Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I thought this was about the blue proto from skadi :x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    You forgot the Blue Drake was originally from Oculus
    This is incorrect. The blue drake was originally from 10 man EoE and the Azure from 25 man EoE. The blue was added as a drop from a bag that was awarded if you randomed oculus from the dungeon finder as lots of people loathed running this instance and would rather leave right at the start than finish it.

Probably because dungeon mounts are far too easy to farm. The last time they did this, people were soloing the dungeons barely one patch after release.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Sorry, what? The Shop got !4! mounts, two were just already thrown out with the prepatch. One a color changing fairy drake, the other one the Iron Reaver. After it came the Grinning Reaver which is hands down the coolest mount in WoD by a large margin and now we get another one with Blizzard on the official forum already hinting at this becoming a general thing, basically shop mounts in fixed intervals.

Ingame we got *f all, heck even the Mythic Mount from Blackhand just uses an old TBC model with some armor slapped on. Look at the mouth part, it's resolution is incredibly low. Then again, you're not a mount collector not even reaching 250 mounts despite owning pretty much every single last store mount (no wonder you defend this).
    Used to be a collector but strings of bad luck just hate me. The Fay Dragon and Reaver to me were MoP mounts because of when they came out.

How is the Fey Dragon a WoD Mount? It came out a full year before WoD hit? I guess the Reaver was released during WoD. The Grinning Reaver is... by far one of the ugliest mounts imo but that's personal taste. And people bitch about reskins so why not through out the Runesaber. The Ironhoof Destroyer does not use a TBC skin? I don't even know where you got this.

How am I not a collector? I'm at 249 mounts. 1 off lol. I farm all the old raids each week. And If I get extra time sit for either time lost or the void talon. How many mounts does it take to be a collector?
    Last edited by Eon Drache; 2015-05-20 at 11:25 AM.

Deleted
    Have you not heard fellow?!

The Online Store is the New Dungeon where you may slay your credit card bosses for Mounts at will!

Happy Pillaging Fellow Traveler!

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Probably because dungeon mounts are far too easy to farm. The last time they did this, people were soloing the dungeons barely one patch after release.
    I could solo some of their normal modes before 6.1 even hit.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly fail to see Blizzards logic at all. Sub numbers dropped, people don't run dungeons at all anymore unless you are gearing up an alt, so a good way to make people run dungeons again? Add a mount drop from the dungeons! The amount of times in Cataclysm i ran the stonecore/vortex pinnacle to get that mount was ridiculous, if they weren't available as drops then no way would I run those places. Just add mount drops/badges in dungeons in the next expansion and dungeons will be viable again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    How is the Fey Dragon a WoD Mount? It came out a full year before WoD hit? I guess the Reaver was released during WoD. The Grinning Reaver is... by far one of the ugliest mounts imo but that's personal taste. And people bitch about reskins so why not through out the Runesaber. The Ironhoof Destroyer does not use a TBC skin? I don't even know where you got this.
    The Fey Dragon is a WoD mount, it only became apparent once they released the expansion and it was heavily featured, you didn't bother to address the Iron Reaver I see. Both were released before WoD hit but are heavily affiliated with it and were effectively just cut WoD content they released during/when the SoO drought started.

And the Iron Destroyer IS a TBC clefthoof with armor slapped one, that's not up for debate. They barely even bothered to increase the polygons as the armor covers most of it.

in a way I feel like the Challenge Mode mounts were the evolution of standard dungeon boss drop mounts.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The Fey Dragon is a WoD mount, it only became apparent once they released the expansion and it was heavily featured, you didn't bother to address the Iron Reaver I see. Both were released before WoD hit but are heavily affiliated with it and were effectively just cut WoD content they released during/when the SoO drought started.

And the Iron Destroyer IS a TBC clefthoof with armor slapped one, that's not up for debate. They barely even bothered to increase the polygons as the armor covers most of it.
    The first mention of "Reaver" was the skyreaver. Sorry. Also, The fey dragons being mounts in WoD is probably because we got the mount in MoP. Not the other way around. Also. I find it funny as hell that "your opinion doesn't match mine so your wrong!" bit. Seriously? Did you get mounts in TBC? The skin is A LOT higher than TCB. Also, how many mounts constitutes a collector?

You're right. There is nothing to discuss. That isn't a copy/paste of the TBC skin. It is a fresh skin.
    Last edited by Eon Drache; 2015-05-20 at 01:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Resources are tight at Blizzard. If you only had time to create one mount, do you put it in the store? Or in a dungeon, giving people another reason to run them?
    Well, factually true, but you are ignoring the context.

Resources are tight because Blizzard wanted to make even more profit from the game, not because they couldn't afford to have the resources doing the work. Since the customers haven't really created any uproar over it, Blizzard has been quietly cutting resources to continue improving margins. Like any other business, since people didn't scream (i.e. didn't notice) the reduced effort put in each expansion, they moved to the next step...start putting things up that used to be part of an expansion or patches on their money store instead to earn even more profit. Most recently is the token which basically results in Blizzard netting $20 / month for some of the subscriptions in lieu of $15 / month...the extra profit isn't going to hire anyone else, it will just be part of their bottom line.

