What additional stories will we see in WoD going forward?

"We've got plenty of more story to be told after this," Hazzikostas says when asked whether patch 6.2 would be the last big content update for Warlords of Draenor.

So now that that is confirmed that there is more story to come, what is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Teron gorefiend will finally reach his final form. Well not really, but i hope for comeback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they have plenty of stories to tell, they cut like half of the ones that were supposed to be in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping we find out who Cho'gall's void master was. I liked the development of the void this expansion, and all of Cho'gall's storyline with the Pale and corrupting elementals and so forth.

I wonder if it means that Archimonde is demoted to middle of expansion boss again.

Poor fellow, can't seem to catch a break.

I'd personally like to see some of the Titan stuff expanded on. Hopefully tying in with void lore.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I want jaina Proudfans to go evil like Cordana since she is on draneor for nothing.

I think it's VERY important to note that context of which that plenty story to tell quote came from.

They were discussing the lull between SoO and WoD's release. It could be interpreted from that quote that there may be major story told, but seeing as it's merely something to tide over between HFC and next xpac, it may just be some sort of resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    I think it's VERY important to note that context of which that plenty story to tell quote came from.

They were discussing the lull between SoO and WoD's release. It could be interpreted from that quote that there may be major story told, but seeing as it's merely something to tide over between HFC and next xpac, it may just be some sort of resolution.
    Even then, which I'd agree with your basic premise btw of what kind of content it would be, it's hard to think of that many resolutions left to be resolved.

I'm hoping this horrible expantion ends sooner rather than later. I'm hoping he's just making stuff up... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Even then, which I'd agree with your basic premise btw of what kind of content it would be, it's hard to think of that many resolutions left to be resolved.
    Well, there's Wrathion, who is somewhat responsible for a lot of what has gone down in WoD. Gul'dan post-HFC.

Though I do feel Wrathion should only be shown slightly and be utilized more in a future xpac. Gul'dan was a major player for WoD, so I can see the ending involving him.

We never really found out why the Breakers and Primals have their missions to cover the world in stone/ice or plants. It's safe to say they are creations of the Titans (from the general feel, and the fact the artifact in Gorgrond to summon them has "titan" in the file name). It's also unexplained why the Breakers in Tanaan suddenly thirst for fel energy through the boss in Hellfire Citadel.

The Order of the Awakened and the Apexis are great candidates for future content, as well as the remnants of the Ogre empire/Ogre clans. Both Arakkoa and Ogres have plenty of lore to be expanded on, and plenty of places they've been that haven't been explained well.

Farahlon is one of the most mysterious places on Draenor. We know there are magical artifacts there (we retrieve one from a ship mission in 6.2 for the legendary quest), and we know magical storms swirl around it constantly. Yet, we also know in BC that there were Draenei towns there, and the Kirin Tor had set up shop there - most likely to study all the magical stuff there. Tempest Keep went to Farahlon after it became Netherstorm, but that could happen earlier in this time period if the Naaru wanted to take action. All kinds of stories could be had here, as it's pretty much a blank slate. Most quests in Netherstorm dealt with the problems occurring then, such as the Blood Elves siphoning magic/taking over Tempest Keep, and the demon presence on Netherstorm (including Socrethar's base of operations there). The most we know about Farahlon is from Vargoth's descriptions of it, anyway.

There are also other continents on Draenor, other islands that never made it in (such as a large round one west of the Spires of Arak - it's still visible on the mission table maps). Or, we could go back to our Azeroth, or wherever else that would fit in. The story doesn't have to end just because the Legion appears and Archimonde may die. Though, as far as recurring villains, there certainly aren't many they could bring back. It's all up in the air at this point.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Thrall will shoot Voljin in the face with a derringer for cheating in poker. If there's one thing that pisses him off enough to kill, it's a cheater in a poker match.
    Please be true, please be true.

In all seriousness, I doubt we'll see much in regards to Cho'gall's Master/Void Stuff, given that much of that potential story has been cut and given an ending.

Honestly I'm expecting either Wrathion or some kind of segue into 7.0's story (A more modern, fleshed-out Ruby Sanctum, for example).

Personally though, I'm still hoping that this abortion of an expansion ends as soon as humanly possible.

It should be noted too that they haven't completely finished adding 6.2's story as a couple rep factions are going to be added still. (This was in the interview too)

Personally I think the most likely story is going to be those ogre stones.

I could possibly see an Apexis storyline but we are getting even more completed Arakkoa lore in 6.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Well, there's Wrathion, who is somewhat responsible for a lot of what has gone down in WoD. Gul'dan post-HFC.

Though I do feel Wrathion should only be shown slightly and be utilized more in a future xpac. Gul'dan was a major player for WoD, so I can see the ending involving him.
    I agree, we haven't seen Wrathion at all, and it's clear he had an ulterior motive. I really doubt he wanted the Iron Horde invasion, it's likely he tricked Kairoz into opening up that world for another reason. Oh noes, hes gone to AU Azeroth to get the Skull of Gul'dan or something while we were distracted!