Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    WoD had many great options for dungeon mounts. The Skyreaver from the store would have been a perfect drop off Skylord Tovra in Grimraid Depot.
    I can also think of a few alternatives on where the Skyreaver could've gone-the Glory meta reward, a drop Beastlord Darmac, or maybe just a pure drop from a rare Chimaera in some Iron Horde zone.

It really does suck that the last dungeon mounts were in 4.1. Having a new dungeon mount would be a cool incentive to run whatever dungeon the mount would drop from, because dungeons are currently becoming tedious, and now that 6.2 has no new ones, it'll surely get worse.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    I can also think of a few alternatives on where the Skyreaver could've gone-the Glory meta reward, a drop Beastlord Darmac, or maybe just a pure drop from a rare Chimaera in some Iron Horde zone.

It really does suck that the last dungeon mounts were in 4.1. Having a new dungeon mount would be a cool incentive to run whatever dungeon the mount would drop from, because dungeons are currently becoming tedious, and now that 6.2 has no new ones, it'll surely get worse.
    If you think about it, all the recent cool mounts they release are all bought. All the ones from the store + the recruit a friend Cindermane Charger. That was one of the best looking mounts i've seen on WoW so far, and it's really sad that it's from the RaF program. All the ones you can get ingame are reskins of existing models.
    Would be great if cindermane charger dropped from the third boss in Bloodmaul Slag Mines, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Voldius View Post
    If you think about it, all the recent cool mounts they release are all bought. All the ones from the store + the recruit a friend Cindermane Charger. That was one of the best looking mounts i've seen on WoW so far, and it's really sad that it's from the RaF program. All the ones you can get ingame are reskins of existing models.
    Would be great if cindermane charger dropped from the third boss in Bloodmaul Slag Mines, for example.
    The cindermane charger is a recolor of a free mount. The mount off Rukh'mar is the coolest mount this expansion, if you ask me. So please, contradict yourself more as you say all they get in-game are reskins then ask for a slight reskin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    The cindermane charger is a recolor of a free mount. The mount off Rukh'mar is the coolest mount this expansion, if you ask me. So please, contradict yourself more as you say all they get in-game are reskins then ask for a slight reskin
    The mount from Rukh'mar is the only unique mount they released ingame this expansion. All the rest may be new models, but they become very common when you make about 6 or 7 reskins of them. Back in the day most mounts from raids or dungeons either had an unique model or at least felt special to those who had them. Nowadays no ingame mount aside from rukh'mar's (i'll give you that one) has that special feeling about it anymore. Maybe the one from mythic blackhand, which is also a reskin. Cindermane charger may be a recolor of a free mount, but it has that unique feeling, at least for me. Opinions of course, differ from person to person.

The mount from Rukh'mar is the only unique mount they released ingame this expansion. All the rest may be new models, but they become very common when you make about 6 or 7 reskins of them. Back in the day most mounts from raids or dungeons either had an unique model or at least felt special to those who had them. Nowadays no ingame mount aside from rukh'mar's (i'll give you that one) has that special feeling about it anymore. Maybe the one from mythic blackhand, which is also a reskin. Cindermane charger may be a recolor of a free mount, but it has that unique feeling, at least for me. Opinions of course, differ from person to person.
    I have every 5 man mount and I can say this can't be further from the truth outside of the Rivendare's deathcharger mount for alliance players. As that is the only way to get a forsaken horse in-game. Karazhan's mount doesn't really feel like a forsaken horse as more just a warlock mount.

I guess the mounts from ZG can fit the same bill, but we got the tigers and raptors from MoP. So I'll give point for those. However, the Blue Proto-Drake (Only wrath mount), the Stone and Storm Drakes (Cata) weren't unique at all. Their models shared between that of reputation or common-place mounts. I think the problem people have with the mounts in WoD is they are basic animals we've been killing since level 10. The mounts from Blackhand and Archimonde will go down in my book as 2 of the coolest mounts in the game (For now!)

I may not be as hardcore as others here but I am personally glad for no 5 man mounts this expansion. I didn't enjoy farming daily for mounts. I'm about to give up on some of the raid mounts because of how long I've been farming them. And that's from someone that farmed the rivendare mount for 485 kills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Also, The fey dragons being mounts in WoD is probably because we got the mount in MoP. Not the other way around. Also. I find it funny as hell that "your opinion do
    Highly unlikely.

You're aware it takes a long time to make an expansion, right? Additionally, it seems far more likely that they make an asset for the expansion and see it's potential as a mount than they make a store mount and then figure, hey - let's shoehorn and warp some of our expansions areas to facilitate it.

The mount from Rukh'mar is the only unique mount they released ingame this expansion.
    It's not even unique, it's just a re-skin of Druid flight form! xD
    OMG BLIZZ SO LAZY WTF !!!!1!!11
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

The lack of dungeon mounts in MoP, while unfortunate, was forgivable. Apart from the Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent in Jade Temple, which perhaps they thought was too cool/too big lore-wise to add in a dungeon (I disagree here, as I would definitely like to see it in game), there weren't really any mounts that "fit" the existing dungeons.

