10+ Year Old Account

Israel to ‘anti-vaxxers': No vaccination, no child support (GGT)

Original title: State to ‘anti-vaxxers': No vaccination, no child support (changed to clarify country in which this is taking place)

Rights groups say ‘draconian’ conditioning of welfare benefits on vaccines is discriminatory as Haredim, Bedouin have most to lose from proposed penalty
    When United Torah Judaism inked its coalition agreement with Likud on April 29, party members triumphantly hailed the reversal of a slew of legislative measures implemented by arch-nemesis Yair Lapid, including an increase in monthly child allowances — but it came with one caveat. Under the terms of the coalition deal, which appointed party member Yaakov Litzman deputy health minister, “the National Insurance law will be amended, such that child allowances will not be given in cases where a parent refuses to vaccinate their child.”

That condition — which did not specify which vaccines would be included — revives a six-year-old debate on the legality of linking over the past few years welfare benefits to vaccinations. It also comes on the heels of a quiet climb in the number of parents opting out of some or all vaccinations, primarily from within some segments of the ultra-Orthodox community as well as Bedouin families in southern Israel with limited access to medical treatment (another group is found among upper-to-middle class Israelis, based on ideological grounds).

The Haredim and Bedouin, among those most resistant to inoculations, are also among Israel’s most impoverished and have the largest families, so they are ultimately the most dependent on the monthly allowances. Hinging benefits on vaccinations, then, puts them in a tight spot.

Deleted
    I just realized that you're signing your threads

Stop having large families if you're poor, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Stop having large families if you're poor, problem solved.
    Yeah, if you're anti-vacc nut in which case problem is not solved at all, which is those anti-vacc nuts.

Those not getting vaccinations should be simply quarantinized to their own zone where they may only leave after getting vaccination.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I just realized that you're signing your threads
    took ya long enough!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Original title: State to ‘anti-vaxxers': No vaccination, no child support (changed to clarify country in which this is taking place)
    I wonder

The issue is not so much the poor people who will not vaccinate as it is the rich fools with followings that spread the nonsense

Why punish the victims..

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Yeah, if you're anti-vacc nut in which case problem is not solved at all, which is those anti-vacc nuts.
    I was referring to the problem of these people feeling discriminated against. They can solve their own mess as I just suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I was referring to the problem of these people feeling discriminated against. They can solve their own mess as I just suggested.
    Even then it's misguided at best, assuming child support is based on equality in Israel, everyone will get same portion (In Finland it's 100e~ child). Typically it's the richer and better off party that acts most butthurt when discussion rises about whetever better off ones could go with reduced child support or not.

No reason to believe the case wouldn't be similiar here.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, as it should be.

Not only the so-called "anti-vaxxers" endanger themselves and their children, they can potentially harm others with their retarded defiance and I'm not even starting about how this whole thing is free for all basically to begin with.

Money talks, see how they will be running to do it once it talks to their purses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets hope its a growing trend for countries to do dis

Interesting idea that would never fly here even with the anti welfare program Republicans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Lets hope its a growing trend for countries to do dis
    I don't think that besides the US and the UK this is actually a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I don't think that besides the US and the UK this is actually a thing.
    I think Aus already did this too. The way I look at it, in the UK we have a "free" health service. People willingly endangering themselves, their children and others due to their.. idiocy, should be made to personally pay medical costs that arise due to conditions that would not have happened if they took the bloody free harmless vaccination

Deleted
    I fully support any and all anti-anti-vaxxer measures. The anti-vaccination fad is stupid and dangerous as it not only affects them and their families but others as well.

If anti vaccination is allowed to continue we may see the return of diseases thought eradicated. If the Plague comes back in Europe I sure as hell know who to blame.