How do you guys clean peripherals/other stuff?

Pretty much the title.

I was looking at my keyboard and I saw a lot of gunk and what not on the keyboard. (I don't even.)

My question is how do you guys clean your stuff? And I mean anything!

TVs, monitors, Wii U gamepad (Mines has been a mess and it needs a cleaning.) mice etc.

I typically go the water and cloth way, but maybe you guys have more long lasting and cleaner solutions.

On a serious note, what Butler said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Geek grime is a serious and nasty issue. Gamepads, keyboards, mice etc have more bacteria on them than toilets. So to answer your question i clean mine offen with great fury and vast amounts haste.... and ear buds lots of ear buds and those screen wipey thingamahjigs

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cokecan View Post
    Geek grime is a serious and nasty issue. Gamepads, keyboards, mice etc have more bacteria on them than toilets. So to answer your question i clean mine offen with great fury and vast amounts haste.... and ear buds lots of ear buds and those screen wipey thingamahjigs
    Those glasses cleaning paper towels with alcohol are very good at clearing away germs.

For keyboard, depends on the type, but with mine I am able to remove the keys, I put them in warm soapy water while I clean underneath them with a rubbing alcohol on a Q-Tip. I use rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip to clean just about anything electronic.

10+ Year Old Account
    For keyboard I have a small brush attachment on my vacuum cleaner that I use every couple of weeks. I remove the keys and give it a good clean every 6 months or so.
    Everything else just microfibre cloth.
    Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.

Deleted
    Keyboard: Remove every key and put them in warm soap water. Vacuum the keyboard, use a wet toothbrush/dental brush to clean it out if needed.
    Monitor: Clean the screen with a soft tissue. Vacuum the ventilation holes.
    Mouse: Just wipe it down with a wet tissue.
    GPU: Remove gpu from computer. Strip it down until you have three pieces, heatsink, board and fan. Gently blow dust away from the board until you're satisfied, place it on anti-stat until you're done cleaning the other parts. Put the heatsink and fan casing in warm water to get any dust off and wait for it to dry(and I mean bone dry). Apply new thermal paste and reassemble the whole thing and voila, as new!
    Motherboard: Blow away dust/vacuum.
    PSU: Remove the casing and vacuum. Don't prod on anything inside it. Simply hovering the vacuums mouthpiece above the parts is enough and if it doesn't get all the dust out then so be it. Just don't touch anything inside the PSU.
    CPU: Same as GPU: Just remove the heat sink and fan and shower them under water until they're spotless. Wait until bone dry, apply new thermal paste and reassemble.
    Chassi: Vacuum it out and wipe it down both inside and outside with a soft tissue.

That's my annual PC spring cleaning routine.

I pry the keys up and use soap+water+paper towels for my keyboard.
    I really don't do much for my mouse. I wipe it down with one of those Clorox sanitizing wipes every once in a while.
    Monitor - I bought one of those generic "screen cleaner" kits at Wal Mart that has the little cloth + bottle of spray stuff. It seems to work well.

For the whole computer in general, I take it outside, open the case, and go to town on it with an air compressor. I do this about...once every 4 months.

I use a DataVac which I got from Amazon a few years ago, as well as wipes. Gets the job done.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    For my Keyboard / Keypad & Mouse I use a baby wipe works good, but for monitors / tv's I use a Monster Cleaning Solution that I got for free works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    PSU: Remove the casing
    Don't do that unless you are ok with voiding your warranty.
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TaintedOne View Post
    Don't do that unless you are ok with voiding your warranty.
    It's a fairly inexpensive component though. Sitting on a low to mid-range PC it's no more than 50-60 bucks. I don't personally even see the point in having warranty on cheap shit like that since the RMA takes around 1-2 weeks, you'd really go through 2 weeks of no PC for a $50-60 component? Better to void and maintain it to increase it's life expectancy. But that's just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mouse: Just wipe with a moist tissue now and then
    Keyboard: Remove keycaps that are unclean and wipe them with some generic tissue, run my vacuum cleaner over the keyboard now and then to remove hairs and similar crap that falls between the keycaps.
    Monitors: Microfiber cloth to remove dust now and then. I don't really do that more than like once a year max. My monitors just don't get dirty.
    Computer: I've got dust covers in front of every opening where the fans are sucking in air, I clean those now and then so it just doesn't get that dirty. Once every year or so or whenever I upgrade a component I tend to clean it out more properly using an air compressor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Mouse: Just wipe with a moist tissue now and then
    Keyboard: Remove keycaps that are unclean and wipe them with some generic tissue, run my vacuum cleaner over the keyboard now and then to remove hairs and similar crap that falls between the keycaps.
    Monitors: Microfiber cloth to remove dust now and then. I don't really do that more than like once a year max. My monitors just don't get dirty.
    Computer: I've got dust covers in front of every opening where the fans are sucking in air, I clean those now and then so it just doesn't get that dirty. Once every year or so or whenever I upgrade a component I tend to clean it out more properly using an air compressor.
    This. I have a Razer Starcraft 2 marauder keyboard so I have to pop off all the keys to clean effectively. Worth it though, honestly.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    Keyboard: Remove every key and put them in warm soap water. Vacuum the keyboard, use a wet toothbrush/dental brush to clean it out if needed.
    Monitor: Clean the screen with a soft tissue. Vacuum the ventilation holes.
    Mouse: Just wipe it down with a wet tissue.
    GPU: Remove gpu from computer. Strip it down until you have three pieces, heatsink, board and fan. Gently blow dust away from the board until you're satisfied, place it on anti-stat until you're done cleaning the other parts. Put the heatsink and fan casing in warm water to get any dust off and wait for it to dry(and I mean bone dry). Apply new thermal paste and reassemble the whole thing and voila, as new!
    Motherboard: Blow away dust/vacuum.
    PSU: Remove the casing and vacuum. Don't prod on anything inside it. Simply hovering the vacuums mouthpiece above the parts is enough and if it doesn't get all the dust out then so be it. Just don't touch anything inside the PSU.
    CPU: Same as GPU: Just remove the heat sink and fan and shower them under water until they're spotless. Wait until bone dry, apply new thermal paste and reassemble.
    Chassi: Vacuum it out and wipe it down both inside and outside with a soft tissue.

That's my annual PC spring cleaning routine.
    You just blow the computer out once a year? I do that once a quarter. Remove the CPU....ugh. Too much of a change to damage a pin, something conductive fall in and fry things, and mess up on the re-install. GPU? same as above. Too much water and moisture in your cleaning for my tastes. Mouse keyboard other peripherals wipe down with damp cloth. Cleaning wipes for screen.