Post
    I thought it was pretty much under control until our current president had to justify a Nobel Peace award. BTW, it's your spelling of "Lybia" that is fucked up.
    You have a fucked-up definition of peace. A government that tortures and kills its own people. A lethal insurgency which claimed many more lives than most warzones in the world.