Thread: 3 month break.

Deleted

3 month break.

Hi so i have this dilemma. i recenty came back after a break and thought i would start out fresh with a new class mostly for fun. the problem is with redoing the hole legendary stuff their dont seem like any reason for a guild to take me in when i already have a mage with the latest quests with the chain. the reasone for my break was becuse my old guild dispanded. now i could go back to my mage but i know for sure that wouldent be as fun. so dilemma being should i play mage and have less fun. or gear up a new character have more fun but having a harder time to raid with a guild. i realy wanna play the new raid when it comes.

in the end its up to me and i know that. but thought some insight frome others could help. thanks ^.^

ps:sorry for bad spelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though parts of 6.2 are already on the background downloader, you could probably still get reasonably caught up with the legendary ring in the interim because it could still potentially be a while. You mention the Mage being on the latest quest, do you have like the 690 ring or the 715 ring?

I ask because after you complete the various steps of the process on one character all of your other characters get a slight boost to drops for that section of the quest. So if you have completed the 690 ring on the Mage then you will get extra Abrogator Stones on your new character and if you have the 715 ring then you will get extra Elemental Runes on your new character.

The boost is slight (like 4 extra stones/runes), but it adds up and shaves a little time off of the collection process, plus you could always get lucky with RNG... Some people got their 715 rings like right after 6.2 dropped just because of absurd RNG giving them 27 elemental runes on every boss...
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2015-05-22 at 03:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would the ring be the deciding factor for guilds to accept you? I haven't heard anyone talking about the ring on recruitments. Also with the ring being behind a quest we all know that sooner or later you will finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Why would the ring be the deciding factor for guilds to accept you? I haven't heard anyone talking about the ring on recruitments. Also with the ring being behind a quest we all know that sooner or later you will finish it.
    It will probably become a bit more "pressing" with the legendary proc, but I don't think any proper non-hardcore guild will prefer the ring over the player. There's a lot of decent guilds out there that are just missing the numbers and they'll bite your hand off for an invite if you are a decent player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Well in the next patch it is significantly more powerful than it is now, and it is already pretty powerful...

The fully upgraded DPS ring for example gives 43% increased damage... And then explodes for 43% of the damage you deal during that empowerment... On a two minute cooldown...

You wouldn't even almost compete without that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Well in the next patch it is significantly more powerful than it is now, and it is already pretty powerful...
    Yes and in the next patch you probably will be able to get the stones from BRF too, same with the 900 other thingies that will be dropped in HFC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    should i play mage and have less fun. or gear up a new character
    We can't decide that for you. And "what should I play" threads aren't allowed, so expect this one to get locked. You need to make your own decision for yourself. It's not us playing, it's you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    We can't decide that for you. And "what should I play" threads aren't allowed, so expect this one to get locked. You need to make your own decision for yourself. It's not us playing, it's you.
    This.

Closing the thread.