Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Show Me Your Moves! is apparently bugged at the moment?

Just to heed a warning to fellow Glory hunters with this specific achievement left;

Today I was in a group of 10 people for several hours finding and filling people to get this achievement done. We had wiped several times and eventually had a good enough team where we all managed to execute a smash on the same boss during the same dance.
    Our RaidAchievement addons and achievement trackers all told us that we were eligible, as well as us all witnessing and confirming that no one missed it, so we went ahead and killed the boss.
    AAAAAAND didn't get the achievement. We were all like that's strange and some people passed it off as we must have screwed something up but some of us weren't so sure so we sent in tickets.

A GM just contacted me and we had a chat, turns out that currently there are raids reporting that the same thing has happened and they did not receive credit despite executing correctly.
    The reason why this is bugging is that there seems to be an issue where if you wipe for attempts before hand your final and successful attempt will not be credited correctly and you won't get it. There might also be other aspects but this is all the GMs have noticed as being a trend. The room also bugged for us and adds kept spawning from the walls.
    So I gave him all the info from the raid, our wipes and etcetc, then asked what happens now? Do I get credit for the achievement now or do I get credit when they realise it's a known bug? (because who really wants to go through LFG for god knows how many more hours trying to get people to do the achievement)
    The response was that even if they figure out its a bug the logs are too hard for them to look at to confirm it (even though I have several screenshots of addon confirmation that we executed it) so I probably will never receive credit and I'll have to spend several more nightmarish hours trying to get this achievement done!

So if you were planning on getting this achievement done, either hold off until they fix what's wrong, or get the best damn group you can and do it on the first attempt (wish you luck with that!).
    Otherwise you run the risk of spending hours trying to do it only to have them wasted!
    Last edited by TacoCatt; 2015-05-26 at 01:09 AM.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

thanks for the heads up on this, I was going to do some achievements over the weekend and it looks like this one will be off my groups list

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    At 100, is it really that hard? I can solo the boss but the achievement didn't work for me so I assumed that you need a full 10 man team.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    At 100, is it really that hard? I can solo the boss but the achievement didn't work for me so I assumed that you need a full 10 man team.
    You do need a full 10 men team at the moment. I believe they're gonna chance it in the future since the same happened with Holding Hands in Dragon Soul.
    Still a very obnoxious achievement. Seems we get one per expansion, this one's being Blackhand's.

At 100, is it really that hard?
    Sadly, having a few more levels doesn't make you any better at dancing. Just makes it easier to keep trying without wiping until the berserk happens. The hard part always was (and for the foreseeable future will be) finding 9 other people capable of doing the dance.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to have the 10.

IMHO it *is* marginally easier at 100, in that your healers are a lot less taxed now than they were at 90. Back when we did it before, the healers missed most often because they were busy dealing with heals + dancing, whereas dps/tank only had to pay attention to moving.

That said, I do hope they lower the required number. It wasn't fun doing it with 10, and honestly I am not one of those people who thinks that if I did it the hard way then everyone else should to. It was a dumb achievement IMHO that was too sensitive, especially to even a fraction of a moment's latency for a single player.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    You have to have the 10.
    That's the current bug, at the start of 6.0 it did not require 10 players.

When our raid was bored with SoO in October, after the WoD pre-patch, we went into MoguShan and spent quite a lot of time to learn how to dance, and when we finally executed everything properly (all 10 people reported striking at the needed moment, and addons confirmed, as did recount), we, too, didn't get the achievement. We wrote many tickets at once, and I even suggested that GM watch us do it in real time, but they refused to do anything. Plus the comments on wowhead at that time suggested it still required full raid to do so.

It seems Blizzard hasn't bothered to fix this, which is more than disappointing.

a bit off topic, but was this a captain falcon reference?

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Same luck here.

We did it with a group of 10. Achievement tracker said we got it but when we killed it, no achievement...

Found this thread a few hours late unfortunately.

Did with a group of 10 as well (Patch 6.1.2) , everything lit up, but no achievement either.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    It's a reference to dancing.

I honestly think they should just make all old achievements that require a full raid doable with at least 3 people. Or solo (many of them can be completed solo in fact).

Kind of answered your own question there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trindale View Post
    Same luck here.

We did it with a group of 10. Achievement tracker said we got it but when we killed it, no achievement...
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Found this thread a few hours late unfortunately.

Did with a group of 10 as well (Patch 6.1.2) , everything lit up, but no achievement either.
    Had you guys wiped on WoTE beforehand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted

u need 10 people to do this ach...

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post

I think it should be renamed anyhow to "So, you think you can dance?!"

Is there any addon that helps with this achiev?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    Is there any addon that helps with this achiev?
    Achievement tracking and extra button macros aside, there really isn't any addons to help trivialize this achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Helped a friend to get it, no first try. Actually they wiped for like 2 hours till I decided to help and even than it took 5+ more tries.

The dude said it was happening with some groups. Not all. I've seen a few people get it and a few people say they had the same problem with it saying it was complete but then not registering.
    We must just be the unlucky ones
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    The hardest part of this achievement is finding 9 competent people. I got this achievement back in 5.4 and I can honestly say it was the worst time ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalia View Post
    That's the current bug, at the start of 6.0 it did not require 10 players.
    it ALWAYS required 10 players