Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Question BM Stat Priority question

I know that Mastery is the best stat for the spec. I also mostly do LFR because I've never been keen on strict raid times (I play when I want to). With that in mind, here is my question:

If a slot in LFR has no gear with Mastery on it, should I go for something that has Haste in that slot's gear instead?

Possibly-inaccurate example: LFR BrF has no Mail boots with Mastery on them, but one boots piece does have Haste. I would go for those boots, yes?

If the best option is not available, go for the second best option.

If the second best option is not available, go for the third best option.

The stat priority list for BM hunters is Agility > weapon dps > mastery > multi strike > critical > versitility. So if you can't get master go for haste.

The stat weights are pretty close so it usually just comes down to which piece has the higher ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    The stat priority list for BM hunters is Agility > weapon dps > mastery > multi strike > critical > versitility. So if you can't get master go for haste.

The stat weights are pretty close so it usually just comes down to which piece has the higher ilvl
    You didnt put haste in there..

Woops. Lol haste is after mastery

Agility > weapon dps > mastery > haste > multi strike > crit > versitility

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to get my original account ban reversed. No such luck. Oh well - I do have another account.

Still, having to go back over all that stuff in WoD; getting followers to L100 and then Epic, the grind to the 715 ring, recruiting Garona, gearing up with as much Mastery as possible, and taming Gara. Coupled with the fact that DPS have long queues, it all seems a little daunting.

Go for itemlevel (warforged +6) or sockets.
    The statweights for BM are very close.
    Agility is valued at 1.00 mastery at 0.48 and versitality at 0.42
    This means that agility is more than twice as good as any other stat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    I tried to get my original account ban reversed. No such luck. Oh well - I do have another account.

Still, having to go back over all that stuff in WoD; getting followers to L100 and then Epic, the grind to the 715 ring, recruiting Garona, gearing up with as much Mastery as possible, and taming Gara. Coupled with the fact that DPS have long queues, it all seems a little daunting.
    You are kinda off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukvit View Post

You are kinda off-topic.
    It's his topic though.