Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Iron Maidens Weakaura

I am curious if anyone has created this type of weak aura.

I need one that tells the distance between me and Enforcer Sorka.
    I need a second one that tells the distance between me and Marak the Blooded.

My thoughts was to use Sniper Training mastery to it's fullest on mythic. Since, both their abilities only work out to 45 yards. In theory if I can get enough mastery, I can stand at about 46-50 yards from them on the platform.

Deleted
    I have something along these lines, I'll provide it tonight

I am more confused why this matters. Sure it would allow you personally to never get blood ritual.. which doesn't matter because you are a hunter and once you get blood ritual you get it every time till a boat phase which means once you move a little for the positioning of it for the tank and sit there till a boat phase.

Also blade dash won't matter since after 4 seconds on the pull blade dash will pick the same person from then till the boss dies.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am i missing something in the strategy that says you are supposed to move back and forth between the two to cause the debuff to be knocked off? And that weakaura isn't just for me. In theory.. there is more then just hunters in my raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Am i missing something in the strategy that says you are supposed to move back and forth between the two to cause the debuff to be knocked off? And that weakaura isn't just for me. In theory.. there is more then just hunters in my raid.
    Have the whole raid stack in a corner of the room, leave 1 Warlock on the other corner, let Blade Dash go to said Warlock. Profit? That Warlock will always be away from the raid since Tornadoes will always go to him and if you move the boss close to the warlock a couple seconds before the dash the tornado lines will be very very small and you pretty much forget about the ability forever.

for Blood Ritual Jellos couldn't made it easier... If it's on you move to X spot and sit there until boat phase, Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    No. Once 1 person has blade dash(generally a warlock or hunter) blade dash will pick them all fight even if you are right next to sorka. So outside like the first 5 seconds on pull when you need to be 45yards from sorka thats it.

Marak it doesn't even matter. Whoever gets blood ritual will get it over and over until a boat phase.

You need a special library addon to allow your client to use the code to get distance information. If you ever disable it, this hypothetical weakaura it will throw errors, and if you ever send it to someone without the library, it won't work. Even if it did matter I would avoid coding for distance to mobs.

Distance to players in your group is a different story, which is why dbm/others can do it without issue.