Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Nor the context. Is the kid trouble? Has he had suspensions in the past? Do they have an issue at the school with kids intending to hurt each other?

People don't want to make informed decisions though, they just want to kneejerk at their latest excuse to be Super Outraged and It Just Goes to Show You etc etc fart fart fart.
    Too hard to think. Gotta punish him and then give kids all sort of objects to stab each other while screaming "It's not the same!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    You sound Super Outraged. It Just Goes to Show You.
    Nope, amused would be a more fitting term for my current mood.

As a German it's hilarious to read some of the crap you Americans have to put up with.
    Logical thinking seems to get rarer by the day over there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post
    I had a hard time getting over the cringe-worthy writing.
    /shrug

I think this is pretty dumb. We had a local kid get suspended for bringing a toy that shot foam discs - something like this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1153_.jpg

I...just don't get how a kid bringing a non-harmful toy is cause for any concern. What do the kids do for fun nowadays? I remember all the nerf gun fights I had as a kid.
    I had nerf and water guns as a kid. We just weren't allowed to bring them to school.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Title needs to be updated to:

"New Jersey Kid gets suspended over bringing an improvised weapon to school."
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Nope, amused would be a more fitting term for my current mood.

As a German it's hilarious to read some of the crap you Americans have to put up with.
    Logical thinking seems to get rarer by the day over there.
    You know you could, oh I don't know, not knee-jerk to conclusions? I know it would be a big scary world if we didn't form an ignorant opinion about every little thing and instead be ok with just knowing we don't know enough to reach a conclusion on a whole lot of things.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    its a nerf gun.....

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    its a nerf gun.....
    Correction. It's a single bullet. No gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people running our school system are inbred jackasses. Glad I grew up in the 80s/90s getting my ass whooped in school. Grew up to have some common sense. People educating our children are mental retards who give out participation trophies and suspend kids for stupid, non-issue shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post
    I had a hard time getting over the cringe-worthy writing.
    /shrug

I think this is pretty dumb. We had a local kid get suspended for bringing a toy that shot foam discs - something like this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1153_.jpg

I...just don't get how a kid bringing a non-harmful toy is cause for any concern. What do the kids do for fun nowadays? I remember all the nerf gun fights I had as a kid.
    But that thing can spin so fast it'll slice someones throat off!