Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Something is missing really hard from Draenor

So here is what I'm thinking:
    Archemonde screen shoot with the three mini bosses. Ok that's super duper cool and awesome, but one major thing is missing. Like very major - Kil'Jaden. He is nowhere to be seen. Well not that Archemonde was seen anywhere else, but still. As far as i remember Kil'Jaden was the one so obsessed with chasing down the draenei and Velen. He was the one who manipulated the Orcs in MU to drink the demon blood and slaughter the draenei. So i started to wonder - "Where the hell is he in this whole story and why Archemonde and not Kil'Jaden?!?".

To me it seems that Blizzard is trying to resemble in some way TBC and the Battle of Mount Hyjal. However, if we stick to a bit with the lore, there is no way Kil'Jaden didn't understood that the Legion has stumbled on a planet with a lot of draeneis living on it. There is no way the news didn't get his attention. I know this will sound like "hey look another person that refuse to accept that Hellfire will be the end the expansion", but i really think that he should show up at some point after Hellfire, if Blizzard really want to resemble a bit the current expansion with TBC expansion. I think this is really good material for 3rd raid tier and the only logical choice for a WoW character that is with equal or greater power level than Archemonde.

What da ya guyz think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does Kil'Jaeden need to be there?
    You can't just summon him in like a second of time.

It requires alot of time to get his big ass there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Kil'jaeden would have made a lot more sense, but I think Blizzard picked Archimonde so we don't end up fighting Kil'jaeden 3 times since we still have to deal with MU Kil'jaeden.

They've rather ham fistedly shoved The Burning Legion down our throats as the next expansion with all their claims of it going to be trying directly in to this one. We won't see Kil'Jaden until then, simple as that.

He is going to be the big bad for the next expansion.

I'd really love to know how their statement of, "It's going to tie directly into this expansion" and their other comment of, "You will be back on your own world" in any way go together, because they just don't. Either we're bringing part of the AU with us, that being the Burning Legion, which we've already defeated on our world, or they're going to throw everyone for a loop, have 6.3 come out and completely wrap up the Burning Legion storyline, and have someone from our world, come to the end of this world just to say he's there, most likely Prince Wrathion to mess things up for us and tell us, "Guess what, I've really been bad all along!" Then we go back to the MU and fight him as his plans unravel.

Story points for this expansion seem pathetic and nothing more than a, "Hey, here are some lore characters, love us!"

Deleted
    I thought the reason it's Archimonde coming is because Kil'Jaden failed. Grommash and the rest of the Horde initially didn't drink the demon blood, and instead turned and killed Mannoroth which wasn't how it was supposed to go. Archimonde then decided he would take the reigns as one of his major generals had been killed and so is now taking Draenor on himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakkiran View Post
    I thought the reason it's Archimonde coming is because Kil'Jaden failed. Grommash and the rest of the Horde initially didn't drink the demon blood, and instead turned and killed Mannoroth which wasn't how it was supposed to go. Archimonde then decided he would take the reigns as one of his major generals had been killed and so is now taking Draenor on himself.
    Draenor was always KJ's side project though. Archi really didn't give a shit about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Draenor was always KJ's side project though. Archi really didn't give a shit about it.
    He still doesn't give a shit. Archimonde is the one that goes when the planet just needs to go into dust.
    Archimonde: You have failed, Kil'jaeden. The orcs did not drink of Mannoroth's blood as you promised.
    Archimonde:I care not for your vendetta against the draenei... but their souls may still prove useful to us.
    We will take this world with the unending strength of the Legion. The time for subtlety has passed.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=116122/b...ssive#comments

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    His head was bound to be turned when he caught news that one of his top generals was killed there thanks to KJ's plan.
    As the quote Shampro linked above, basically shows Archi taking over as KJ failed.

Deleted
    So as far as i understand and according the quotes we will see KJ then? Is that so? Maybe some RP when Archimonde and his lieutenants come out of the portal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    So as far as i understand and according the quotes we will see KJ then? Is that so? Maybe some RP when Archimonde and his lieutenants come out of the portal?
    No. Archimonde is the one in charge of the campaign now. And hes not there to have a dance party with the orcs, hes there to terminate the planet and get himself some delicious Draenei souls. It's also obvious that Kil'jaden is being saved for his return to our Azeroth.

Isn`t it so that KJ is the legions master manipulator i.e getting the orcs to drink the blood etc. Since that didn`t work they sent the actual combat tactician and commander of the armies Archimonde to finish with brute force what KJ couldnt with subterfuge. Correct me if i`m wrong though
    “The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. And I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon. Probably at the next gas station.”

kil'jaedan's plans for draenor failed, the continued failure pisses archimonde off to the point that now he wants draenor.

Deleted
    To answer your question OP -> This is a different universe. Not everything is the same as in the original timeline (no Grom's son etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    No. Archimonde is the one in charge of the campaign now. And hes not there to have a dance party with the orcs, hes there to terminate the planet and get himself some delicious Draenei souls. It's also obvious that Kil'jaden is being saved for his return to our Azeroth.
    Exactly. Also, Velen's already dead so Kil'jaeden doesn't have as personal of a reason to make sure he's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    I'd really love to know how their statement of, "It's going to tie directly into this expansion" and their other comment of, "You will be back on your own world" in any way go together, because they just don't.
    I took that statement less to mean that the overarching plot will directly continue, and more that the events of this one will spill more naturally into the next. Something as simple as the popular guess of Gul'dan escaping into our world is enough to have the consequences of this story tie into the next expansion at least as much as Garrosh escaping from his trial into Draenor, and certainly more than any expansion before that.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2015-05-20 at 09:09 PM.

This is the 'kill dead lore characters' expansion so of course we're fighting the eredar lord that's dead in our timeline.

The reason Kil'jaeden is missing is because they didn't want to make him too repetitive because they are already planning to use him again later.

Archimonde: Hyjal&Hellfire Citadel

Kil'jaeden: Sunwell Plateu&Some place on Argus when we get there

Having Kil'jaeden show up 3 times across WoW would be a bit much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post

But why?!? He can become WoW first "Sunday morning villain"
    I personally wouldn't mind of him to become something like the Lich King - we mess up his plans, he pop up, kill his failed minion, throw some threats at us and vanish again. So we can have nice build up for him.

Probably because, even if he's not in next xpac, KJ is still Alive in MU and they don't seem interested in having us fighting enemies who are still alive in MU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    What? People didn't like fighting Onyxia 3 times?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    What? People didn't like fighting Onyxia 3 times?
    To be fair one of those was a special anniversary thing not tied into the story, and in brd she was a mindless frankenfragon who was killed in the figfight's first phase.