Why do you play this game?

I am not really going to add a poll. Reasons being is that I just want to read your answers here specifically. Just wondering what your thoughts are with 6.2 since it pretty much confirmed a lot of our fears for what was going to be happening to the game...

It just feels like the guys who make the game don't really know what kind of content the players want anymore. I made a thread explaining my thoughts on whether or Blizzard can ever redeem themselves for WoW... I quoted a top GM in a solid guild claiming he felt that the game has sucked for a long time, and he only plays for the raiding. Some posts also agreed with that too.

It just seems like they can't redeem themselves anymore. I don't think they themselves really play the game as much now. It seems they are just making changes to continuously stir controversy over and over again and they never will admit that their some of their changes have impacted the game in very negative ways. My personal pet-peeve has been the instant teleportation to raids because I feel that in particular screwed the whole world feel. Yet they aren't changing that. No flying doesn't really solve their problem since Blizzard can't design engaging content anymore...

What do you guys think? Why do you continue to play WoW? A friend of mine tells me he raids mainly and plays Bloodborne, FF14 and Vanilla "special" (trying to avoid the p word) server on the side now...

I don't even know why I play anymore. I don't think I am burned out either. Just bummed out by what they are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play to simply enjoy myself as a giant cowman, thin elf druid, or nimble female draenei.

I don't need to raid bosses with other plebs for hours only to go nowhere or inch my way to "success".

Sometimes it's fun to just sit down and relax after a long day of work/chores/drama/etc.

Raiding is not "the only content" worth doing. It's just the only fucking content they've put in recently besides battle pets/mounts/etc (which are fine, but not really group oriented).

10+ Year Old Account
    story. im invested in the world and the characters ive built into it. shame blizzard is so fond of tossing their deep lore in the trash when they need to make room for class balancing and whatnot. Warlocks need souls to summon demons, so where does my warlock keep his now that shards are gone? does he just eat them? where the hell are those arrows my hunter is shooting coming from?

10+ Year Old Account
    raid with friends. down content at a reasonable pace. gear up and enjoy myself.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by FattGuy View Post
    I am not really going to add a poll. Reasons being is that I just want to read your answers here specifically. Just wondering what your thoughts are with 6.2 since it pretty much confirmed a lot of our fears for what was going to be happening to the game...

It just feels like the guys who make the game don't really know what kind of content the players want anymore. I made a thread explaining my thoughts on whether or Blizzard can ever redeem themselves for WoW... I quoted a top GM in a solid guild claiming he felt that the game has sucked for a long time, and he only plays for the raiding. Some posts also agreed with that too.

It just seems like they can't redeem themselves anymore. I don't think they themselves really play the game as much now. It seems they are just making changes to continuously stir controversy over and over again and they never will admit that their some of their changes have impacted the game in very negative ways. My personal pet-peeve has been the instant teleportation to raids because I feel that in particular screwed the whole world feel. Yet they aren't changing that. No flying doesn't really solve their problem since Blizzard can't design engaging content anymore...

What do you guys think? Why do you continue to play WoW? A friend of mine tells me he raids mainly and plays Bloodborne, FF14 and Vanilla "special" (trying to avoid the p word) server on the side now...

I don't even know why I play anymore. I don't think I am burned out either. Just bummed out by what they are doing.
    Mmm

WoW does not feel like an mmo anymore

There is no capital cities

There is no new battlegrounds

Profesion materials are "gated"

There is no real gathering

You can experience all the content in LFR

Other than draenor the game looks old and ugly and because there is nothing to do in Draenor, going for transmogs on your alts seem to be the only thing to keep you "busy"

combat mechanic is the same (but dumbed down) = Old

Nothing to do in the game really but send your followers, a thing you should be able to do on your iphone. It is pretty bad, it seriously is.

Cause occasionally they give me a free week and I wonder if the game got better in the last three months? It's fun to check out how the world looks for a bit, but within those short weeks I usually see enough of the content to be bored of it by the end of an expansion. Unfortunately, between garrisons and no flying, they have no intention of putting effort into the open world portion of the game being a part of regular play, so those few weeks will be over kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't see anything worth doing besides logging on to raid or logging on before hand to prepare for one.
    I feel they fucked PvP balance this expansion so I no longer do arenas/RBGS or any PvP for that matter.
    I can't get the satisfaction of just "playing the game". I need to do something that I feel is productive relative to the game such as raiding to improve my character or the occasional transmog runs. I rarely log on unless I'm gearing an alt (which I hardly do anyways because I suck at keeping alts). This is just me however; there are plenty of people or enjoy doing PvP, Pet Battles/Collecting, achievements, mount hunting, gold making etc etc. I'm just not one of those people lol. I find little interest in the game aside from raiding with the 19 people that I absolutely enjoy playing the game with.

Deleted
    Because it's fun. I raid.

I asked myself that very question for a considerable amount of time. In the end, I answer "I don't know" just featured too prominently, so I stopped.

I dont have WoD thats for sure cost $10 to get 30 days of MoP action to level with a friend and just chat etc in city. It's worth that much but paying $50 for WoD and then $15 a month after that to sit in the garrison all day? I went hardcore from launch of WoD until mid march then I unsubbed and havent gone back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiplicity View Post
    Honestly I don't see anything worth doing besides logging on to raid or logging on before hand to prepare for one.
    I feel they fucked PvP balance this expansion so I no longer do arenas/RBGS or any PvP for that matter.
    I can't get the satisfaction of just "playing the game". I need to do something that I feel is productive relative to the game such as raiding to improve my character or the occasional transmog runs. I rarely log on unless I'm gearing an alt (which I hardly do anyways because I suck at keeping alts). This is just me however; there are plenty of people or enjoy doing PvP, Pet Battles/Collecting, achievements, mount hunting, gold making etc etc. I'm just not one of those people lol. I find little interest in the game aside from raiding with the 19 people that I absolutely enjoy playing the game with.
    QFT.

I'm doing the pet battles though, it's the only progression curve left lol. Rest of it, meeeh. Achievements are still left, at least 3000 points or so.

This game is the best I LOVE it! Ahh, cant wait for 6.2!

Because of fun and the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't. Not much to do in WoD, so I ended up unsubbing after 8 years. Maybe I'll come back for next expansion, but I wouldn't bet money on it. Especially after today's interview and the lack of flying in upcoming expansions.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I play still because I like raiding, collecting mounts and collecting pets. Add hunting of transmogrification on top of that and Roleplaying.

Then again I've played this since Classic and removal of things such as Flight don't phase my decision to keep a ongoing subscription going.
    Last edited by sylvira; 2015-05-23 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Because I have a Raid and quite a few of my guildies I'd consider friends. The reason I payed late WotlK, Cata, MoP and now for a sub at all.

I don't. I used to play because I loved warcraft 3 and seeing the world i played through in that. I played with all my friends and there was always something to do. This expansion i struggled to find anything to do between raids and it made me realize there are better things to spend time and money on. Honestly WoD felt like a betrayal after they talked about WoD at blizzcon and showed all the stuff they were going to put in then cut things one by one and threatening raid tiers (even going as far as to say this could be a 2 tier expansion) after i'd already preordered. I've never been so disappointed in a game before and i will never buy anything from blizzard again unless serious changes are made. I'll follow the story/cinematics through youtube though :P

At the core of it all its to escape the darkness of reality and immerse myself in a mystical world where I can be almost anything I wanna be.

As a layer to that it's to enjoy the feeling of conquest as I defeat the horrors of said mystical world with a group of awesome companions, improving my skills in order to push myself ever so slightly higher in power.

And finally to feel like a hero and have a bunch of fun kicking serious butt.