Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Elodia View Post
    Yeah, same. If there is something I REALLY hate in MOBAS is the very short ttk that makes it impossible to survive a 1v2 or even run away. And the other thing I hate is the limited life with no possibility of healing yourself in order to continue to stay in the lane and instead having to get back to the base to heal, and also the mana that also makes you need to go back.
    I'm not sure what MOBA you're playing, but there are heroes that heal and what not usually.
    Like, just look at Dota 2 as an example, Keeper of the Light has a move that restores mana to a friendly target, Dazzle/Oracle/plenty more have healing moves. The point is though as you get more items and what not, the issue of having to go back to heal and what not goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    that just means there are tens of millions of stupid people in the world.

I mean the bible is the most sold book in history....you see where this is going
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    A million flies can't be wrong.
    It's really starting to become sad how desperate people get just because people like something they don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    There's a chance I'm horribly wrong about some of this, but I think the whole card thing may be meant as a replacement for the way a typical MOBA handles abilities. As far as I'm aware, in all of the current MOBAs, you pick a character at the start with fixed abilities; HotS lets you modify the abilities of your characters up to an extent, and does let you choose what your ultimate/heroic ability will be, but that's about it.

Going by just the footage in the video that the OP linked, it seems like Lord of Vermillion almost lets you pick and use multiple characters at once. You have the "main" character that you control with the keyboard and such, and then what looks to be "summons" or "companions" which seem to be what you attack with. The cards correspond with the companions you summon, and it seems like it's not only possible to swap out different companions on the fly, but possibly change how a given "summon" works, depending on the card you slot.

It looks like it could be a really interesting and intricate system, depending on if it works like I think it does. I especially like the idea of being able to switch up your abilities (represented by the summons) on the fly. It might even be meant to serve as replacement for items (which didn't seem to exist in the video, as far as I could see). Something else that I noticed that was different from most typical MOBAs is that there seemed to be a time limit. I wonder if they might be going the Blizzard route, where they're gonna try to encourage shorter games, or maybe it's an anti-frustration feature or an alternative to having a surrender option. Still, I wonder what its basis of measurement is, when it comes to deciding who wins when the time runs out, especially in really close games.

As for Master X Master, that looked more like Bloodlines-style arena game than a traditional MOBA, though I suppose it's possible that was just an alternative game mode. Something that I noticed right at the end, is it almost seemed like there was bit of an almost MMO-esque open world component? Unless it was just a really elaborate lobby waiting room....

All and all, despite usually not being a fan of PVP-exclusive and MOBA style games, I have to say I do like the unique touches both of those games seem to be trying to bring to the genre. Diversity is almost always a good thing, in my opinion.
    Oh, so rather than have like "This hero does that" it's more like "You can do whatever, you just have to pick the right cards"? It does sound interesting, but it also sounds hectic to balance at that rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's really starting to become sad how desperate people get just because people like something they don't like.
    Clearly they are right and everybody else is a moron because they dont agree with their subjective opinions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm not sure what MOBA you're playing, but there are heroes that heal and what not usually.
    Like, just look at Dota 2 as an example, Keeper of the Light has a move that restores mana to a friendly target, Dazzle/Oracle/plenty more have healing moves. The point is though as you get more items and what not, the issue of having to go back to heal and what not goes away.
    Not to mention having stats like Lifesteal which will let players top off their health simply by farming minions

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    I guess I'm just missing the sarcasm but what the fuck man?

OT: LoVA has a character named Black Robe voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro, what could go wrong? If it gets an English UI, I'll try it out for the 5/5 kawaii grills.
    You're missing the sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Not using classic Square Enix characters ruins that idea.
    I would rather Square characters not get whored out in a tired genre that already has 2 juggernauts you can't dethrone.

There is very little innovation left to be done in the genre. Let LoL and Dota have their war with each other and blizzard try to be 3rd wheel. There is no need for the rest of this garbage.

Deleted
    really love smite so another 3rd person moba is v welcome... hopefully its decent.

I hope the MOBA trend blows over quickly. Easily the most disappointing watered down money-grab genre I can think of. And it prevents better games from being made as developers chase off into the non-gamer market for megabucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Elodia View Post
    Yeah, same. If there is something I REALLY hate in MOBAS is the very short ttk that makes it impossible to survive a 1v2 or even run away. And the other thing I hate is the limited life with no possibility of healing yourself in order to continue to stay in the lane and instead having to get back to the base to heal, and also the mana that also makes you need to go back.
    I've played both Dota and LoL and I can say that unless you're doing it really wrong then this isn't the case at all. There are plenty of heroes that can survive and even win a 1v2, there are LOTS of possibilities to heal yourself and mana you just need to manage, it certainly isn't a thing you should really go back to base for.

Can't wait until this cash-show-genre dies frankly. It's as horrible as the mobile-game market.

Like one posted said above. It makes developers feel like they have to go into this area and not innovate.

I'm surprised they jsut didn't make a Final Fantasy moba. Shit ton of characters to draw from.

Do you honest believe real human are playing League of Legends?

They are all bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    It makes developers feel like they have to go into this area and not innovate.
    There's no evidence at all for this.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Not into MOBA genre as i find it incredibly tedious but the NCsoft one looked cool.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Anyone wants to play some hero lines or Stronghold inn Warcraft 3....

Yep, thats my MOBA. Never gonna bother with this genre, Warcraft 3 was fine.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay... More moba's...

blergh

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    If Square is gonna make a MOBA why not go the Heroes of the Storm route? That seems the most logical route to me.
    You mean a sleazy money grab with the ugliest graphics, piss-awful balance that makes LoL and Dota look perfect, and n atrocious UI with shit loads of input delays?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I'm surprised they jsut didn't make a Final Fantasy moba. Shit ton of characters to draw from.
    Squeenix should have made a FF-themed Moba where you use the summon monsters/whatever they're called now like Ifrit, Shiva, Bahamut, Typhon, etc.

I've played both Dota and LoL and I can say that unless you're doing it really wrong then this isn't the case at all. There are plenty of heroes that can survive and even win a 1v2, there are LOTS of possibilities to heal yourself and mana you just need to manage, it certainly isn't a thing you should really go back to base for.
    Tanky offlaners like Yorick and Wraith King are so much fun when you can make the build work.
    Last edited by Orkwuzhere; 2015-06-05 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    Yay... More moba's...

blergh
    I would venture a guess that more RPGs/FPS/Almost every single other genre has more games pumped out often. But hey, MOBAS STINK COZ I DON'T LIKE THEM, AMIRIGHT?!

Deleted
    Battleborn (Gearbox's upcoming MOBA) E3 trailer is out, looks quite sweet.

Not been a fan of MOBAs so far but a FPS style one could really get me interested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Yeah not sure why they weren't just aiming to cash in on their already developed characters, they've shown they don't have an issue with crossovers of different FF series in KH. Hell a Disney / FF Kingdom Hearts one sounds brilliant - over the shoulder action style, great worlds and characters to draw on.
    Last edited by mmocccd4d485ac; 2015-06-05 at 03:11 PM.

A MOBA co-produced by SquareEnix and not a single FF character in sight? Such a massive opportunity and they blew it.