Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Did that really happen? If so thats even worse then swtor >.>
    Nah that's not the worst. On original servers (not surewhat was on English servers) you had chance for any of your equipped items to be cursed after death (pay real money). And if you didn't buy blessing, you were worse than if you had res sickness in WoW.

Also when I played, you had to buy food (pay real money) for your mounts or they'd be very-very slow (all mounts were for real money too, unless you were really lucky once a year on holiday).

I am not even sure if they changed how runes worked, but you had to donate a lot of money to upgrade runes (direct increase of damage done, and decrease of damage taken), runes had like 9 tiers. One of leveling zones at 20+ featured sudden PvP, where you either donate or succumb to donators and invincible monsters.

AO had nice ideas though, I liked the talent system and the way how Necromancers (WoW Warlocks) could be off-healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Nah that's not the worst. On original servers (not surewhat was on English servers) you had chance for any of your equipped items to be cursed after death (pay real money). And if you didn't buy blessing, you were worse than if you had res sickness in WoW.

Also when I played, you had to buy food (pay real money) for your mounts or they'd be very-very slow (all mounts were for real money too, unless you were really lucky once a year on holiday).

I am not even sure if they changed how runes worked, but you had to donate a lot of money to upgrade runes (direct increase of damage done, and decrease of damage taken), runes had like 9 tiers. One of leveling zones at 20+ featured sudden PvP, where you either donate or succumb to donators and invincible monsters.

AO had nice ideas though, I liked the talent system and the way how Necromancers (WoW Warlocks) could be off-healers.
    That sucks and the elves were what i liked the most sexy female elfs XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

I played it for about a week. 2/10, terrible game; would not recommend.

Deleted
    Played it, when they announced a special server with no cash shop.
    Well, the game looks like a bad clone of WoW, boring as hell, graphics are bad, gameplay is meh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendizerx View Post
    Played it, when they announced a special server with no cash shop.
    Well, the game looks like a bad clone of WoW, boring as hell, graphics are bad, gameplay is meh.
    Sounds like a spot on WoW clone, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Sounds like a spot on WoW clone, then.
    Except it managed to be even worse; surprise, surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I not sure if i could feel dissapointed or what? After reading some comments here, i hoped for some alternative for WoW, and my hopes are broken. Yeah it was still some MMO on steam, but most of them are no longer have support, like Tribes Ascend etc.

Should i consider try Allods, when launch might happend on steam? I think i gonna wait for answer long time.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I not sure if i could feel dissapointed or what? After reading some comments here, i hoped for some alternative for WoW, and my hopes are broken. Yeah it was still some MMO on steam, but most of them are no longer have support, like Tribes Ascend etc.

Should i consider try Allods, when launch might happend on steam? I think i gonna wait for answer long time.
    I won't tell you to not try it, you might discover temporary pleasure playing it. I will tell you this, you won't be playing it as long as you may have been playing World of Warcraft. It lacks retention. It's simply an inferior embodiment of World of Warcraft.

http://massivelyop.com/2015/05/22/al...am-greenlight/

Allods Online is looking to join the not-very-exclusive Steam club by going through the greenlight process. Right now the game is up on Steam Greenlight for a yay/nay decision from the community, after which its fate on the platform will be decided.

Allods is hard at work preparing Patch 6.0.1 for release on June 4th. The new update will contain faction multi-mode PvP, an encounter with the Bestiary, and a procedurally generated adventure in the Time Void.
    I use to play that back around the sametime wrath was out. It was a decent MMO but jesus everything was such a grind. I hated its talent setup as well because if you messed up one point you was fucked.

With that said hope the best for it and I hope it has improved. I may give it ago if my account is still up and I can remember it lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post

It will be f2p so knock urself out and form ur own opinion. Its been years since I played but when I did it was a grind from hell to do anything. Even some base quests you needed a raid group to help finish because drop rates sucked badly. More people equaled more kills and made the quest quciker.

- - - Updated - - -

http://massivelyop.com/2015/05/22/al...am-greenlight/

Allods Online is looking to join the not-very-exclusive Steam club by going through the greenlight process. Right now the game is up on Steam Greenlight for a yay/nay decision from the community, after which its fate on the platform will be decided.

Allods is hard at work preparing Patch 6.0.1 for release on June 4th. The new update will contain faction multi-mode PvP, an encounter with the Bestiary, and a procedurally generated adventure in the Time Void.
    Also the game is fully greenlit now and will be coming to steam.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    If I googled the definition of pay 2 win I'd fully expect to see Allods as the top result. I will never touch that trash game again.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    Warhammer went offline in 2013...
    And? EQ has been offline for ages and Steam picked it up. I even think Steam has D&DO now too (even though that game is still alive and kicking) Mythic/EA had a chance to do the right thing and make it Free to Play in the same vein as D&DO, but they thumbed at the idea. The servers went down to what, 2 American and 4 European before they closed the doors? Warhammer's main issue is that it was rushed. It really wasn't a bad game, but when Wrath got its release date, EA wanted to beat it out of the gate, so the game was released unfinished. I don't even think they finished half of the main race cities anyway. Point is, it would be a good title to get tossed on Steam, especially if it were to ever have a little more work done to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    If I googled the definition of pay 2 win I'd fully expect to see Allods as the top result. I will never touch that trash game again.
    Sure, it was pay to win for a while, but then they went and added sub-based servers that allowed anything that you could buy in the cash shop, to drop in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    And? EQ has been offline for ages and Steam picked it up.
    Erm...Everquest has never closed down. Everquest Online Adventures and Everquest Mac eventually closed their respective doors, but EQ1 proper has never ceased operation.

Steam didn't "pick up" anything, Daybreak (previous SOE) published it to Steam some years back to expose it to a larger PC audience.

Mythic/EA had a chance to do the right thing and make it Free to Play in the same vein as D&DO, but they thumbed at the idea.
    WAR was in far worse shape than DDO. The most likely reason it never made the transition while DDO and others did was simply because it was never worth the investment. WAR already had a massively tainted brand given how hard the game bombed after launch, so not only would they have had to invest the money to transition it to F2P, but they'd have to launch a huge marketing/PR campaign to combat that reputation.

That's all assuming that their license with Games Workshop for the Warhammer IP would have even allowed for a business model transition, which it may not have given that when it was signed a P2P -> F2P transition wasn't a thing.

The servers went down to what, 2 American and 4 European before they closed the doors?
    One per region, and by all accounts from some friends who played a few years before it closed down, each faction (at least in NA) had one active guild, the game was a total ghost town.

Point is, it would be a good title to get tossed on Steam, especially if it were to ever have a little more work done to it.
    They'd have needed to do a ton of work to get it into shape for a Steam/F2P relaunch. The game had great ideas, but was an unfinished disaster of failed execution. EA tried with the Wrath of Heroes psuedo-MOBA thing they dumped a bit of money into to try to do something with the IP/game/assets, but that tanked just as hard. Mythic is honestly a pretty shit tier studio that pretty much lucked out with the success of DAOC, and has never really done anything of note in their entire history other than that (when they still existed).