Thread: Fun game modes

7+ Year Old Account

Fun game modes

Did everyone enjoy the bobble head event during April Fools? I did. HILARITY!!

What other fun game modes would you like to see?
    I'd like to see a map made sort of like ARAM in LoL, but with the option to go random or not. Sort of a one lane, maybe a bit wider than normal, everyone get into the team fight and stay there the entire time. Just for shits and giggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

I also really enjoyed the big head mode, and I was kinda disappointed to see a lot of hate for it in some places.

I would like to see a map or a game mode that could be like deathmatch from dota. Where everytime you die you get a different hero, there is no going back. And you only get a limited number of lives per team. So if you team is running low enough on lives, you may not even have enough heroes to spawn a whole team, it makes for some pretty exciting and clutch moments! But I guess it would be hard to do that in HotS right now because of the limited hero selection. O well, I can dream.....

But oppositely I would actually like to see game mode or map that is less eventful. I would like a map that has no map objective. I know it goes against the whole idea of HotS and is basic philosophies to push objective importance for more teamfights, but I would love a plain map too. Just a map with lanes, towers, gates, keeps and the merc camps. Or maybe the objective could just be super buff merc camps. I dunno, just a thought.

They better bring big head mode back! For every April Fool's Day at the very least!

I'd also like to see a map with no objective, or less impactful objectives, or objectives that emphasise lane pushing for a more traditional MOBA variant. To some extend the Spider Queen map is like that.

Also maybe some completely wacky out-there map variants that are very different to traditional MOBA. Like some kind of capture the flag or king of the hill concept. Or a football style map where your heroes kick some kind of buff around and try to land touchdowns on the enemy base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sky Temple is basically KotH
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Sky Temple is basically KotH
    I suppose that's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Play basketball as azmodan. And spam chat using b-ball related terms.

Ahhh, april first, when Blizzard makes you not play their game. I do not have a gaming industry, but it looks really really effin retarded to not let people play your games, no? :S
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Ahhh, april first, when Blizzard makes you not play their game. I do not have a gaming industry, but it looks really really effin retarded to not let people play your games, no? :S
    I don't... what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't... what?
    I think he's saying its stupid to take people away from the 'main game' to 'play something else' ... even if that something else is still their game.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I think he's saying its stupid to take people away from the 'main game' to 'play something else' ... even if that something else is still their game.
    But... it was bobblehead mode... it was completely aesthetic...

15+ Year Old Account
    It's an ldev post, it's not supposed to make sense
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GBT-Hammerbeard View Post
    I would like to see a map or a game mode that could be like deathmatch from dota. Where everytime you die you get a different hero, there is no going back. And you only get a limited number of lives per team. So if you team is running low enough on lives, you may not even have enough heroes to spawn a whole team, it makes for some pretty exciting and clutch moments! But I guess it would be hard to do that in HotS right now because of the limited hero selection. O well, I can dream.....
    I really like the way that this sounds - I would play it, even with the limited hero pool.

I also like the idea of the ARAM maps. You could have one with objectives and one without objectives. A cool objective would be if you control the center you could activate a bunch of slow moving traps that travel down the lane and force your opponent to be aggressive or be skewered (just a thought off the top of my head).

On the topic of game modes (not intended to derail the OP) - has anyone heard anything about players being able to create their own custom maps? I know it was a feature they were thinking of bringing out and if they do this could be the gateway to all of these fun/crazy game modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendeth View Post
    On the topic of game modes (not intended to derail the OP) - has anyone heard anything about players being able to create their own custom maps? I know it was a feature they were thinking of bringing out and if they do this could be the gateway to all of these fun/crazy game modes.
    That sounds pretty awesome, can't say I ever read any plans for that though, I could have just missed it, ofcourse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Custom made maps was a talking point last blizzcon, if I remember correctly. No confirmation of whether or not it will be real though.
    I would imagine they could follow the trend they did with the Arcade in SC2 for player made maps though. Have them submit it for approval and then be listed as official.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.