Poll: How are you looking at this matter?

Page 2 of 178 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped caring about flying ages ago.

Don't have flying until level cap like it has been in the past. They are argueing a problem that doesn't exist and no one is calling them out on it.

I'm fine without flying in new zones. But it will feel very awkward being able to fly in older zones.

Lvl 01-40 = I can't fly yet!
    Lvl 40-60 = Yay I can fly!
    Lvl 60-70 = Yay I can fly!
    Lvl 70-80 = Yay I can fly!
    Lvl 80-90 = Yay I can fly!
    Lvl 90-100 = I can't fly anymore?
    Lvl 100-110 = I can't fly anymore still?

It just doesn't make sense unless they remove flying from everywhere. Which they can't do really. Due to some areas requiring it, (Unless they add some new terrain and paths), and it just being a serious slap to people who have all of these flying mounts. People will want to use those mounts they've bought/earned. So they'll have to keep current flying zones with flying. But that's just gonna feel wierd.:\

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    It's a two sided coin. Some might have been displeased with this decision. I count myself with those who happily welcome this move.
    Why exactly do you like it though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying was, like Archeology, a part of an expansion. Not really planned to be there forever.

Anyway, if anything has been made obvious the past year, it is that the people who are mad about no flying is the minority. Not just the minority, but I mean really, really minority.
    I'd guess most of them started playing during Cataclysm, too. The mentality makes it seem like that, at least.

This is good news.

If they ever do reimplement flying, it should be at a horribly low speed. Ground mounts at 100-150%, flying at 40-50%.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Well, nice work Blizzard. You just alienated another 30% of your playerbase. Keep it up and in a few months 30% will only be one person.
    I can see the headlines now! WoW population drops to 3 in August 2015.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Guess that seals the deal. Not coming back or buying any more expansions :/
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

I'm wondering why flying was so important to other people. I really couldn't care less.

To a point I could live with it cause tbh the last 3-4 months I've basically spent only in my garrison cause nothing seems interesting anymore. In truth I really an weary if I'm going to keep going cause atm like I said I'm paying $15 a month to play in a limited sand box and not having any interaction with other players at all. Ever since Mythic went 20 man only every guild I've been in has folded and has really taken any interest in the game out of me. I know I'm not the only one. And now they want to say no more flying at all. Like I guess they don't wanna encourage people to get out into the world as much as they say they do. At least this is my opinion on the matter.
    Last edited by BaneDraegonfire; 2015-05-22 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Blizzard, you sweet summer child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Guess that seals the deal. Not coming back or buying any more expansions :/
    You realize you're probably the only one who cares that you're not coming back, right?

Besides, if no flying means you dont want to come back, then it's obvious you're not the intended audience for this game.
    Hi

Excellent move if that's the case. Flight trivializes content so save it for trivial content. Seems Appropriate.

"While there was certainly convenience in being able to completely explore the world in three dimensions, that also came at the expense of gameplay like targeted exploration, like trying to figure out what's in that cave on top of a hill and how do I get up there."

What a load of shit. You see all the open world content while leveling. If you don't see everything when leveling, you're doing something wrong. There's only so much to explore in the open world, and most players can explore it in a single day.

This expansion has shown us that there's nothing to do at max level. What do you do in the open world right now? Apex dailies? Been capped for a while. Pet dailies? They're all close to flight paths, and don't reward anything substantial. Gathering mats/archaeology? Don't need to gather mats when everything is a click away in the garrison. Fuck doing archaeology without flight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Well, nice work Blizzard. You just alienated another 30% of your playerbase. Keep it up and in a few months 30% will only be one person.
    You mean the >1% of the playerbase that are actually mad about this.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You realize you're probably the only one who cares that you're not coming back, right?

Besides, if no flying means you dont want to come back, then it's obvious you're not the intended audience for this game.
    Yep, guess not. That's fine, my $30 a month can support another studio.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Doesn't really matter in World of Garrison and Raidcraft anyway...

What they need to do is if you are mounted on a mount that can fly, when you jump off of a mountain/cliff you "slowfall" float down. Why should someone take a death from falling while on a mount that can flap its wings?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Your claim assumes that people who supported no-flying did so with the hopes that flying would come back later.

I for one hoped Blizzard would make the choice they've made, and not listen to the whining populace who want convenience. Quite impressed they decided to think of the game's quality this time instead of appealing to the crying. What Aimscoes brought up is pretty much the only minor downside in my eyes, there are some flying mounts that don't look very good on the ground, although it's a pretty small few, the bat, and the flying horses that use the short stocky horse model (Invincible, Hearthsteed, Tyrael's charger, Starpony).
    Oh, the games quality like the quality that came with WoD, or was that just a fluke?

Not only that, convenience is only a tiny fraction of the argument for flying back in current content, but keep trying, it's almost as amusing as Watcher attempting to cover how gutted studio funding prevents them from making zones made for flying mounts and zones made for ground mounts side by side. It was done previously, but for some reason every little ounce of "content" is becoming nickle and dime fodder for the profit mongering juggernaut.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I wonder if this was motivated in part because its easier to build worlds that don't support flying?

Did anyone ever confirm that WoD could even support flying? I wonder how much of the continent is smoke and mirrors.
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

So happy they finally let us know so we have an answer and the pro-flyers will, hopefully, shut up asking for it after the incoming rage.