Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What happened to mounts from dungeons?

Fellow collectors, I've noticed something in this expansion, well I noticed it in MoP, but I figured it was just a one-off, but it happened again in WoD. There are no mounts to be collected from dungeons. While sure, there are plenty of mounts to find in both MoP and WoD, I find it a bit disappointing that I have no desire to return to older dungeons to farm for a mount. Even at level 90, I went back and ran Vanilla, BC, WotLK, and Cata dungeons to grab some rare mounts. However, MoP and WoD don't have any.

Vanilla - 1 - Rivendare's
    BC - 2 - Hawkstrider, Ravenlord
    WotLK - 1/2 - Blue Proto-Drake (maybe Bronze Drake if you want to count it, but it's a 100% drop)
    Cata - 4/5 - Armored Raptor, Swift Tiger, Drake of the North Winds, Stone Drake (again, Battle Bear, but it's also a 100% drop)

Now here's the issue.

MoP - 0* (There was a datamined mount back in MoP beta, the Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent (same model as Yu'lon) which was rumored to drop from Lui Flameheart, the third boss in Temple of the Jade Serpent, however, this never happened...)
    WoD - 0

WoD had many great options for dungeon mounts. The Skyreaver from the store would have been a perfect drop off Skylord Tovra in Grimraid Depot. This is going into controversial issue of store mounts so I'll avoid that, but it was just an example.

It might just be me, but I miss grinding mounts everyday. The current system in WoD is garbage for players like myself who work full-time and don't get much time to play. I don't have time to sit around and wait for a spawn for 8 hours.

Ive been barking up that tree since MOP. I dont expect them to make a return, ever. I have no grinds except for weekly ones, its boring as all hell to not have a daily grind.

Deleted
    Probably to discourage people from running dungeons. They removed the valor points from back in the days, didn't add Apexis to dungeons, removed the random chance for an epic at the last boss and removed the mount drop from dungeons as well. I think their message was clear for this expansion: we want you to go raiding and don't expect you to stick to dungeons for more than the 1st week/2 weeks.

They do seem to regret their decision a bit (at least that's what I get from the latest interview) and maybe next expansion they will make dungeons more relevant again. If they'll do it by adding mounts I am not sure.

Resources are tight at Blizzard. If you only had time to create one mount, do you put it in the store? Or in a dungeon, giving people another reason to run them?

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot the Blue Drake was originally from Oculus

This lovely cash cow called the in game shop was born and free mounts died. Any extra mounts we see now you have to buy for 10 to 20 dollars.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Fellow collectors, I've noticed something in this expansion, well I noticed it in MoP, but I figured it was just a one-off, but it happened again in WoD. There are no mounts to be collected from dungeons. While sure, there are plenty of mounts to find in both MoP and WoD, I find it a bit disappointing that I have no desire to return to older dungeons to farm for a mount. Even at level 90, I went back and ran Vanilla, BC, WotLK, and Cata dungeons to grab some rare mounts. However, MoP and WoD don't have any.

Vanilla - 1 - Rivendare's
    BC - 2 - Hawkstrider, Ravenlord
    WotLK - 1/2 - Blue Proto-Drake (maybe Bronze Drake if you want to count it, but it's a 100% drop)
    Cata - 4/5 - Armored Raptor, Swift Tiger, Drake of the North Winds, Stone Drake (again, Battle Bear, but it's also a 100% drop)

Now here's the issue.

MoP - 0* (There was a datamined mount back in MoP beta, the Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent (same model as Yu'lon) which was rumored to drop from Lui Flameheart, the third boss in Temple of the Jade Serpent, however, this never happened...)
    WoD - 0

WoD had many great options for dungeon mounts. The Skyreaver from the store would have been a perfect drop off Skylord Tovra in Grimraid Depot. This is going into controversial issue of store mounts so I'll avoid that, but it was just an example.

It might just be me, but I miss grinding mounts everyday. The current system in WoD is garbage for players like myself who work full-time and don't get much time to play. I don't have time to sit around and wait for a spawn for 8 hours.
    There are plenty of mounts for players like you, people without much time. The stables alone rewards close to 10, and there are several available from rep, and plenty to farm from retro raids and such. And some of the rare spawn mounts are neat, like Poundfist's. Just because you don't have the time doesn't mean the system itself is flawed... it means you don't have the time.

Sounds like more of a closet store rant than anything, which you practically admit yourself.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    No it wasn't. It was originally from 10 man Malygos. Then later changed to Oculus because no one would finish the dungeon in randoms.

No, blue drake was from Malygos 10 and Azure was maly 25.

Blue drake then became a drop from the sachel when your entered occulus randomly through the LFG tool.

edit: Goddamnit fred. You beat me!

The stables alone rewards close to 10, and there are several available from rep, and plenty to farm from retro raids and such. And some of the rare spawn mounts are neat, like Poundfist's. Just because you don't have the time doesn't mean the system itself is flawed... it means you don't have the time.
    None of these are things you can farm for a daily chance. Its either not time to spawn (Tuesday/Wednesday), or within the spawn window, or do it long enough and you get it. Hardly exciting.

