Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Things aren't as bad as one might think. Remember, most of the bad shit you see and hear is just regurgitated by the media who usually report one of two things: News about celebrities and generally bad news. I second the notion about smoking some weed that one of the other gents here has put forward. It'll take your mind off stuff for a while at worst, and give you some much needed perspective at best. This is especially true when doctors won't prescribe you any antidepressants.

If you just hate the world because humans everywhere are shit, go watch some happy news. Start here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbuUW9i-mHs

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had cycles of it here and again, if you could call it depression.

Exercise helps.

Cuddling helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beery Swine View Post
    The title sums it up, so here's my reply.

I've been depressed and suicidal since I was 7 at the latest. 32 now. It seems like no matter what my views on society or people or individual persons or even myself are at any given time I can always find what seems to me to be a rational reason for self-termination. Right now, I just hate everyone. I loathe and despise my own species for myriad reasons. Constant war, disposable consumerism, racism, classism, widening economic gap, false dichotomy politics, apathy to situations in people's immediate vicinity (like those weird rape cases that people just filmed and did nothing about during parties or dances), we're still on fossil fuels, religious extremism is still a thing, climate change and our unwillingness to do anything about it, victim blaming when someone kills a cartoonist for drawing something, Call of Duty is wildly popular, as is Transformers, reality TV is bigger than ever . . . I generally just hate everything I see on a daily basis when I'm not specifically trying to avoid the news or pop culture. I hate 95% of the people I see daily, too, and that's being generous. These are my current reasons for wanting to just say "fuckit", because I want no part of this upside down world.

Part of me kinda knows that these feelings are just exacerbated by faulty chemical balance in my brain, but the larger part just thinks it's a rational reaction to the current situation and understanding of it.

Howzabout you?

I think when you suffer clinical depression, most things, including the world around can be a bit difficult to consider. Most of the time, it just really has to do with how you manage the condition, I mean life in general is and can be full of lots of depression realities, but there comes a point when you might want to ask yourself, is this situation I am thinking about better or worse than it actually is, or is it just something the way I am seeing it.

We all get to a point where we might get depressed about something, if you have been dealing with this since you have been 7, living in a world that honestly doesn't treat or hasn't understood mental certain mental conditions, it can make things worse.

I guess for me it all just depends on how one I am looking at an issue or issues to decide whether or not is just me, and then it depends on WHOM else is viewing the same thing and their process for it. If you are stressing a bit about issues globally or locally that tend to be argued about by most, or the general consensus of pretty qualified and thoughtful people, then it is more likely the situation than just you.

But if you are dealing with depression, it is probably best to consider that, if there is a big subject that has a lot of people I mentioned worried or concerned, then make sure that you are dealing with your own issues first before, reading about or working yourself up about it.

If on the other hand, your worry and the rest come from things most people aren't concerned about, like say No Flying in Azeroth, my guess is that it might more likely just you. In any event, just try to be aware that despite however it is you see things, even if you don't have Clinical Depression, there are certain mental checklist to make before or even during getting involved or allowing something to be consumed by your attention.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bollyblob View Post
    lets just say ive been heavily depressed and suicidal-ish( if i can get a bullet and a gun its gg for me) for about 10 years now since i was 13, and i really cant imagine how a 7 year old is able to even understand what those feelings mean let alone be depressed and suicidal....sorry op but seems a bit bs to me
    Well, this is anonymous internet after all, but I've explained what was happening at the time. When you're told that there's a magic place where everything is awesome that you get to go to when you die and you life is a waking nightmare, small wonder there aren't more suicidal kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That's not how this works.

I'll stop replying to you, but if someone else does to me, I'll probably answer.
    Right, that's not how this works, so don't fucking tell me to GTFO. You're the one that made this antagonistic. Find a fucking mirror, look in it, go vomit at the filthy soul you see reflected, ???, profit.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Both I hate my life.
    but u are werewolf wtf u can run through woods like a wolf..
    Last edited by Ianus; 2015-05-23 at 04:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes.

It's really frustrating being someone that you know you aren't and don't know why you are, then to look at who you are now and how far you have to go to being who you are supposed to be.

But maybe I'm just an insane person and that doesn't make any sense. Regardless, it's very stressful.

I don't really care about depression. I believe in helping people who are down on themselves to find something worth living for, but it's just starting to seem like a buzzword and an excuse for lazy people.

How the fuck is a 7 year old depressed and suicidal? Favorite cartoon didn't come on? Mom didn't give you a snack after school?
    maybe they were abused by someone they thought they could trust. maybe one of their parents is always telling them they will never be good enough. maybe their parents divorced and they think it is all their fault. maybe other children specifically exclude them from activities or torment them for entertainment.

it is entirely possible for a child to feel like absolute shit.

If you're not willing to work to get better then it doesn't serve much purpose to complain about being that way.
    who wants to pay someone to tell you everything that you already know? shrinks are glorified fuck givers. and if they aren't, they are assholes trying to make you do relaxation exercises when your primary issue in life is that you are unhappy as fuck and no amount of deep breathing and and made up bullshit phrases is going to change that. it's going to take hard work, drive and dedication - things that are pretty uncommon in people who are depressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Both I hate my life.
    You're one of the funnest motherfuckers on this forum.

Get well, and before your 2L year.

