Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, you just made me think, OLD GOD ADVENTURE IN HEARTHSTONE!
    Each wing could have a different OG as it's final boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    It's from the Warcraft Chronicle lorebook that Blizz is putting out in November. It's supposed to cover various eras from before the modern one of the games, including the empire of the Old Gods.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/1947/d...WOW%20announce
    Oh, I know about the book, I'd just never seen those preview images. I actually still don't seem them in that link.

The best thing is that We know very little about how an old god "works". How is his body? His soul? Is he in this dimension and in others in the same time? Are they outside time? What are the faceless? How the titans defeated them? How much powerful were they before the war against the titans? Who and where is the fifth?
    Edit: what the hell is that majestic city in the secondo artwork? Zin azshari?
    Last edited by Octavius; 2015-05-20 at 10:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    The best thing is that We know very little about how an old god "works". How is his body? His soul? Is he in this dimension and in others in the same time? Are they outside time? What are the faceless? How the titans defeated them? How much powerful were they before the war against the titans? Who and where is the fifth?
    We do know they can be killed by swarms of lesser beings.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Old gods are one of the most interesting things in game, know so little about them. Really excited for that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    We do know they can be killed by swarms of lesser beings.
    No, We only know that Y'shaarj was probably killed by a swarm of mogu. And some overpowered, inexistent "heroes", aka We players, killed two in a very weakened state.

No, We only know that Y'shaarj was probably killed by a swarm of mogu. And some overpowered, inexistent "heroes", aka We players, killed two in a very weakened state.
    We never killed any Old Gods, we simply delayed their return. If the Titans were unable to kill them without wrecking the planet, there is no reason to believe a little group of mortals could. Only one Old God has died as far as we know, the one on Pandaria that was killed during the war with the Titans, and we saw how that turned out with the Sha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'shaarj was indeed killed without titan aid "storm's will done" ra-den desired him dead "stone's purpose fulfilled (the mogu were able to tear him apart). The Old Gods aren't invincible, the titans have killed many by incinerating planets.

Yes sure We all know this. But, about the mogus, it's quiet likely that they indeed killed Y'shaarj but blizzard never confirmed. And about what exactly We did to yoggy and c'thun, We don't know for sure. But yes, We know they can die and, in addition, We don't know why seems a bad thing for the planet when one of them truly die. Y'shaarj freed the Shas, but the others? And what if they all die?
    Last edited by Octavius; 2015-05-21 at 04:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliez View Post
    I'll be honest, I expected this before I clicked your link.

I laughed a bit too hard at that!!

I really wanna see what Blizzard has to say about the Old Gods and if possibly Hakkar the Blood God as well. Blizz already stated once that both Hakkar and the Old Gods are gods, much like Elune, who is the only Goddess so far, while they also stated that the Titans aren't gods. So what makes them appart and what not.
    Suddenly, one day, 99.7% of the Lich King's death knights broke free.
    Clearly, the lich king was keylogged

WTB in-game C'Thun looking, acting, and feeling like that monstrosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cl4nK View Post
    I really wanna see what Blizzard has to say about the Old Gods and if possibly Hakkar the Blood God as well. Blizz already stated once that both Hakkar and the Old Gods are gods, much like Elune, who is the only Goddess so far, while they also stated that the Titans aren't gods. So what makes them appart and what not.
    Old gods are not actual gods.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    Old gods are not actual gods.
    There is no real definition of what a god is in the Warcraft universe. As the Old Gods are (on an individual basis) the most powerful beings in the universe, I think they would qualify no matter what criteria you set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaspias View Post
    There is no real definition of what a god is in the Warcraft universe. As the Old Gods are (on an individual basis) the most powerful beings in the universe, I think they would qualify no matter what criteria you set.
    I don't think they are the most powerful beings in the universe since Cthun tied in single combat with one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I don't think they are the most powerful beings in the universe since Cthun tied in single combat with one.
    I don't think the that it was single combat. The only mention of this is the Prophecy of C'Thun which is extremely vague, while we have multiple sources that say the titans could not defeat the Old Gods without their numerical and technological advantage. I'm under the impression that if a full powered Old God like C'Thun were to fight one-on-one with a full powered Titan like Sargeras the Old God would win. Win as in Superman beating a piece of paper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the that it was single combat. The only mention of this is the Prophecy of C'Thun which is extremely vague, while we have multiple sources that say the titans could not defeat the Old Gods without their numerical and technological advantage. I'm under the impression that if a full powered Old God like C'Thun were to fight one-on-one with a full powered Titan like Sargeras the Old God would win. Win as in Superman beating a piece of paper.
    I dont think thats true, since Ra-den and mogu could kill a old god.

Elune is 100% a goddess. So we have an idea
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    This Isn't Even My Final Form!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    The Old gods have been described as 'Parasitic beings' somewhere. What gives them the name gods could just be thier overall influance in the universe as they are also mentioned to be ''all around the cosmos'' or something to that capacity by the boss in The Alcatraz.