Dungeon mounts are nice because it takes little time and can be done when you have time. It also gives you more of a reason to login daily.
    Last edited by Ayla; 2015-05-20 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    There are plenty of mounts for players like you, people without much time. The stables alone rewards close to 10, and there are several available from rep, and plenty to farm from retro raids and such. And some of the rare spawn mounts are neat, like Poundfist's. Just because you don't have the time doesn't mean the system itself is flawed... it means you don't have the time.

Sounds like more of a closet store rant than anything, which you practically admit yourself.
    I'm not quite sure where the heck you're going with that post like, at all. The closest comparison you have is the stable mounts because it does give something to do every day, but those don't have the same feeling as grinding a dungeon to finally see the mount drop. The dailies will eventually give you the mount after a certain amount, the dungeon farm could last a while.
    Also, if you happen to get the mount while the dungeon is still current, it's kinda a bragging thing, you get to show it off and feel good that you got a decently rare mount without having to dive into raids, or sit there and stare at a spawn point for hours. It also adds incentive to redo the dungeons if you want the mounts while it's current.

The Voidtalon mount also could of just been added to Shadowmoon Burial Grounds as a rare drop.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Resources are tight at Blizzard. If you only had time to create one mount, do you put it in the store? Or in a dungeon, giving people another reason to run them?
    This is getting really tiring. We get plenty of mounts every expansion. The coolest mount added in WoD doesn't even come off the shop. The shop got a "Crappy mob with a saddle" as everyone has put it. And a reskin thus far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard 100% shit the bed on dungeons starting in MoP and just spiraling downwards from then until now...
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the blue drake was ALWAYS from EoE. During the last bit of WotLK, they added the blue drake to Oculus because people were more or less quitting as soon as they entered that place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    This is getting really tiring. We get plenty of mounts every expansion. The coolest mount added in WoD doesn't even come off the shop. The shop got a "Crappy mob with a saddle" as everyone has put it. And a reskin thus far.
    Sorry, what? The Shop got !4! mounts, two were just already thrown out with the prepatch. One a color changing fairy drake, the other one the Iron Reaver. After it came the Grinning Reaver which is hands down the coolest mount in WoD by a large margin and now we get another one with Blizzard on the official forum already hinting at this becoming a general thing, basically shop mounts in fixed intervals.

Ingame we got *f all, heck even the Mythic Mount from Blackhand just uses an old TBC model with some armor slapped on. Look at the mouth part, it's resolution is incredibly low. Then again, you're not a mount collector not even reaching 250 mounts despite owning pretty much every single last store mount (no wonder you defend this).

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    heck even the Mythic Mount from Blackhand just uses an old TBC model with some armor slapped on. Look at the mouth part, it's resolution is incredibly low.
    So between you saying this, and the Bashiok on the forums talking about the Mythic Blackhand mount, I had to look it up just now.

It's a Clefthoof, from BC, with some armor slapped on...

This is about as shitty, and plain looking as Poundfist. And probably tons of other mounts that are touted as "rare", but really aren't.

I give up on Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    False. It was originally 10 Malygos only. Azure Drake was 25 Malygos only. It was only added to the random dungeon queue later to get people to actually do that horrid instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Yeah, this isn't rocket science. Mounts are piles of cash, now. Blizzard isn't stupid.

Deleted
    Don't need anymore mounts :P all you need is invincible

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of mounts that were added in WoD (60 if you include up to 6.2). So the argument that Blizzard didn't have the resources to put them in dungeons is invalid. It's pretty clear that Blizzard conciously chose to avoid putting mounts in Dungeons.

If I were to hazzard a guess as to why it's because of the way people abuse group finder to look for mounts. People will queue for the instance that drops the mount and then leave the instance after killing the boss in question making it a problem for the group to find replacements. And while it's not a problem any more due to personal loot, the reason Blizzard may have stopped putting mounts into dungeons in the past is that it caused all manner of loot dramas.

I am not saying I agree with Blizzard's stance on this, just putting possible reasons out there. Either way the conspiracy theories about shop mounts are utterly lacking in logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Then again, you're not a mount collector not even reaching 250 mounts despite owning pretty much every single last store mount (no wonder you defend this).
    Funny that. I have well over 250 mounts and I own all the store mounts and have nothing against them. I also own well over 600 pets and own all the store pets, though no one is complaining about store pets are they?
    Also, this wasn't a thread to argue about store mounts, OP even said he wanted to avoid starting that discussion.
    Get your arses off the issue of store mounts. They have nothing to do with the lack of dungeon mounts at the moment. They're a flavour item so they can make more money. They aren't holding a knife to your neck and telling you to go buy them.
    If you want an answer Tweet a Dev or put the question up on the forums.

Also on the subject of the BH mount, what would you guys have preferred? Another Gronn? Then everyone would complain that it's 'another reskin' of Poundfist and the Yeti. At least it has relevance, its a part of the Mythic Darmac encounter and comes bursting through the massive door at the back.
    Mythic Garrosh = Scorpion reskin.
    Heroic Rag = Proto Drake reskin.
    Heroic Deathwing = Plain Drake Reskin.

Raelbo also put it nicely. People would just bail after the boss that drops it leaving people who need further bosses to either wait ages (tank and healer ques at the moment are really bad when one drops) or just leave the group and que again. It happened in ZG, it happened in Stonecore and Vortex and that's probably why they removed mounts from dungeon bosses.
    Last edited by TacoCatt; 2015-05-20 at 08:34 AM.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple