Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would drop the 1TB drive, switch from the Seasonic 550 Gold to an XFX (Made by seasonic) 550 bronze, and pick up an SSD. You'll love your system so much more with an SSD, and it doesn't take long to save up $50 for the 1TB drive down the road.. and a LOT easier to just add a storage drive, than to add an OS drive.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Currently, not possible. Even $5000 machines will dip below 30 FPS in Mythic raiding on Ultra.
    Slightly off topic, but still relevant information since the OP primarily plays WoW and some are out of the loop.

Three major performance/graphical changes happened in the time frame of the final patch of MoP and the first major patch of WoD.

First, a pretty major code cleanup that can be read about in a blue post here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...602?page=9#163 , and while they claimed the fixes should only impact the input lag issue occurring at that time, there were numerous reports that overall game performance (fps) in raids improved almost immediately after the changes. Most gains weren't astronomically huge, but were still noticeable.

Then, when the systems patch for WoD rolled out, they implemented the fabled stat squish they had originally talked about potentially doing for MoP: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/388...aria-11-4-2011 , effectively reducing the raw amount of numerical computation that needs to occur simply because the numbers aren't nearly as big. Again, real world effect was noticeable but not huge.

Most recently, with the latest patch they revamped some of the graphical options and added a much more significant array of anti-aliasing options, found here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/179...ting-2-12-2015 , some of which used to exist in the game previously but were removed with WoD launch, and some of which were brand new to the game. Obviously for the sake of performance most people don't run AA at max settings, but the limited options that existed with WoD launch, and possibly even back in MoP, most people ran at a mid range setting which no longer existed or wasn't efficient. Once this released there was a good amount of feedback that people were capable of mixing and matching what their hardware could handle, and sustain appropriate fps, without having to turn it off completely. They also did some other graphical changes in that article, but that mostly just impacted visual fidelity and if anything, potentially lowered overall performance for increased quality.

Though each change independently only yielded minor performance increases, combined it was enough to stabilize the hectic fps drops in the 20+ person raiding environment, assuming you had a PC that only struggled in that environment. However for people running on toasters like me, the increase was noticeable but effectively negligible, because going from 7 fps to 15 fps is still the worst raiding experience ever, even though it was a >100% increase in performance.

TL;DR: WoW Ultra 1080p 60fps+ while raiding Mythic should be an achievable goal with current hardware. The lowest end I would imagine achievable in the current market would probably be a 4690k (most likely OC'd to at least 4GHz) or higher with a 960 or higher GPU.

OP: Per my TL;DR, just about any of these builds posted should do you well, WoW or otherwise.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Wxh7FT

This is my final build as I expanded my budget a little.

I'll add an 1TB hard drive down the road in a few months.

I have the wrong CPU in there. It's suppose to be the 4790k i5

Deleted
    You want to change the gpu too don't get the "itx" one, i think you also meant for cpu i5 4690k?
    The following is better and cheaper while including the 1tb hdd.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 87.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($106.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($97.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.67 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($92.91 @ Mwave)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $934.51
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-26 13:58 EDT-0400