Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I was hacked and lost everything.

Where do I go from here? Logged in today to seeing my account locked, then look at my character armory to see he's now an orc instead of a dwarf on Illidan instead of WrA with no gold and no gear. I secured my account, and submitted a ticket.

Is there any way/hope of getting this stuff back through help of customer support? Or is this goodbye for me and WoW?
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

You'll probably get all your stuffs back. Just wait for the GM answer.

They will probably get you your stuff back. Though you'll jump through their hoops to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsardion Vaergrim View Post
    Where do I go from here? Logged in today to seeing my account locked, then look at my character armory to see he's now an orc instead of a dwarf on Illidan instead of WrA with no gold and no gear. I secured my account, and submitted a ticket.

Is there any way/hope of getting this stuff back through help of customer support? Or is this goodbye for me and WoW?
    Maybe, figure just be patient and give them all the info they ask for.

10+ Year Old Account

They should restore most things, though you'll probably lose any gems/enchantments on gear and you may not get all your gold back.

They should easily revert it, I've had this happen to guildies before.

Not too sure on items/gold honestly though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has happened to me a few times in the past, I reacquired everything I lost, and the last time, I had several hundred stacks of saronite ore in the mail as well. When my GM was hacked, he found a dozen spectral tigers in his inventory, every officer got one and he sold the rest.

You'l'l get it all back, don't worry.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Theres an option in game to restore your shit back. Whether or not it will race/faction change you back though is another story.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Try following the directions on the Blizzard account management page instead of asking us.

Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The odd part is, they didn't even use my card or anything for purchases/transfers. My character was race changed and transferred to a new realm but there are no charged in my account.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Try following the directions on the Blizzard account management page instead of asking us.
    Typical "so close but not quite" whit. Maybe the page took me to submitting a ticket, which isn't instant, so I'm asking people with experience while I'm waiting so I know what to expect
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

People still don't use authenticators? what?

10+ Year Old Account
    99% chance you'll get everything back. I've been hacked a couple times, and know 15-20 people who have, over the years. All of them got everything back.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in the same situation as you at 2-3 months ago, just overnight, all my toons are naked and bags and bank empty. The GM was able to help to an extent. A small number of my equipments was sadly just gone, couldn't be restored even by a GM and they couldn't restore my real ID friends which was erased during the hack.

Had this happen back in Wrath and i got absolutely everything back, even all the valor and heroism badges he had spent.
    And the war glaives he had vendored. ><

Just be glad you're the original owner.

"My" account was given to me during the Friends & Family beta of WoW by a friend in high school. Early development. Accounts were gifted ON PURPOSE to share during development.

When it was hacked, I obviously couldn't prove I was the original owner, so everything was gone. Forever.

Death's Demise, Grand Crusader, Realm firsts with Arthas/Yogg, original ZG bear.

Good thing zero tolerance is an effective policy :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Typical "so close but not quite" whit. Maybe the page took me to submitting a ticket, which isn't instant, so I'm asking people with experience while I'm waiting so I know what to expect
    Wasn't intended to be whitty, was intended to point out the obvious. Try using the callback feature I mean I talked to them 2 days ago and they fixed my shit right then. I wouldn't rely on random answers I would follow the directions and hope for the best. I mean when I got hacked years ago I didn't make a post about it I did what was needed and they fixed it.

Wouldn't guarantee you get everything back but most.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Theres an option in game to restore your shit back. Whether or not it will race/faction change you back though is another story.
    It's part of the recovery process. I was hacked once, all my toons were stripped, a few deleted, new ones created on other servers, my rogue sent off to another server, and my druid parked in front of an instance - and was Horde, not alliance. Whoever hacked mine went to town with paid services - and I got everything back the way it was within 48 hours. The only pain is they restored my guild bank in the mail - that was a LOT of mail.

The service you're talking about is for when you delete or vendor a piece of gear, and want it back. Account recovery after theft is completely different.

OP, get an authenticator, while you wait for restoration. You should get an email from Blizzard soon about the process. You can also post in the Customer Service forum to make sure you're in the queue and being processed.

Deleted
    The odd part is, they didn't even use my card or anything for purchases/transfers. My character was race changed and transferred to a new realm but there are no charged in my account.

- - - Updated - - -
    What makes you think they'd have access to your card..? Not to mention they'd probably use a stolen cc that gets chargebacked anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, guys, none of you ever got hacked. Your account was compromised, probably through a phishing attempt or a keylogger.

OP: Blizzard is almost always able to restore everything you had (and then some). I wouldn't worry about it. Get the ticket in and they'll fix you up.