Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cops Who Flash Banged Infant’s Crib Are Blaming the Baby (GGT)

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/cops-...he-baby_052015

Nearly a year has passed since a Habersham County SWAT team stormed into the Phonesavanh residence, and very nearly killed their 19 month old child. The no-knock raid was prompted by an anonymous tip which suggested there were drugs in the house. As the officers forced their way into the home, they lobbed a flash grenade which wound up landing in the crib where baby “bou-bou” was sleeping. As it erupted, the infant suffered severe burns and had to be taken to the hospital, and placed in a medically induced coma.

To any sane person, the sheriff’s department would be responsible for the damage inflicted on this child. Not only were there no drugs in the house, but the suspect they were looking for was found elsewhere. And despite their claims that they had the house under surveillance for two days prior to the raid, somehow they had no idea that there were children who lived there.
    The act of sleeping in a room about to be breached by a SWAT team constituted “criminal” conduct on the part of the infant. At the very least, the infant was fully liable for the nearly fatal injuries inflicted on him when Habersham County Sheriff’s Deputy Charles Long blindly heaved a flash-bang grenade – a “destructive device,” as described by the ATF, that when detonated burns at 2,000-3,500 degrees Fahrenheit – into the crib.

Merely by being in that room, Bou-Bou had assumed the risk of coming under attack by a SWAT team. By impeding the trajectory of that grenade, rather than fleeing from his crib, Bou-Bou failed to “avoid the consequences” of that attack.

In any case, Bou-Bou, along with his parents and his siblings, are fully and exclusively to blame for the injuries that nearly killed the child and left the family with more than one million dollars in medical bills. The SWAT team that invaded the home in Cornelia, Georgia on the basis of a bogus anonymous tip that a $50 drug transaction had occurred there is legally blameless.

This is the defense presented by Haberham County Sheriff Joey Terrell and his comrades in their reply to a federal lawsuit filed last February on behalf of Bou-Bou Phonesavanh and his family.

- See more at: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/cops-....coT6QPDP.dpuf
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...ing-drug-raid/

A Georgia toddler has been put into a medically induced coma after he was badly burned by a police "flash bang" grenade that landed in the crib where the boy was sleeping during a drug raid, his mother told ABC News today.

The raid occurred before dawn Wednesday night in Habersham County while the Phonesavanh family was sleeping.

"It was a big flash, a loud bang, a bunch of yelling, and my son screaming," the boy's mom, Alecia Phonesavanh, 27, told ABC News.

"Two of my other girls were next to my husband. There was a member of the SWAT team pinning him down, another man had my son who was screaming and crying," Phonesavanh said.

"At that time I didn't see his playpen, but I kept telling him to 'Please just give him to me,'" Phonesavanh said of 19-month-old son Bounkham. "'He's just scared.'"
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2015-05-22 at 12:22 AM.

And despite their claims that they had the house under surveillance for two days prior to the raid, somehow they had no idea that there were children who lived there.
    Aside from this line, is there anything else that suggests they blamed the baby? Because this just sounds kind of ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Aside from this line, is there anything else that suggests they blamed the baby? Because this just sounds kind of ridiculous.
    The act of sleeping in a room about to be breached by a SWAT team constituted “criminal” conduct on the part of the infant. At the very least, the infant was fully liable for the nearly fatal injuries inflicted on him when Habersham County Sheriff’s Deputy Charles Long blindly heaved a flash-bang grenade – a “destructive device,” as described by the ATF, that when detonated burns at 2,000-3,500 degrees Fahrenheit – into the crib.

Merely by being in that room, Bou-Bou had assumed the risk of coming under attack by a SWAT team. By impeding the trajectory of that grenade, rather than fleeing from his crib, Bou-Bou failed to “avoid the consequences” of that attack.

In any case, Bou-Bou, along with his parents and his siblings, are fully and exclusively to blame for the injuries that nearly killed the child and left the family with more than one million dollars in medical bills. The SWAT team that invaded the home in Cornelia, Georgia on the basis of a bogus anonymous tip that a $50 drug transaction had occurred there is legally blameless.

This is the defense presented by Haberham County Sheriff Joey Terrell and his comrades in their reply to a federal lawsuit filed last February on behalf of Bou-Bou Phonesavanh and his family.
    taken from the first link though I had it in OP my bad.

Edit: Beaten to it.

Absolutely insane that sleeping somewhere about to get attacked by SWAT is considered a criminal activity. How does one sleep in a criminal manner?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Whoever...uhm..."translated" that affidavit for them is a moron. It says nothing of the sort.

This thread is on a fuckin express ticket to Bullshitton because nobody is going to read beyond the terrible article.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2015-05-22 at 12:30 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    taken from the first link though I had it in OP my bad.
    I had to check to make sure that quote is not just some satire thrown in by the website to poke fun at incompetent cops, but it seems like their actual excuse.

Yeah, that's a load of crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is The Daily Sheeple a reliable news source?

No offence to the Welsh, but it's a bit of a shitty name for a serious news site.

10+ Year Old Account
    What criminal act did the baby perform? Shoplift from a gas station?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

No offence to the Welsh, but it's a bit of a shitty name for a serious news site.
    It makes for a funny title though.
    A nice click bait one, but still.

Oh, it's fine when Greymane does it though, we love Greymane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

Good point, the story is so outrageous it almost has to be bait.

Screw up massively? Blame whoever you screwed over.

Standard police procedure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd blame babies, I mean why not, have you seen some of these babies now, so disrespectful, back in my day, at 6months old we took responsibility for our own actions and had a full time job.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, reading the actual response, the police basically are saying its all the family's fault and the police did nothing to cause the injury. Also, why in the hell are RESERVE officers on the SWAT team??????

The daily sheeple...... yeah totally legit guys.

15+ Year Old Account
    In other related news, I am making Apepi's Swat Protected Cribs! They are selling like a bang! Hurry up or they will be out in a flash! For only 150$!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The only criminal act here is calling your baby "Bou-bou".
    Should've used a HE instead of a sizzler.

why the fuck is the kid named bou-bou???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    In other related news, I am making Apepi's Swat Protected Cribs! They are selling like a bang! Hurry up or they will be out in a flash! For only 150$!
    I'll buy ten!

They need to be crucified for their response.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymack View Post
    What criminal act did the baby perform? Shoplift from a gas station?
    Grand larceny, treason, and sedition.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.