View Poll Results: [Economics] How much do you spend on Home Entertainment a Month?

Voters
75. This poll is closed
  • Under 100$ a Month

41 54.67%
  • Under 150$ a Month

5 6.67%
  • Under 200$ a Month

12 16.00%
  • 0 or next to nothing on Home Entertainament

17 22.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    3-400 a month depending on what you count as entertainment.

I go to music and art shows. Buy video games and movies. The usual TV subs. I eat out all the time.

No cable. Dropped it 5 years ago and never looked back.

I rent and don't have a car. I just walk everywhere.
    Just curious to how you can count going to music and art shows and eating out as home entertainment.

I'm dumb and didn't process the home part.

Explains why the numbers were so low.

IGNORE ME.

$170 Verizon Fios Cable/Internet(/Phone). That's with taxes and fees and the 4 cable boxes. I don't have subscriptions to Netflix or whatever the fuck else.

Not sure if I should count my phone plan since that has data too. Idk what we pay for that though. I could look it up if you were really interested. It's Verizon service, unlimited talk/text and 6 GB data shared between 3 devices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    May I ask why are you guys paying hundreds of dollars for cable?!
    Monopoly or at best duopoly for cable TV and internet service. Does awesome things to the prices.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Monopoly or at best duopoly for cable TV and internet service. Does awesome things to the prices.
    Yeah, but do you value cable TV that high? I mean, if cable TV + internet costs 200 dollars and your monthly rent to a cheap apartment is something around 400-500 dollars.... how do you justify paying that? I can't justify that. Cable TV for the same price 50% of housing expenses, that's ridiculous.

200 dollars for cable+internet is way too much, it's like paying 200 dollars for a bread. Fuck that. If bread costs 200 dollars, I won't eat bread.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

internet + netflix + wow sub + EQ sub = about 100 a month, maybe a tiny bit over.

I split a $75 internet/basic cable package with my roommate, then $9 for Netflix. I guess Steam purchases might equal out to about $10/month. So ~$60 for me personally?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yeah, but do you value cable TV that high? I mean, if cable TV + internet costs 200 dollars and your monthly rent to a cheap apartment is something around 400-500 dollars.... how do you justify paying that? I can't justify that. Cable TV for the same price 50% of housing expenses, that's ridiculous.

200 dollars for cable+internet is way too much, it's like paying 200 dollars for a bread. Fuck that. If bread costs 200 dollars, I won't eat bread.
    If I could find an apartment around here for 400-500 a month, I'd move and rent out my house in a heartbeat. A 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom in the apartment complex up the street from me is 1600 a month, utilities not included. So happy I bought my home before the real estate market did it's grow burst bubble cycle...tho it seems like the prices simply stayed up around here. Good for my equity, bad for my property tax reassessment.
    Love people, not things; use things, not people.
    ― Spencer W. Kimball

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hum...

24€ a month for 50/50 mb internet and 10€ a month for Spotify Premium... That's about it.

Luckily we're getting an optic fiber connection for our apartment complex sometime this year so we'll be getting like 300mb/s connection for around 12€ a month.

I buy stuff from Steam and games in general so rarely that it's not really worth counting in :P
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2015-05-22 at 08:46 AM.

Where's an over $200/month option? You got this thing skewed towards poor/stingy people.

10+ Year Old Account
    about 12$ on the internet
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by tcfoo View Post
    I have a choice of ONE provider for high-speed internet access where I live. One cable company, no FiOS available, etc...Asinine and annoying if you asked me for living dead in the center of the most populated state in the union (NJ).
    Uhmm you're far from it pal, us Cali folk are the most populated, followed by good ole Texas, then NY.

It depends on what games are released on wii u, ps4 and pc. The base is $70 for 100/35 fiber and we havent had cable tv for along time because we watch movies/tv shows online.

Close to nothing on average. Most of the things are paid for by someone else. And I'm a full time working adult living by myself
    Feeling like I found a good situation to be in for the time being.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

0 - internet is free where I live, don't even own a TV any more.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Around 40 € for Internet, phone (video on demand inclusive) etc and 5€ for Netflix.
    USA seems crazy expensive regarding that kind of stuff. How do you actually survive :O

Deleted
    Depends what you mean about "home entertainment".

My TV (all cable channels) + Internet (180 down / 100 up) comes to just under £50 PM but if you include things like gaming, hardware costs, movie rentals, netflix, prime etc it'd come to comfortably over a few hundred per month.

Deleted
    £29/mo for internet, tivo, phone, netflix
    £XXXX/mo on booze and snacks

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    104.57 charter internet and cable
    15$ wow
    10$ netflix
    and playstation plus think its 4$

under 100 sometimes, 0 others.
    Unless internet and electric bill counts :P

Im easy to entertain, the internet itself provides endless amount of reading and learning, plus easy access to TV/games.
    Cant really fathom what would I use more than a 100 per month on.

Most of my money goes into food/drinks and various apparatus involved in its preparation.