Please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is anonymous internet after all, but I've explained what was happening at the time. When you're told that there's a magic place where everything is awesome that you get to go to when you die and you life is a waking nightmare, small wonder there aren't more suicidal kids.
    If you have clinical depression, not likely, it has to do with how your brain works, I mean certain environments can I suppose make it worse or better. But in general it isn't something you snap into like that because you are told about an after life or something, just like it isn't something you snap out of either.

I mean there there is a lot of dipshit things, people can do to cope typically for temporary results, but if it's clinical meaning how your brain works, going to come back, often times worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then clearly you've only encountered shite therapists. Mine has known me for 12 years and she has always been able to help me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    If you're not willing to work to get better then it doesn't serve much purpose to complain about being that way.
    Yeah some people don't know how, one size doesn't always fit all, which is why when it comes to making a clinical diagnosis, or therapy, it requires a sit down with someone qualified, and the person who is doing so to get help, feels comfortable in doing so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I think when you suffer clinical depression, most things, including the world around can be a bit difficult to consider. Most of the time, it just really has to do with how you manage the condition, I mean life in general is and can be full of lots of depression realities, but there comes a point when you might want to ask yourself, is this situation I am thinking about better or worse than it actually is, or is it just something the way I am seeing it.

We all get to a point where we might get depressed about something, if you have been dealing with this since you have been 7, living in a world that honestly doesn't treat or hasn't understood mental certain mental conditions, it can make things worse.

I guess for me it all just depends on how one I am looking at an issue or issues to decide whether or not is just me, and then it depends on WHOM else is viewing the same thing and their process for it. If you are stressing a bit about issues globally or locally that tend to be argued about by most, or the general consensus of pretty qualified and thoughtful people, then it is more likely the situation than just you.

But if you are dealing with depression, it is probably best to consider that, if there is a big subject that has a lot of people I mentioned worried or concerned, then make sure that you are dealing with your own issues first before, reading about or working yourself up about it.

If on the other hand, your worry and the rest come from things most people aren't concerned about, like say No Flying in Azeroth, my guess is that it might more likely just you. In any event, just try to be aware that despite however it is you see things, even if you don't have Clinical Depression, there are certain mental checklist to make before or even during getting involved or allowing something to be consumed by your attention.
    It's not so much that I worry about this planet or humanity, it's that I'm disgusted by our actions and want nothing to do with my own species. Probably just a convenient excuse for my own insecurities, but w/e. Still hate this society and culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, that's not how this works, so don't fucking tell me to GTFO. You're the one that made this antagonistic. Find a fucking mirror, look in it, go vomit at the filthy soul you see reflected, ???, profit.
    Whoa... there's your problem buddy. You seem to get awfully upset about small issues.
    When you always make mountains out of molehills life really does start to feel hard.

Change comes from within, if you actually want help/want to change you will find the strength.
    No one, NO ONE, can do it for you. All they can do is be cheerleaders on the sidelines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    You've clearly never been clinically depressed. You've basically decided to dance around plegics and yell about how weak they are, how if they really want to walk, they just have to want it. But, I was asking for views, so . . .
    Nope, I don't let useless shit bother me. My view is figure it out yourself. As far as the weak thing goes, you can be strong and deal with the situation or be weak and sit around whining about how bad things are waiting for someone else to fix them for you. Now, let me be clear in what I mean. You can still get help on your own and that to me is being honest that you can't fix it on your own. However sitting here telling each other sad stories about how bad you have had it and giving that whole "Oh woe is me" thing doesn't fly with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not so much that I worry about this planet or humanity, it's that I'm disgusted by our actions and want nothing to do with my own species. Probably just a convenient excuse for my own insecurities, but w/e. Still hate this society and culture.
    People that I know like this usually project this kind of negativety on humanity because they don't care much for themselves either.

If you find a place in this fucked up world, you might view it in a better light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah some people don't know how, one size doesn't always fit all, which is why when it comes to making a clinical diagnosis, or therapy, it requires a sit down with someone qualified, and the person who is doing so to get help, feels comfortable in doing so.
    It's basically trial and error til you find something and someone that works. You can't get better if you don't try, so my sympathies are minimal to people who dint want to try. it can take a while but it's so worth it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then clearly you've only encountered shite therapists. Mine has known me for 12 years and she has always been able to help me.
    I've been seeing various therapists for 25 years on and off, I can recall only two that seemed to actually want to help and who cared about people. I've known exactly zero psychiatrists like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been seeing various therapists for 25 years on and off, I can recall only two that seemed to actually want to help and who cared about people. I've known exactly zero psychiatrists like this.
    Well I'm sorry you haven't had much luck. Empathetic psychs do exist though!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    People that I know like this usually project this kind of negativety on humanity because they don't care much for themselves either.

If you find a place in this fucked up world, you might view it in a better light.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head with that one. I have no place in this world, so I've decided it's beneath me.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's basically trial and error til you find something and someone that works. You can't get better if you don't try, so my sympathies are minimal to people who dint want to try. it can take a while but it's so worth it.
    Yeah.

I found a 50 year old bolivian man to tolerate me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Yeah who doesn't? I hate selfish whiny people who only think about themselves. I think the majority of people are shitlords and you know what? There is absolutely nothing I can do about it. So I ignore most people and focus on the things that matter to me. Hell I don't even keep in contact with my one brother cause he is so self absorbed I wanna punch him in the face most the time. Focus on things you can change or help in life, like yourself or your friends or your family. Most everything I do is to ensure future happiness for them or myself.