Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Horde Elemental Shaman Race Question

So I know blizzard tried to "balance" the racial's in WOD to essentially make them something that you don't even think about with your class because there all even. I really don't believe that's the case currently but i'm to lazy to do the theory crafting behind the racial's and to much of a skeptic to believe half the shit i read from icy veins about this. Anyway's MMO I was hoping you could help me out before I spend $25.00 on something that's probably a waste of money. I'm considering changing from Goblin to Orc based on the racial and its impact on dps in a raid

Whats the best Horde Elemental Shaman race for raiding? And Why?

Orc =345 Spell Power on a 2 minute GCD,
    1% Increased damage done by pets. Does this include Fire Elemental, and Storm Elemental. Does it scale with Primal Elementalist if taken?

Pandaren = Food buff awards double (so additional 125 Mutli). This could scale higher if new food is brought out in future patches.

Troll = 15% Haste for 10 Sec on a 3 min GCD

Goblin = 1% increased haste
    Rocket jump has proved useful for mobility fights.

If the stat weights on askmrrobot are right then. But feel free to let me know if there wrong.

Int =1.0
    SP =0.91
    Multi =0.66
    Haste =0.5
    Crit =0.44
    Mast =0.42
    Vers =0.38

Thank you.

Tigershrimp
    Guild: SG
    Realm: Bleeding Hallow - US

10+ Year Old Account
    There's practically no difference in DPS between the racials.

Those stat weightings differ for my gear. Also very dependent on the fight you're simming. I often find Vers is pulling ahead of mastery single target and the gap widens for AoE. Crit is worth the most for flat out AoE. Stat weightings are a controversial subject because everyone will find something different based on their gear and how they sim (What style of fight, ect)

I personally base most of my calcs around

Int=1
    Multi .75
    Haste .6
    Crit .55
    Vers .5
    Mastery .45

Bear in mind, these are an average of around 8 different sims with a mix of fight lengths/types. They're also generated from my gear and itemisation (701, 90% BiS)

Actual results may vary for you.

Deleted
    You forgot tauren with the 1% crit dmg.

Deleted
    Last time I simmed, the most beneficial racial is the tauren one, because its the one that works the best with any talent choices you make. Where as the orc racial works well with Elemental Mastery talent, if used on cd.

Deleted
    Read the Elemental guide on this forum http://forums.summonstone.com/forums/shaman.12/

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    You forgot tauren with the 1% crit dmg.
    I'm sure it was 2%

Since the dps is really neglectable i'd just go with goblin because you have the goblin jump + dps racial.

Appearance is the most important factor between races these days.

Use wowhead to view shaman tier sets on various race's 3d models.

Great way to see how you would look like as a certain race, as well as the animations.

Personally orcs look great, taurens and pandaren look good - and the trolls look awfully bad, with those very long arms and hunched backs (female trolls tiny shoulders while overly tall).