Power surges with EVGA GTX 980?

Hello everyone. Today I got my new GPU, a EVGA GTX 980, and I've tried playing Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2, both with high settings, and after like 30 seconds, my screen either shuts down or shows a Yellow-ish color. When restarting, it tells me there have been power surges detected and that the computer shut down to avoid any damage.

Here are my specifications :
    -8GB of RAM
    -Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90 GHz
    -EVGA GTX 980.
    -My PSU info is the following : Voltage - 115V/230V , Current - 7A/4A , Frequency - 50Hz/6. (Thats a 600W PSU).

I also downloaded EVGA precision 16, which apparently lets me change the "power target" (it's at 100% right now).
    How can I fix this? Is my PSU the problem? Would it be a good idea to take the "power target" slider below 100% and see if that helps? Any other ideas?. So far I haven't done anything to solve the problem since I don't wanna break anything lol.

Thanks!

What is your 12v rail amperage? You can find it on your PSU's label.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would this have anything to do with your gpu? A gpu draws power, not surges it.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Why would this have anything to do with your gpu? A gpu draws power, not surges it.
    They didn't say it was the GPU causing it. Regardless, a GPU drawing more power than the 12v rail can sustain can certainly cause voltage instability resulting in spikes or "surges".
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics