View Poll Results: Will Blizzard have the capability to pull WoW back on track

Voters
776. This poll is closed
  • Yes of course they can pull themself back!

87 11.21%
  • Yes but only if there is gonna be big changes to their dev team

226 29.12%
  • No, WoW will die out over the course of years.

286 36.86%
  • No, but i wouldn't expect them to after nearly 11 years.

146 18.81%
  • They Don't Need To

31 3.99%
Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you believe Blizzard has the strength to pull WoW back at it's place?

Just as the title goes,

Do you believe Blizzard has still the capablilty and mind set to please the majority of the crowd and reduce the decline by a big amount or to the point where they actually start to gain subs again each quarter.
    Or do you believe WoW will just go on decline from now on (outside expansion releases) and will die out in the course of what 10 years?

Will WoW get dethroned soon? Or will it pull itself up again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

No, I just think they will let the game flow and put effort in new games

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, anythings possible. I put yes, but only with tons of restructuring. It seems like management needs to be slapped at Blizzard. They are horrible at project and time management. Do I think they can gain subs every quarter? No i dont. Do I think they can stay above 7m for years to come? Yes, yes I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    They do it basically every expansion, why would the next be any different?

Deleted
    I think blizzard didnt expected such a success with WoW and currently they are just trying to keep ppl without spending too much resources into it. Back in the days WoW was their only new game. WC3 was going a bit old (dota was actually rly popular but still), D2 and SC was old already but now they have D3, SC2, HS, HotS and Overwatch is coming too. HS can easy generate a lot of money without putting too much resouces into it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    Yes, but they'd have to bring in some new blood. Get Jeff Kaplan, and the "A team" back into WoW, and off overwatch.

Then demote/fire some of the top dev's. I could see WoW getting fixed. If jeff kaplan came back though, I can see alot of thing's getting gutted though RIP 4 raid difficulties and 4 dungeon difficulties.
    You seem to be under the false impression that one person can dictate the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Just as the title goes,

Do you believe Blizzard has still the capablilty and mind set to please the majority of the crowd and reduce the decline by a big amount or to the point where they actually start to gain subs again each quarter.
    Or do you believe WoW will just go on decline from now on (outside expansion releases) and will die out in the course of what 10 years?

Will WoW get dethroned soon? Or will it pull itself up again?
    LOL I just responeded to the title. Continuous growth again, no. Nothing grows forever. Regaining growth is only going to get harder and harder with every year. Tech has changed and new blood is going to want those shinier toys.
    Last edited by gamingmuscle; 2015-05-22 at 06:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Biased thread is biased. They're doing alright as it is; people just don't like change. If it was up to the players, we'd have a Hardcore Vanilla where only certain classes reigned supreme, then realms where non-dedicated players can play and enjoy, then realms where they make stupid changes and rules, and think all of it can be perfectly balanced in one fell swoop because they're too stupid to understand game programming.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

I think they're actually ok with where the game is right now.

The game is over a decade old. I don't think anything at this point can get it back to peak numbers. People move on. Even some of the most dedicated players will find new interests after 10 years. Couple this with the fact that the MMO genre isn't nearly as strong as it used to be, it's hard to bring it back to its former glory. The fact that it has held onto millions of subs after this long is pretty impressive.

Not after the stat squish they don't.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    people just don't like change.
    People like changes just fine when they're good ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on what they've said about the current sub drop, my guess is they're more concerned with a consistent rise and fall in subs than they are with consistent sub growth since it isn't practical at this point in the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    You seem to be under the false impression that one person can dictate the entire game.
    Nah, I'm 90% sure it's pretty much they entire top dev's they got in there right now is what is killing WoW.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Yes, but they'd have to bring in some new blood. Get Jeff Kaplan, and the "A team" back into WoW, and off overwatch.

Then demote/fire some of the top dev's they got right now such as ion hazzikostas, celestalon, holinka, and Tom Chilton. I could see WoW getting fixed. If jeff kaplan came back though, I can see alot of thing's getting gutted though RIP 4 raid difficulties and 4 dungeon difficulties.

Well they gained 3 millions subs the quarter before last, so are you asking can they go back to early WoD days? Probably.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    Nah, I'm 90% sure it's pretty much they entire top dev's they got in there right now is what is killing WoW.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Then demote/fire some of the top dev's they got right now such as ion hazzikostas, celestalon, holinka, and Tom Chilton. I could see WoW getting fixed. If jeff kaplan came back though, I can see alot of thing's getting gutted though RIP 4 raid difficulties and 4 dungeon difficulties.
    You'd be wrong, since the game isn't dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    That changes with almost every expansion

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    You'd be wrong, since the game isn't dying.
    ah nah, they just lost 3 million subs, and if 6.2 is going to be the content that lasts for a entire year. You don't need a prophet to see how many subs that is going too lose.

My bet is 5-6 million towards the end of WoD. Maybe even less.
    Last edited by Haselden; 2015-05-22 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    People like changes just fine when they're good ones.
    Change is hard and that's why a large percentage of the posts on how to fix the game are to go back to this or that. Besides nobody agrees on what "good changes" even means. Your good change may be unwelcome by most people. That's just how it goes. Going back by itself isn't the answer.

Besides fighting the fact that the game is now over ten years old another thing they have to deal with is the great era of huge sandbox MMO's is largely past. It's a lot like real-time strategy games which were huge for a lot of years and now are just a small niche. Trends happen. Games and gamers change. PC-only games aren't anything like the market they used to be.

The only expectations that Blizzard really needs to meet are their own. "Can they come back" is too simplistic and affected by a large number of things outside of their control.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."