Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Not at all. The urge to kill people who cause you significant emotional distress is a completely natural and normal response for a human being. You'd be weird if you didn't want to kill a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Or just stop hanging out at Reddit, it is a worthless place anyway.
    Reddit isn't worthless. You might think that, but there are plenty of subreddits that help people.

OT: Honestly, you just need to stop being so angry at words. Words cannot hurt you.

If you want to kill someone, seek help from someone immediately. Doesn't have to be a therapist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    therapy? No.

Motivation? DO IT DO IT DO IT!
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, reddit is full of asshats and manchildren.

If you're on reddit you have bigger problems then wanting to kill someone.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Mostly co-nationals of mine on my countries subreddit. I wouldn't mind serving 20-30+ years since I can get 1/2 off for good behaviour, but at least it will strike fear when posting "anonymous" on reddit.
    Just ask yourself - there are 7 billion people on the planet - there are millions of complete idiots among them. Now you kill 1-2 of them. Would that make a difference? Even if you killed 1 million idiots - 15 years later there would be 1 million more...

So the only solution is to grow a thick skin, avoid parts of the internets with a high density of idiots and just ignore them. Killing wouldn't solve anything. Not for you, not for the situation or them. You would scare some for a few days and then they will forget bout the massacer and continue what they do.

I just wanted to show you the situation aside from the law and moral perspective. You just can't win the fight against stupid. You can try and train your sarcasm. It's fun.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

First of all, you should ask yourself why you would go to an internet forum that has a high chance each time you use it to make you extremely angry. Considering you seem to be quite alone, I would guess you do it for a similar reason I used to play games excessively (even though I was already quite bored by them): distracting yourself. Distracting yourself from the emotional pain that comes from having unfulfilled social needs, which are inherent to every human being. If you're intelligent/intellectual or just different in any way from ordinary people, it can be very difficult to find similar people like yourself who fulfil your emotional demands. If that unfulfilment remains unchecked, at some point in your life you just start to distract yourself in order to keep your emotional pain in check (suppression). Since there's lots of people out there (including my past self) who aren't really in touch with their emotions because of bad past experiences or circumstances and thus usually also have bad social skills, distraction becomes the only option to get along with yourself. I'm speculating here, but I suppose you can also learn to distract yourself from loneliness by anger. Might be a reason why sensationalist media are that successful these days - I get the feeling from many people in the comments sections of online newspapers that they actually want to be angry/annoyed/etc.

If you don't vent your anger (don't know how to or don't allow you to do so because of suppression), anger will persist and you'll experience it everytime you get consciously or subconsciously remembered of the incident that triggered your anger. And it gets more and more. Until you wish your enemy the worst unimaginable death.

It is pretty normal to wish death upon somebody, as we're conditioned to remove the source of our unhappiness. However, unhappiness (anger in this case) always comes from yourself. It is just triggered by the other person. If somebody insults you, in the end it is you who's reacting to the insult (I know, it is extremely difficult to not react on personal attacks). And the same way it just takes yourself to remove the anger.

So what to do to become less angry? You said you like to write online because you're able to express more of yourself. So you already know a lot of yourself. Let's take this to a less public place, where you can write everything you want without anybody except yourself reading it. Take a piece of paper or a diary (no, this is not just for teenage girls: Sigmund Freud kept a diary as well) and write what you want to say or do to these people who made you that angry. Think of the incidents that made you angry and let your anger dictate your words. No need to be peaceful on paper. For removing the worst of anger, good old screaming into a pillow works wonders as well (even that can be difficult in the beginning!).

And I'll tell you. You don't belong to the sort of people who would want to be alone forever. I can't imagine anybody who truly want's that. You're considering therapy, so atleast you consider you might need help. That's already a lot, as it means you're atleast self-conscious. There's many people who don't have that ability. So they don't realise they're standing in the way of their own happiness.

Oh and... what others already said: Meet up with other people, you need to build a social network around you. If possible, deepening your relationship with your family is something I recommend as well. It takes some work, but do you really want to stay in the state you currently are?

And now... good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not appropriate, and I recommend against broadcasting your homicidal desires.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |