Poll: Thoughts?

Thread: New DK T18 Set

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New DK T18 Set

From Wowhead:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=247360/p...-bonus-preview

What do you guys think of the new set? Personally, I love it!

Not quite sure what they were thinking when they made the "helmets" lol

I personally think the gear in general is a great design! although the helmet is very unique for mythic/elite, I might actually like it.... or hate it?

The normal/heroic/conquest/honor helmet reminds me of the lvl 55 gear you start off with, it's actually ok, but like I said the who idea of the armor is great.

Finally a set I like more than Ulduar 8.5, though not as much as Warrior t3. The helm is just like the archimonde cloth drop, very unique for DK. Fel green looks amazing on that tier.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's shit.

Plate Warlock...no thanks.
    Fire the dk art guy and give us the guy that designed the warrior cm gear.
    Last edited by Mil Mascaras; 2015-05-22 at 10:02 PM.

Plate Warlock...no thanks.
    You say that because the helmet isn't "plate" like, I still think the whole design is cool, not complete garbage, give them some credit at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love anything to do with a green theme but those helmets are terrible.

It's fine if you're a female character since transmog rules dictate you hide the helm but on males it looks like crap.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    You say that because the helmet isn't "plate" like, I still think the whole design is cool, not complete garbage, give them some credit at least.

Nope, no credit.

The theme smacks of the warlock cm set, especially the horns.
    Also, i think the helm is more akin to an old mage set?

So yeah, no.
    The colors are a no brainer due to the HFC theme of fel energy.
    The actual designs are misplaced.

The same colors could have looked better with plate that had more of a DK feel to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, gives me a Teron Gorefiend vibe and boy do i love me some Gorefiend. Might actually not tmog my dk CM gear anymore.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

Really like the set. Very legion dk like which is actually a plate warlock. The first dks were literally plate warlocks and the dks we have now originated with Arthas or atleast lich king Ner'zhul.

Love to get a new hood and actually getting the cake here for a set based on Archimonde which I think is pretty damn neat by itself.

It also gives quite some new options which is always welcome just for the diversity of possible looks. The mythic head is also something new to plate gear which is kinda nice and love the shoulders of both versions. Colors are fitting and somewhat expected and likeable.

As much as I love Flash Gordon, the emperor Ming style "helmet" just looks ridiculous, especially when it's hovering in the air.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    What i think?

I think im glad i got LOTS of transmog set laying around, that looks DISGUSTING, looks like questing gear

2/10 shoulders are okay-ish
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

It looks like they just retooled tier 11 and gave it a hood instead of a helm. The LFR sets looks better honestly.

Deleted
    Wowhead model viewer is loading the armor pieces on a bald human male, but without the legplates. A very disturbing image....

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, will actually probably use it. Personally since WoTLK I haven't really enjoyed any DK themed set except for the CM armor in Pandaria. The Blackrock armor is really cool now, but not technically DK themed but I still throw it on from time to time.

While I can't begin to understand why people think it's wrong for DK and Warlock to similar themes, I guess that's their opinion. Personally DK and Warlock are the dark themed classes in the game and it makes sense to me that the design sometimes overlaps.

It looks really good on Orcs, some clipping with the shoulders during some animations, but most of them do anyway on Orcs lol. If you don't like the helmet, you can always hide it, I typically dislike 99% of helmets in the game because not only do they cover up the most detailed part of your characters model, but they typically look really bad, especially on Orcs. This one I might contemplate using because it doesn't cover my entire face. To be perfectly fair the only helms I show on any of my characters are those that don't cover the full face.

I'm actually REALLY annoyed that PvE and PvP share set designs, I mean like really Blizzard?
    Does everything really need to look like the same boring sh*t?
    Not saying I don't like the DK set itself though, it's okay.

Deleted
    blizz have been extremely lazy this tier, everything feels rushed even these sets, its just a recoulored pvp set, nothing flashy for a mythic set

10+ Year Old Account
    7/10 for me.

I personally don’t like armour that is overly ostentatious, and this set is simple, yet detailed. Very solid, but room for improvement for sure.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Helmet and gloves look like absolute dog shit. Everything else is whatever. 4/10 for me.

Also, why does the heroic and normal set look super similar to the mythic one. I thought Mythic was supposed to stand out. I can see the difference but it's horrible. Yay I get full grown horns on my shoulders and belt and the helm is a board behind my head...
    Last edited by Skullbound; 2015-05-23 at 10:35 PM.

I kinda wish they swapped the DK and Lock sets >.>