Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well done, man! Wish I had that kind of motivation lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    yeah, still not squatting 2xBW in a year. Your anecdotes also sound, shall we say, fishy, to say the least.
    Well, yeah, his squat seems a bit fishy since he basically started from 0. Maybe if he did it with a belt and didnt go that deep.

Mine is mostly explained with the explosive lower-body- and core-strength I gained from hockey... It's pretty much all we ever trained when I still played, squats and power-cleans (obviously other stuff too but those were the 2 big ones).

But my point still stands that you can make pretty hefty gains when you're still in your "teens" as in around 15-19 or so... especially since your body is still filling up as you're becoming more of a man (even if you dont go to the gym that much).

Hard to tell with the pics but it definitely looks like he grew in height as well as muscle mass so could explain the dramatic increase in weight. Regardless he decided to improve his overall health and focused on his body even if something was exaggerated. Congrats on the results and the best part is learning something like this will effect the rest of his life.

Congrats! Keep it up, it's all gravy from here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Gains 20kg in 1 year and goes to 2+ times BW squats, something smells fishy here. Quarter squat or bullshit.
    Hey, thanks for your reply I guarantee you that my squats are below parallel, I'm compeating later this year (Novermber) in the International Powerlifting Federation so my squat, bench and deadlift have to be to their standard meaning squats below parallel, bench has to touch and pause on my chest and deadlifts have to be clean so no hitching. Once i have done the competition i'll come back here and post the results for you

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks bud, to be honest onces the bug bites you, you become and iron addict and the motivation comes by itself

- - - Updated - - -

I definetly grew in height that year, although i'm not a very tall person (5ft 11") i think i must have grown 2 or or so inches

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a pic of my cosplay for Gray Fullbuster from Fairy Tail in last months Comic Con.

I'm the one on the far left behind the girl with blue hair

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Well, yeah, his squat seems a bit fishy since he basically started from 0. Maybe if he did it with a belt and didnt go that deep.

Mine is mostly explained with the explosive lower-body- and core-strength I gained from hockey... It's pretty much all we ever trained when I still played, squats and power-cleans (obviously other stuff too but those were the 2 big ones).

But my point still stands that you can make pretty hefty gains when you're still in your "teens" as in around 15-19 or so... especially since your body is still filling up as you're becoming more of a man (even if you dont go to the gym that much).
    It's a one rep squat. I'm more suprised at the 195 kg deadlift tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    It's a one rep squat. I'm more suprised at the 195 kg deadlift tbh
    Tried to find my 195kg attempt but didn't have it saved to my phone, instead I got my 190kg deadlift

https://vid.me/oII4

Quote Originally Posted by Keffka View Post
    Tried to find my 195kg attempt but didn't have it saved to my phone, instead I got my 190kg deadlift

Jesus man. I don't post much, but I just had to.

Watching that video I got light headed myself.

Breathe damnit!!! Breathe!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    Jesus man. I don't post much, but I just had to.

Watching that video I got light headed myself.

Breathe damnit!!! Breathe!!!
    I know, watching it again makes me feel light headed haha, unfortunately If I was to breath I would have failed the lift... I need the air in my lungs to keep the tension against the belt otherwise I would have flopped.

Deleted

I would like to see that one from the side.
    From the front it looks as if your going to run into a injury very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    I would like to see that one from the side.
    From the front it looks as if your going to run into a injury very soon.
    ya def needs some work. your hips shoot up first and then turn it into all lower back (lacking leg drive), you arent engaging your lats enough (looks like bar drifts out), you look like you have a lot of knee valgus (might be the angle). I also dont understand why your using straps and a mixed grip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelion View Post
    ya def needs some work. your hips shoot up first and then turn it into all lower back (lacking leg drive), you arent engaging your lats enough (looks like bar drifts out), you look like you have a lot of knee valgus (might be the angle). I also dont understand why your using straps and a mixed grip.
    Ok, let me be clear, this is not a demonstration video, if it was i would chose a light weight and show you controlled reps. This is however a raw video showing an 8th set (yes 8th set, meaning there were 7 sets of controlled reps at increasing weight loads) attaching this set was purely to test my 1 rep max, i find this way of training has helped improve my strength and over the year i found that it has worked for me eventually the weight will become 'comfortable' at which point an upgrade will be made to further my progress.

As long as the reps are safe and you've hit the majority of sets with form good enough to have the desired impact, then you should be on to both size and strength gains.

Form is important but it's not as simple as prefect every time, not if you really want to grow.

In powerlifting that lift would be white lighted aswell meaning it would be counted as a lift.

- - - Updated - - -

So my friend and i were walking around some shops and found that Hollister didn't have their fitness models out, so we decided to do some 'volunteer' work

Wow you upgraded to hi res. Congrats!

Be careful, train smart and don't let an injury sneak up on ya.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Be careful, train smart and don't let an injury sneak up on ya.
    Only gone and injured my elbow in an arm wrestle >.< luckily it's not too bad but will need to rest it a couple of days...

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    You look pretty lean. However, your "52 KGs to 72KGs in 1 year". Yeah. No.
    You don't gain 20KGs in a year. If you're on all the legal shit you might be at most 4-6KGs. And even that is overdoing it. (Talking pure Muscles).
    I have a few friends doing shots, and yes. They hit well over that.

Anyway, GZ on the transformation. No way it took around 1 year. And if it did, you should chill now. Very much.
    Yes and now here comes once again a doctor/bodybuilder...
    Normally my fellow noob you bulk up and then you lean down. Also that guy transitioned from very low kilos 40 to 70 . At 50kg you literally have 0 muscle and fat.

Anyways 20 posts from op... And that kid looks way younger in the first one that's def not one year after...

wow that's great keep it up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Anyways 20 posts from op... And that kid looks way younger in the first one that's def not one year after...
    Well its just over a year but as i put on weight my face shape changed aswell

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Well... the gains do sound a bit suspicious, but you have to consider the fact that he's still young (probably still in puberty, 16-18?)
    Exactly. When do you think you're getting 20KGs of muscles if you're using roids.
    Body is under change. A combination on noob gains and roids 20KGs in a year even then is hard.

Let alone without. At most, we're talking 4-6 ish KGs. A YEAR. 20KGs.

Good job!

I myself have "only" managed to deadlift 130 kg (could possibly have added 10 kg but didn't want to risk an injury). I went from 58 kg to 72 kg in a little bit more than three years. Tried bulking but my stomasch kinda "broke" from drinking two litres of milk each day and I ended up not fully getting back into training for like a year.

Be careful, better not risk your phenomenal progress with something silly as to impress someone with a lift you can't make or some fucked up diet like I did!

PS
    There is no way those pics in the OT are 1 year apart just look at the faces, liar!