Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Allods online is trying for steam

http://massivelyop.com/2015/05/22/al...am-greenlight/

Allods Online is looking to join the not-very-exclusive Steam club by going through the greenlight process. Right now the game is up on Steam Greenlight for a yay/nay decision from the community, after which its fate on the platform will be decided.

Allods is hard at work preparing Patch 6.0.1 for release on June 4th. The new update will contain faction multi-mode PvP, an encounter with the Bestiary, and a procedurally generated adventure in the Time Void.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    http://massivelyop.com/2015/05/22/al...am-greenlight/

Allods Online is looking to join the not-very-exclusive Steam club by going through the greenlight process. Right now the game is up on Steam Greenlight for a yay/nay decision from the community, after which its fate on the platform will be decided.

Allods is hard at work preparing Patch 6.0.1 for release on June 4th. The new update will contain faction multi-mode PvP, an encounter with the Bestiary, and a procedurally generated adventure in the Time Void.
    Good luck to them! I remember trying this game out years ago when it first launched and it surprised me. The graphics were great and gameplay was familiar; however, the cash shop was very expensive. I couldn't tell you if it was "pay to win", but it wasn't just cosmetics and it was like 20+ bucks a week just to raid. This might have changed over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Good luck to them! I remember trying this game out years ago when it first launched and it surprised me. The graphics were great and gameplay was familiar; however, the cash shop was very expensive. I couldn't tell you if it was "pay to win", but it wasn't just cosmetics and it was like 20+ bucks a week just to raid. This might have changed over the years.
    Supposedly gpotato is no longer involved with it
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Supposedly gpotato is no longer involved with it
    I voted for it and I'll give it a shot again when it launches, since it's mostly free. I hear there is a sub option too now, which nullifies the need for cash shop purchases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the go ahead greenlit XD

http://massivelyop.com/2015/06/05/al...ight-go-ahead/

If you figure that getting onto Steam is vital for the future of your favorite MMO, then Allods Online players have to be giving a small cheer today. The team announced that the game got enough votes to be officially greenlit on Steam, meaning that it will join the roster of MMO offerings on the platform.

To thank the community for its support, the devs are reducing the cost of upgrading rare equipment and increasing loot gain. There are also plans in the works to schedule “lucky moments” for both servers.

Allods was pretty cool from what I played with friends. It often had us debate how it had some visuals that looked better than WoW's. One of the most interesting things Allods did was create sub-based servers after being Pay to win for a while. Anything you buy for cash on the free (Pay-to-Win) servers will drop in-game on the sub-based servers.

I may actually try this again once it hits on Steam if it hasn't changed too much.

Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    Allods was pretty cool from what I played with friends. It often had us debate how it had some visuals that looked better than WoW's. One of the most interesting things Allods did was create sub-based servers after being Pay to win for a while. Anything you buy for cash on the free (Pay-to-Win) servers will drop in-game on the sub-based servers.

I may actually try this again once it hits on Steam if it hasn't changed too much.
    I know I played this game a long time ago with a friend. It had its moments I remember some of the class abilities fondly. The pay to win aspect was one of the things I left over and it was before they did the sub based servers I guess. Either way I don't remember my account info and it seems to use some totally new thing to log on to it. So I think I'll pass on trying that game again.

7+ Year Old Account
    That no cash shop sub option sounds neat.

How's the population on that style of server? I'm always looking for games to try out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I know I played this game a long time ago with a friend. It had its moments I remember some of the class abilities fondly. The pay to win aspect was one of the things I left over and it was before they did the sub based servers I guess. Either way I don't remember my account info and it seems to use some totally new thing to log on to it. So I think I'll pass on trying that game again.
    gpotato is no longer with them god look it up will ya? We dont know if its going to stay p2w or go the route like all the other mmos which are completely f2p

Genuinely hope this goes well for them and brings back a crowd.

However their Cash Shop is absolutely cancerous and is VERY unattractive. If they change their Cash Shop items / prices it'll go well. Otherwise...well....

gpotato is no longer with them god look it up will ya? We dont know if its going to stay p2w or go the route like all the other mmos which are completely f2p
    Yes I understand quite well gpotato isn't involved anymore. All I said is that I stopped playing the game way back when because of the pay to win aspect. Read what I said will ya?

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    That no cash shop sub option sounds neat.

How's the population on that style of server? I'm always looking for games to try out.
    Honestly, I was really intrigued by it, myself. I never got a chance to try it out, though. If WoW were to one day become F2P, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the setup they went with.

I didn't level much in Allods, so when it eventually comes to Steam, I'll tinker around with it a bit. Now all we need is Warhammer: Age of Reckoning to be added to Steam in an entire F2P offering...

10+ Year Old Account
    Love that game. Next to Runes of Magic (byebye ). I was bummed after finding out that it has a low amount of dungeons/raids, only to center around PvP. WildStar reminds me of Allods - namely, the Esper and Mentalists.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I was really intrigued by it, myself. I never got a chance to try it out, though. If WoW were to one day become F2P, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the setup they went with.

I didn't level much in Allods, so when it eventually comes to Steam, I'll tinker around with it a bit. Now all we need is Warhammer: Age of Reckoning to be added to Steam in an entire F2P offering...
    It's almost like giving customers a choice is a good thing, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol p2w cancer, anyone dumb enough to play this game truly deserves their service.

It's like THE poster child for p2w

I remember way back when I played this it had a shitty mechanic where you had to pay to get out of some limbo zone when you died, otherwise you had to wait a long ass time. And I thought that was bullshit.

Now I read that they lock away a huge chunk of the experience you earn and you have to pay to get it. Then there's cursed items, which drop normally but are useless until you pay real money to cleanse the curse.

Fuck.
    That.
    Noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I remember way back when I played this it had a shitty mechanic where you had to pay to get out of some limbo zone when you died, otherwise you had to wait a long ass time. And I thought that was bullshit.

Now I read that they lock away a huge chunk of the experience you earn and you have to pay to get it. Then there's cursed items, which drop normally but are useless until you pay real money to cleanse the curse.

Fuck.
    That.
    Noise.
    Did that really happen? If so thats even worse then swtor >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god, this game is huge piece of crap, you shouldn't be very excited about it. It's just donate-galore (pay to remove "post-death-sickness", pay to get +100% damage, pay to reduce incoming damage by 50%, pay to get +X teammates for solo run in dungeons, pay to get runes for gear, pay to buy a courier that automatically loots herbs and shit while you afk). It used to be somewhat good, but then mail.ru bought the game and screwed it over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    That cash shop was a disgrace, perfectly designed to kill all but hardcore, brainwashed players. If it stays that way on Steam, it might as well have been declined for Early Access.

So I hope things change!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account

Warhammer went offline in 2013...

Also, never heard of Allods online. Hopefully it attracts more players from steam.