Heroic Blast Furnace Difficulties?

1.) We're wiping on Heroic Blast Furnace with a composition between 15 - 19 players the past two weeks.

2.) Composition will consist of 2 tanks, 4 to 5 healers, 8 to 11 dps

3.) We have been attempting Heroic Blast Furnace for the past two weeks, but have cleared him on Normal numerous times without any hiccups of major note. Most weeks we 1 shot or 2 shot him on Normal, and we've gotten close on Heroic, but are having difficulty.

4.) We're wiping on Phase 2, where we have to get the Primal Elementalist down. Our dps seems to be fine for the first phase, but as soon as Phase 2 starts, we barely get the elementalists down within the timer before the shield reactivates, and then scramble to clean up adds in a timely manner. We usually have to lead 4 - 5 adds up just to get the next Slag burned down to kill the elementalist again. We get to the third or fourth elementalist and then wipe it up cause we have too many dead due to too many adds or miscellaneous other mechanics like too many fires up or such.

5.) - Here are the logs for our first and closest attempts (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wHt2gC3KGhvRzFPp) with AskMrRobot.com (https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/comba...ic#be=overview

And Here are the logs for our attempts last night which we had higher pug dps, but lacked several of our core members (2 of our top 3 dps were missing).. (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...YrQAgB#fight=9) and AskMrRobot.com (https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/comba...ic#be=overview)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Our dps was SO much lower than it is for any other fight amongst the whole raid, and we have no Idea why... Thank you for your feedback and suggestions in advance!
    GM of <Vis Vires> Stormrage-US
    7/7H, 3/3H, 10/10H, 9/9N, 5/9H
    Buccimage, Buccishammy

A lot of kicks were missed on the firecallers for their heal, and the heal wasn't dispelled quickly after it went up (13.3% max health was healed on an attempt). That will really slow you down by itself.

The DK should probably go Unholy for better AOE damage, especially if your concern is having too many adds up. Personally, I prefer tanking the security guards out of the group, basically right where they drop, so you never have to deal with the shield that can be thrown down on the ground near the firecallers. After we kill two of the elementalists, while swapping over to the next one the group just quickly aoes down the security guards. Overall though, the dps just seems really low. I'm pretty sure Fire is the better spec for this fight as well, simply for the AOE part that it has over Arcane.

I don't think I've ever been able to get the hang of fire honestly. And I'll mention that to the DK. I agree our DPS is low, we were talkin and we came upon the idea that everyone needs to be doing an average of 28-30k. Does that sound about right?
    GM of <Vis Vires> Stormrage-US
    7/7H, 3/3H, 10/10H, 9/9N, 5/9H
    Buccimage, Buccishammy

As for arcane vs fire it depends on what you're having trouble with if you get overwhelmed with adds with your DK going unholy(necroblight) then fire will be better, but if you're lacking single target dps on primal arcane is probably better

p2 is all about controling the adds, between each elementalists you should kill all the firecallers as much as possible

You can have 1 tank on the security guard tanking them away and the other tank stack everything on top of the elementalists and cleave

When firecallers spawns have people interupt/stun them as much as possible that will save healer's mana
    Last edited by nephzor; 2015-05-22 at 08:18 PM.

Tank firecallers on top of elementalists/slags and cleave them, the single biggest change that made this fight a joke for us on H.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Tank firecallers on top of elementalists/slags and cleave them, the single biggest change that made this fight a joke for us on H.
    We leave the firecallers out and stack the security guards on the elementalist. Takes a bit more finesse from your tank but much easier since the firecallers have no affect really in P3 but the security guards do, their shield will protect the boss.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking