Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Woman uses MMA training to choke out a sex attacker when forced to the ground

Source: http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/20/female...-home-5206569/

This guy picked on the wrong lady and the court is suitably impressed!

When a sex predator punched a woman, dragged her over a wall and jumped on top of her, he had no idea who he was missing with.
    Five minutes later, he was unconscious, and his ‘victim’ was dusting herself off.
    But the woman, who had two years of kickboxing under her belt and had taken a self-defence course, put the man in a triangle choke – a submission hold that involves wrapping your legs around the neck of the other person and cutting off the blood flow to their brain – and put him to sleep.
    Willis’s DNA was found in the crotch of the woman’s shouts [sic.]. He was quickly arrested and admitted to actual bodily arm but denied sexual assault.
    The jury, however, convicted Willis of the latter charge. He was sentenced on a date to be fixed.
    The judge awarded the woman a £500 reward, ‘a tiny token of the court’s appreciation of what she has done to bring about the apprehension of Willis.’
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2015-05-21 at 03:39 AM.

I want to wrestle with Paige VanZant. In pudding.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Pretty damn badass.

Deleted
    "He was sentenced on a date to be fixed."?

Deleted
    MMA is awesome

While sometimes lacking in upper body strength if women knew how to use their legs while fighting they could roll over any non trained dude EASILY

Deleted
    Nice.........

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Source: http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/20/female...-home-5206569/

This guy picked on the wrong lady and the court is suitably impressed!

badass bitch is not a victim.

Everyone can take a page from this woman.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I want to wrestle with Paige VanZant. In pudding.
    I can totally get behind that pudding idea.

OT... well played lady.. well played.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

That's so cool. I probably should start exercising, at this point a 80 year old grandma could kidnap me.
    X

So they sentenced him on a he said she said thing?

I don't get that, how can they do that? The best they can do is prove that he was put in a choke hold. Why do they assume he attacked her instead of it being the other way around?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

I don't get that, how can they do that? The best they can do is prove that he was put in a choke hold. Why do they assume he attacked her instead of it being the other way around?
    1. We do not have enough information to make a judgement one way or the other. You would have to at least read the actual legal summary.
    2. This is the UK. There are almost certainly cameras somewhere that caught some aspect of the encounter, even if it is him stalking her.
    3. Willis already admitted assaulting her (*).
    4. DNA from the guy's hands were found on the woman's crotch. Presumably, it is within the court's discretion to assess intent behind the assault plus any other information we have not been given, thus they decided there was enough evidence for a sexual assault charge to stick.
    5. Willis was jailed in 2011 when he tried to drag a woman into his van, after he attacked a couple and punched the man to the ground.

This is definitely a case where it could have ended MUCH worse for the woman either way. That is, since she was unable to get away, she could have been raped or killed. Alternatively, since she has had martial arts training, it could have been misapplied in an extremely stressful, life-death situation like this one and ended up killing or maiming the person. The latter is more likely than you think, especially from strikes to the head, landing with head or back on the ground or choking someone for longer than a few seconds after they are knocked out from blood loss to the brain.

(*) The UK does not have plea bargaining like in the US. If he admitted to that, it was entirely due to him and the pressure he felt from the evidence.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2015-05-21 at 05:11 AM.

Now more women will enroll in self defense classes to tip the scales in their favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That's gotta hit the ego pretty hard.
    Not when you lead with the MMA angle :P

really glad to see something like this. awesome shit

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    "He was sentenced on a date to be fixed."?
    Poor wording but I think they meant "He was sentenced on a to-be-determined date". Maybe.

I love that they paid her a finder's fee...

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

It's a jury trial, they make a decision on the balance of the evidence. On the basis of everything presented they made this conclusion.

I'm not sure if UK law applies a "beyond reasonable doubt" standard to the particular crime he was convicted of (I assume "attempted sexual assault" or something?), but even if it did the jury might've believed that it was.

Anyway, you don't know all the details of a trial based on some article on the internet. News sites aren't legal authorities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That's gotta hit the ego pretty hard.
    Good! That douchenozzle deserved it!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Now more women will enroll in self defense classes to tip the scales in their favor.
    Yeah, that would be terrible if women had a competitive advantage by learning how to defend themselves from sexual assault I'll just assume that wasn't what you meant by that statement...