The Scarlet dungeons and Scholomance didn't have mounts before and didn't even use any mountable models - same for Brewey. The mantid didn't really use mounts - even their amber scorpion barely fits - the mogu-themed quilen was a CE mount, and we were already getting the Shado-pan tigers from rep. No obvious mounts for any of these dungeons.

But in WoD, Zaela could have easily dropped the Black Kor'kron Proto-drake which is a simple recolor of Galakras and wouldn't really conflict with anything. Same with the Voidtalon in Shadowmoon, or maybe Feltalon..? in Auchindoun.

One of the unused clefthooves, like the Ancient Leatherhide could have come from Iron Docks, and the Solar Firehawk from Skyreach instead of Rukhmar.

There were plenty of choices, and personally I would have liked to see a few of the old unused models just to diversify the mounts in this expansion, because the pool of choices has been rather lacking. Two unused skeletal raptors would have been great for achievements in Gorgrond (collecting all the boulder/vines treasures perhaps?). Maybe a Shado-pan Kite from a faction of pandaren that came in pursuit of Garrosh?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Highly unlikely.

You're aware it takes a long time to make an expansion, right? Additionally, it seems far more likely that they make an asset for the expansion and see it's potential as a mount than they make a store mount and then figure, hey - let's shoehorn and warp some of our expansions areas to facilitate it.
    Your reasoning is good, but in this one case I think the guy was right. IIRC, there were no fairy dragons in Shadowmoon in the early beta, despite this model being one of the earliest released via the store, nor did the fairy dragon use to be a creature associated with Draenor and the draenei in lore.

It's much more likely that they decided to use it because they had it at their disposal, it fit well enough thematically, and it balanced the fact that the Horde were already going to use two store mounts as flight paths that didn't particularly fit the draenei. The alternative would have been giving lame old nether rays to Alliance, creating a new nether ray model, which obviously they didn't have time to make, or using dread ravens which would have taken away from the Arakkoa.

If you really want to go tinfoil hat on this one, you could say that the fairy dragon, RAF hippogryph and Chimera were remnants of a scrapped Emerald Dream project that got reused in other ways (or are still waiting to).

Had there been any, they would have been recolored boars, riverbeasts, talbuks or elekks/clefhoofs anyways. WoD is simply the expansion of lazy mount design and interesting mounts being on the store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why bother? Half of the whining assholes on here would just bitch that it's a recolor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Had there been any, they would have been recolored boars, riverbeasts, talbuks or elekks/clefhoofs anyways. WoD is simply the expansion of lazy mount design and interesting mounts being on the store.
    Hey oh!

But seriously, all the other mounts (excluding Raven Mount, which was the original for the others to be recolored/designed) were recolors. Why aren't people complaining about those? Oh that's right, it's only hip to complain about it if it's in this expansion.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    But seriously, all the other mounts (excluding Raven Mount, which was the original for the others to be recolored/designed) were recolors. Why aren't people complaining about those? Oh that's right, it's only hip to complain about it if it's in this expansion.
    I think it's a matter of how they are obtained. Most recolors used to have a single source; you would get exalted with a faction and buy 3-6 version of the same model - pad your collection numbers, maybe use your favorite color. Only some models had multiple sources, usually the cooler ones, and usually the ones coming from special sources stood out (the dungeon meta cloud serpent was red for example, the more striking color).

Now, all models are everywhere and sort of random. From any sort of collecting activity you do - stables, rares, reps, invasion, achievements - you get various combinations of the same creatures. The repetition stands out a lot more. It dilutes the link of those creatures to the world, their value as rewards, and it's just plain boring.

They are still there, you just buy them at the store.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Fellow collectors, I've noticed something in this expansion, well I noticed it in MoP, but I figured it was just a one-off, but it happened again in WoD. There are no mounts to be collected from dungeons. While sure, there are plenty of mounts to find in both MoP and WoD, I find it a bit disappointing that I have no desire to return to older dungeons to farm for a mount. Even at level 90, I went back and ran Vanilla, BC, WotLK, and Cata dungeons to grab some rare mounts. However, MoP and WoD don't have any.

Vanilla - 1 - Rivendare's
    BC - 2 - Hawkstrider, Ravenlord
    WotLK - 1/2 - Blue Proto-Drake (maybe Bronze Drake if you want to count it, but it's a 100% drop)
    Cata - 4/5 - Armored Raptor, Swift Tiger, Drake of the North Winds, Stone Drake (again, Battle Bear, but it's also a 100% drop)

Now here's the issue.

MoP - 0* (There was a datamined mount back in MoP beta, the Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent (same model as Yu'lon) which was rumored to drop from Lui Flameheart, the third boss in Temple of the Jade Serpent, however, this never happened...)
    WoD - 0

WoD had many great options for dungeon mounts. The Skyreaver from the store would have been a perfect drop off Skylord Tovra in Grimraid Depot. This is going into controversial issue of store mounts so I'll avoid that, but it was just an example.

It might just be me, but I miss grinding mounts everyday. The current system in WoD is garbage for players like myself who work full-time and don't get much time to play. I don't have time to sit around and wait for a spawn for 8 hours.
    Pretty obvious but I think you asked this question knowing the answer already. Blizzard discovered they could charge idiots half the price of an entire expansion pack for the mounts.