Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vea Lea View Post
    all drugs are bad if not used for medical reasons you need allowance from doctor for that
    Keep telling yourself that lie. Drugs are only bad when they're misused or concocted with poisonous ingredients, at least the natural ones. (including elixirs and whatnot)
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Keep telling yourself that lie. Drugs are only bad when they're misused or concocted with poisonous ingredients, at least the natural ones. (including elixirs and whatnot)
    it is not a lie

10+ Year Old Account
    all drugs are bad if not used for medical reasons you need allowance from doctor for that
    Not surprised you're from thailand, the country so uncivilized they kill people for drug crimes rather then looking at why people abuse drugs and looking at the underlying social issues they pick the easy way out and simply try to brute force the issue.

Extremism is bad mkay.

Citation needed.

Also even the ones that are bad don't harm others they harm the user.

drug
    drʌɡ/
    noun
    a substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.

I'd say even water fits that definition! Do you ask permission from your doctor to drink water?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Well no one said showing up high. Liquor is legal and that doesn't mean people can show up drunk.
    I am biased because I have never met someone who smokes who would be responsible enough not to show up work high. Anyways their job, their rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    Still technically illegal on the federal level....so it just depends on who ya gonna call....
    Actually having THC in your system isn't illegal anywhere in the USA, it isn't something that they can arrest you for, you need to have drugs or paraphernalia on you at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is not a lie
    You have what evidence or credentials to back up your claim? Or will you simply be posting anecdotes?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Yes.

The legality of an activity and a company allowing it are two entirely different non related things. It's not illegal to wear shorts, but many companies don't allow you to wear them at work.
    They don't fire you for wearing shorts at home though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post

Well then all drugs are bad since they all end up as neurotoxins.

Natural drugs? Come on now.
    LSD you can get "Naturally" from Ergot but even pure ergot is unsafe compared to what LSD is as you know it, synthetic ergotimines on paper, or whatever.

Same reason MDMA does not = sassafrass ;P
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

As one comedian stated there shouldn't be drug tests, the test should be if you can't tell im high then thats a win. His quote i can't since i work for a state univ and im too cheap to buy it as well lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Not surprised you're from thailand, the country so uncivilized they kill people for drug crimes rather then looking at why people abuse drugs and looking at the underlying social issues they pick the easy way out and simply try to brute force the issue.

Extremism is bad mkay.
    your not going to get killed for having personal use amount of drugs

Illegal at fed level, so still illegal. Perfectly acceptable to test for it.

If it was legal at all levels of gov't then only if they develop a test for the non-metabolized form of the drug, and only if they have a reason to suspect that you're currently high.

Deleted
    I remember Walmart trying to pull some of the stuff they do in the US around here, i.e prying into their employees private life, trying to dictate stuff they can and can't do and so on and on. Needless to say, Walmart here doesn't exist anymore.

Flakka seems to be the exception there, here in the USA, or soon will be.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    People who generally work there would have different world views, seeing people that accept being tested for drug use for a job are more likely to not be in favor of using drugs. What can generally set you apart on a couple more issues. It's not something i would say that it would be so with certainty but it's something i would find to be more likely then not.
    In a world where nobody ever learned to get along with anybody else, I could see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I am biased because I have never met someone who smokes who would be responsible enough not to show up work high. Anyways their job, their rules.
    I used to smoke almost every day but I wouldn't smoke at work or go to work high because it would mess up my actual work, I would wager I am not the norm though so I would agree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct but it is seen as a criminal offense to use, which is part of the same outdated of inefficient ways of trying to tackle drug abuse and addiction.

Ah give it a good 40 to 50 years and thailand might have moved into modern thinking about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    So since there is nothing illegal about visiting a state say Colorado and consuming what would be considered a controlled substance elsewhere, a business should not be able to legally exclude you from employment, nor should they even be allowed to test for the presence of THC.
    this is where you strayed off course. its not about you personally, and where you want to visit. its about the company and what state they are in. the company follows the rules set forth by the state they are located in. sure you can go on vacation but that doesnt mean you get to just go all willy nilly and do whatever.

im sorry, but its the laws of the state that you should be trying to change, not the company. change the state, and the company will follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

But you will be killed for other amounts?

And you say that like it is reasonable?