Mythic Operator Thogar

Hey guys, got a couple of questions regarding mythic Operator Thogar fight.
    For the first Killing Spree, should I use it as soon as possible or should I build up deep insight for the first set of adds before KS?
    When should I second pot?
    Should I be holding off my CDs till Man-at-Arms packs in order to maximise my DPS?
    Thanks!

Deleted
    If you want to pad then yeah just line up deep and all cds with adds and 2nd pot when you get something juicy like ar into deep with ks up on a big add wave. try ksing on pull and see hopw it lines up without too many 4piece proccs but it is probably worth saving it if you can line deep with the first add aves which is very easily doable. Dependant on strat if you dont split up and just kill 1 side at a time save cd's for 2nd wave because everyone uses all their aoe then rather than the 2nd set of adds. But if you actually want to do big boss damage just play sub. You do good damage on man at arms ect and gain so much from foking the add waves.

You can use Adrenaline Rush on the pull to get into deep insight right as the first pack shows up.

Then use KS (our best burst) on the group and cleave off the Man-at-arms until dead.

While good for personal DPS, it also burns down the pack quite quickly, and I've found this to be a successful approach off the pull.

I usually use second Pot for the second man-at-arms to burn him down (and the adds that come with him).

I normally don't hold CD's as either KS or AD is up for the packs or comes up shortly after they arrive. If they the adds are about to come, then yes, I will hold them for a short time to ensure I get the full benefit on AOE.

The whole fight is one long predictable sequence so you can time everything to your liking.
    Last edited by Zzaj; 2015-05-21 at 09:37 PM.

Deleted
    This best way to do good DPS on this fight is have your guildies die so you can whore the adds more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflmaoaos View Post
    This best way to do good DPS on this fight is have your guildies die so you can whore the adds more
    Pretty much this.

Need your Fire Mages dead? Have your Priest grip them into trains.

If you are looking to big dick the meters, then hold everything for that first pack of adds. By the time the adds come out, you should have Deep Insight up by then, BF on, Kromog Trinket, KS into AR and gg.

But if you are on progression, I would advise you to play Sub until farm at least.

2nd pot, I hold onto for Lust which is when the last train split comes for us. Lust+Pot and whatever else I have up by that time. Usually KS and then AR coming up soon.

So is it advisable to use Kromog trinket over Blackhand trinket for this fight? I have access to both.
    Looking at WCL, I see most of the rogues using Dragonspine & Kromog Trinket.
    Also, looking at the top WCL rankings for mythic operator, the rogues are using double Mark of Frostwolf enchants.
    I was wondering if double Frostwolf is better than double Warsong if I wish to maximise my DPS on this fight.
    Another thing I was wondering if its advisable to weapon swipe to fast/slow for the packs, due to reset of auto-attack damage when doing weapon swipe and that I'm not sure if the extra poison damage will offset the lower KS and BF damage when using fast/slow.
    Last edited by sk8jack; 2015-05-22 at 01:17 PM.

Deleted
    Ms is better for cleave in high add situations than haste, haste gives combat single target. But if you want to gain single target on an aoe fight you just play sub. Dont do a Killars.

Still is it even worth it to swap to fast/slow when adds come?
    Since they die pretty quick I'm not sure if the increased Instant Poison damage will offset the dps lost from auto-attack reset and lower KS damage from dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewlol View Post
    Ms is better for cleave in high add situations than haste, haste gives combat single target. But if you want to gain single target on an aoe fight you just play sub. Dont do a Killars.
    I lol'd. Killars best rogue 0k..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8jack View Post
    Still is it even worth it to swap to fast/slow when adds come?
    Since they die pretty quick I'm not sure if the increased Instant Poison damage will offset the dps lost from auto-attack reset and lower KS damage from dagger.
    I have it from a very reliable source that it is no longer worth to swap to a fast MH because you lose too much damage from agi scaling and 4set eviscerates.
    And Suthix just because he is a god doesn't make him omnipotent. Sometimes even gods can be wrong.
    Last edited by mmocd281d143b8; 2015-05-24 at 01:44 PM.

It would be really useful if you could quote or link this reliable source of yours or at least explain what has "agi scaling and 4set eviscerates" do with it. Last results I've seen on the matter suggested that it depends simply on whether the damage gained offsets the damage lost from swing timer reset and associated things, so it depends just on how long the add packs live.
    End result is likely the same though since the adds on Operator tend to be short-lived I would advise against weapon swapping unless you know that there will be pack that consistetly stays alive for a while(something 15 sec for the Small ones and 8-10 sec for the large ones).
    Regarding the question of when to pot, I would recommend one of the 3 moments - 1st split, 2nd split or the Man-at-Arms pack right after the second split, depending on what does your guild have trouble to kill in time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaryen View Post
    It would be really useful if you could quote or link this reliable source of yours or at least explain what has "agi scaling and 4set eviscerates" do with it. Last results I've seen on the matter suggested that it depends simply on whether the damage gained offsets the damage lost from swing timer reset and associated things, so it depends just on how long the add packs live.
    End result is likely the same though since the adds on Operator tend to be short-lived I would advise against weapon swapping unless you know that there will be pack that consistetly stays alive for a while(something 15 sec for the Small ones and 8-10 sec for the large ones).
    Regarding the question of when to pot, I would recommend one of the 3 moments - 1st split, 2nd split or the Man-at-Arms pack right after the second split, depending on what does your guild have trouble to kill in time.
    Weapon damage scaling is bigger the higher ilvl you go up so you lose more from the 4set with a dagger than you gain from poisons. This is 100% on maidens as ive done the fight with both many times. If you want rank 1 on padding fights you probably should switch to a dagger for add packs and hope they stay up long enough to make it worth. But that feels like a lot of effort to me. Especially when the difference over the course of the fight for the added amount of micro management is negligible. Dont really play combat ever anymore either just an elitist sub scrub.
    Last edited by mmocd281d143b8; 2015-05-24 at 06:08 PM.