Don't believe me? Go ahead and pull the financial statements (they are available here - http://investor.activision.com/sec.cfm?view=all - look for the 10-K reports) and see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Resources are tight at Blizzard. If you only had time to create one mount, do you put it in the store? Or in a dungeon, giving people another reason to run them?
    Yup, Resources are so tight they hire more people and gave us less, they need a bigger office so these new people can be on the computer working at the same time as the old ones.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    If that is the reason, they could just make the mountdrop from the final boss.
    I did that for ZG and ZA back in cata. Since there were only 2 dungeons, I would just queue up and auto leave ZA or afk at the start to get kicked. If I was really into it I'd kill the first boss then leave to avoid the debuff since the first boss was pretty close to the start.

mounts are for roleplayers

Quote Originally Posted by ohismagical View Post
    mounts are for roleplayers
    What does that even mean? I collect mounts and I don't RP. So I'm going to go with no.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Should have more rare drops in raids too, instead of just one at the final Mythic boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    No, the blue drake was ALWAYS from EoE. During the last bit of WotLK, they added the blue drake to Oculus because people were more or less quitting as soon as they entered that place.
    'last bit' as more than a year out of 2 years of exp life ?
    Anyway, they will cost us a raid tier, better make them for cash cow shop of course
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Fellow collectors, I've noticed something in this expansion, well I noticed it in MoP, but I figured it was just a one-off, but it happened again in WoD. There are no mounts to be collected from dungeons. While sure, there are plenty of mounts to find in both MoP and WoD, I find it a bit disappointing that I have no desire to return to older dungeons to farm for a mount. Even at level 90, I went back and ran Vanilla, BC, WotLK, and Cata dungeons to grab some rare mounts. However, MoP and WoD don't have any.

Vanilla - 1 - Rivendare's
    BC - 2 - Hawkstrider, Ravenlord
    WotLK - 1/2 - Blue Proto-Drake (maybe Bronze Drake if you want to count it, but it's a 100% drop)
    Cata - 4/5 - Armored Raptor, Swift Tiger, Drake of the North Winds, Stone Drake (again, Battle Bear, but it's also a 100% drop)

Now here's the issue.

MoP - 0* (There was a datamined mount back in MoP beta, the Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent (same model as Yu'lon) which was rumored to drop from Lui Flameheart, the third boss in Temple of the Jade Serpent, however, this never happened...)
    WoD - 0

WoD had many great options for dungeon mounts. The Skyreaver from the store would have been a perfect drop off Skylord Tovra in Grimraid Depot. This is going into controversial issue of store mounts so I'll avoid that, but it was just an example.

It might just be me, but I miss grinding mounts everyday. The current system in WoD is garbage for players like myself who work full-time and don't get much time to play. I don't have time to sit around and wait for a spawn for 8 hours.
    You apparently didn't play this game for long, or your memory is very short lived
    That list is false.....

Vanilla = Rivendare, Tiger/Raptor from ZG / Black AQ mount

TBC = Hawkstrider, Ravenlord, Kara Horse, ZA Bear.

WotLK = Pinnacle drake missing in the list

Cata only had the Vanilla mounts moved over to the 5 man versions, where they haven't been removed
    Make a full list though... since both - raids and 5 mans are dungeons/instances for that matter.

By tendency, from expansion to expansion the numbers of mounts added grew immense. With WoD having clearly the most mounts added to it now. In and outside of the instances as totals.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2015-05-21 at 09:07 AM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You apparently didn't play this game for long, or your memory is very short lived
    That list is false.....

Vanilla = Rivendare, Tiger/Raptor from ZG / Black AQ mount

TBC = Hawkstrider, Ravenlord, Kara Horse, ZA Bear.

WotLK = Pinnacle drake missing in the list

Cata only had the Vanilla mounts moved over to the 5 man versions, where they haven't been removed
    Make a full list though... since both - raids and 5 mans are dungeons/instances for that matter.

By tendency, from expansion to expansion the numbers of mounts added grew immense. With WoD having clearly the most mounts added to it now. In and outside of the instances as totals.
    The list is accurate since those are the mounts available from dungeons at this time (9 total). Cata troll dungeons drop different mounts than the vanilla raid did. The only questionable one in the list is the horse from Rivendare, since Stratholme was originally a raid instance.

Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post
    Raelbo also put it nicely. People would just bail after the boss that drops it leaving people who need further bosses to either wait ages (tank and healer ques at the moment are really bad when one drops) or just leave the group and que again. It happened in ZG, it happened in Stonecore and Vortex and that's probably why they removed mounts from dungeon bosses.
    That's actually easy. Put the mount in the LAST boss of a dungeon. Bam, problem instantly solved.
    I'm really sad that such obvious things are too hard for Blizzard dev teams to be understanded.

Also, I would totally love to have less mounts but with each mount being more or less unique, then to have a bazillion of different colored wolves. Though, seems like an impossible job for the modern devs who can do only ctrl+c/ctrl+v jobs good.
    Last edited by l33t; 2015-05-21 at 11:42 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though