Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Closed Beta Testing on May 26

Closed Beta Testing on
    May 26

by The Guild Wars 2 Team on May 22, 2015

We’re pleased to announce the closed beta test for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™. If you obtained a portal to the Heart of Maguuma during the special event in Dry Top and the Silverwastes, you’ll receive an e-mail with all the details you’ll need to get started. Please ensure that you’ve signed up for our newsletter so that we can contact you! We’ll be randomly choosing a number of newsletter recipients for participation in the beta test as well.

The upcoming closed beta will help us test the stability of our new PvE outpost-event content structure. Participants will be able to use a revenant—or any of the existing eight professions—to play a small amount of expansion story content, followed by two beta versions of outposts and their corresponding adventures in part of the Verdant Brink map. An early, partially completed version of the day/night cycle meta-event experience from Verdant Brink will also be available.

Testing will begin on May 26, and will run in 2 hour blocks with breaks between each block. The schedule is as follows:

• 11:30 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) to 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)
    • 3:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) to 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)
    • 7:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) to 9:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)

This test is not under a nondisclosure agreement, and participants are welcome to stream and discuss their experiences. We hope to see you there!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/c...ing-on-may-26/
    Valar morghulis

Nice. Didn't get a portal myself and wasn't to fussed but to everyone who did enjoy the beta

No portal for me, either, but I don't mind. I have a boatload of different games on my plate right now (GW2 being one of them) so it's not a big deal that I am missing out. Besides, I did get to participate in the original game's beta 3 years ago, so someone else getting a shot at a beta seems fair.

So is it just for a day, or every day for the week, or wat?

Sounds like you get the three two-hour blocks and that's it for this beta event.

My body is ready for the d anet
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Sounds like you get the three two-hour blocks and that's it for this beta event.
    But it says it begins on may 26, so is it more than 1 day or did they just word it poorly?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    My body is ready for the d anet
    That's... a little graphic.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    That's... a little graphic.
    d stands for demo. Because beta is demo.

Gosh, get your mind out of the gutter!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    d stands for demo. Because beta is demo.

Gosh, get your mind out of the gutter!
    Demos are full of graphics. Get your mind out of the gutter

While I'm happy to have gotten in, the only thing I NEED to see is the Ranger elite spec, and sadly, elite specs won't be in this one. I have a Ranger and a Thief who I'm going to have to delete and reroll if the Druid ends up being any good, and they've both been put in stasis for a month now while this new info is (slowly) rolling out.

This is just a glorified 6-hour stress test. Also you can only make a human, not a big deal, but for those who didn't get in, you're probably not missing very much. 'Cept for a kajillion human Revenants running around. God I hope Revenants aren't going to be as bad as Death Knights in WoW used to be (population-wise).

(I know they will; it's inevitable.)

Ugh I got to work, but I can be there for half of the 2nd test and the rest of the 3rd.

Still waiting Anet....

Deleted
    Got excited when I saw an email about Heart of Thorns in my inbox. Just a reminder email

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Damn you anet!!!! I was chosen and i'll work all day and i'll go to college during the night. Damn you!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Damn you anet!!!! I was chosen and i'll work all day and i'll go to college during the night. Damn you!!!!!!
    Yea... that's my main issue with it only being one day and for very short periods. They are really limiting the amount of useful info they'll get from people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone got screenshots of the Mastery lines!

http://imgur.com/a/jfShz
    Valar morghulis

I had fun. I like the revenant. Legend swapping is slow though, it's not as instantaneous as elemental attunement swapping. There is like a 1.5 sec animation delay. The resource mechanic is a challenge to juggle. You can't spam things on CD because of resources. Revenant is very slow

just use hammer and skill 2 on cooldown, don't use the other ones unless you need 'em. Become demon, smash face. : P
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.