View Poll Results: What to play for PvP?

Voters
39. This poll is closed
  • Death Knight (Unholy)

7 17.95%
  • Warlock (Affliction)

23 58.97%
  • Paladin (Ret)

9 23.08%
    10+ Year Old Account

What should I play?

Hi, so I haven't played really for a while and I recently got three of my toons to 100, my Warlock (afflic), my DK (unholy), and my Paladin (ret). Which class do you think is most viable for pvp in the coming 6.2 patch? Would love help picking since all three are pretty fun to play for me.

Why limit yourself to one class? I leveled every class to 100 and used season 1 to find my main(s) for season 2. I could never stick to one class because i like so many. Rogue (Assass/Sub), Paladin (Ret) and Monk (WW) is what i will be playing the most in season 2. Probably more but those i consider my main characters.

If i were to choose from these three in the poll, i'd say Ret Paladin because i really enjoy that. Unholy DK is also really fun. Started out with playing Frost this season but oh my god that spec i so boring and so simple. Unholy is the way to go if you wanna play DK. Still, i choose Ret here

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I would say the Lock personally. Unless you enjoy Holy Paladin also. if you enjoy healing on your pally, in addition to Ret, then Paladin hands down.
    The issue with DK's is they are a dime a dozen, but if you're only concerned with casual play that don't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Play a Warlock because they're going to be a top tier class next patch.

Unholy DK's are terrible now and will still be trash in 6.2 I'm not sure where people get the idea that Unholy is "good" and does "good damage" when Frost is better and will stay better. What killed Unholy in PvP is the removal of Necrotic Strike, nerfing Unholy Might passive to a pitiful 5% strength value and multistrike as a primary stat (similar to what happened to Sub Sinister Calling). Scourge Strike is also shitty ability that does absolutely nothing.

Frost is simply better because of the extra 5% strength from fallen crusader and the damage is just overall more meaningful than anything Unholy does. Unholy DK used to be the master of aoe, the master of pressure, but its trash now because currently Arms Warriors do a better job at that.

There's nothing fun or skilled about playing Unholy either. People that argue that it has a high skill cap do not even know what skill even means. Unholy plays exactly like a Frost DK. You tunnel one target and mash a pve rotation while depending on others playing high skill classes to carry your low skilled class to break roots, dispel or actually move at a normal speed.

I'm not sure why anyone that plays this game at a competitive level would even bother playing a class that completely depends on others to perform its basic, unskilled role. The class itself relies on the meta level of the game to remain as brainless as possible to even remotely remain competitive. It's sad but true.

When scum double melee comps like TSG go down the shitter next patch and wizard cleaves run rampant, you'll see no DK's past 2.7k mmr. It's never a class worth playing because DK's have zero synergy with Wizards or any skilled class in the game. It's just a shitty version of a Warrior that has no team utility, no CC, no MS, no insane burst damage.

Don't bother ever playing a DK. Don't play it casually, don't play it competitively. The class probably sucks in PvE too. It's been the bottom bitch of the Warrior class since MoP and it's not changing anytime soon.

Im going to say Warlock only because I've noticed that there among the few classes that seem favored in PvP. Arms Warriors, Frost Mages, Affliction Locks and at least one spec of Rogue is nearly always viable. If their not viable it doesn't take long for Blizz to buff them, while other spec can be awful for nearly an entire xpac.

Deleted
    Out of those four I'd go with the Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Play a Warlock because they're going to be a top tier class next patch.

Unholy DK's are terrible now and will still be trash in 6.2 I'm not sure where people get the idea that Unholy is "good" and does "good damage" when Frost is better and will stay better. What killed Unholy in PvP is the removal of Necrotic Strike, nerfing Unholy Might passive to a pitiful 5% strength value and multistrike as a primary stat (similar to what happened to Sub Sinister Calling). Scourge Strike is also shitty ability that does absolutely nothing.

Frost is simply better because of the extra 5% strength from fallen crusader and the damage is just overall more meaningful than anything Unholy does. Unholy DK used to be the master of aoe, the master of pressure, but its trash now because currently Arms Warriors do a better job at that.

There's nothing fun or skilled about playing Unholy either. People that argue that it has a high skill cap do not even know what skill even means. Unholy plays exactly like a Frost DK. You tunnel one target and mash a pve rotation while depending on others playing high skill classes to carry your low skilled class to break roots, dispel or actually move at a normal speed.

I'm not sure why anyone that plays this game at a competitive level would even bother playing a class that completely depends on others to perform its basic, unskilled role. The class itself relies on the meta level of the game to remain as brainless as possible to even remotely remain competitive. It's sad but true.

When scum double melee comps like TSG go down the shitter next patch and wizard cleaves run rampant, you'll see no DK's past 2.7k mmr. It's never a class worth playing because DK's have zero synergy with Wizards or any skilled class in the game. It's just a shitty version of a Warrior that has no team utility, no CC, no MS, no insane burst damage.

Don't bother ever playing a DK. Don't play it casually, don't play it competitively. The class probably sucks in PvE too. It's been the bottom bitch of the Warrior class since MoP and it's not changing anytime soon.

None of the specs are hard to play but Frost is easier in my opinion. Actually, i find Frost DK to be the easiest spec in the game. Also the most boring one. I enjoy Unholy much more, and i do more damage as Unholy with full primal gear.
    Saying that Unholy flat out sucks is wrong. Maybe you just need to practice more, i don't know. It's a solid spec right now, but it definitely needs a buff.
    But then again, there are many classes i enjoy much more than DKs. I rarely play it nowadays.
    Last edited by Christhammer; 2015-05-24 at 09:39 PM.

Deleted
    We can't decide that for you. And "what should I play" threads aren't allowed, so expect this one to get locked. You need to make your own decision for yourself. It's not us playing, it's you.

Deleted
    Play the flavour of the month class for 2 days until it gets nerfed.

I'd go DK.

I've played warlock since BC and personally can't stand what they've done with the class by destroying our multi-DoT damage, removing shadow bolt, and a 15sec shield instead of self healing. You're also expected to run from your enemies the entire match using demonic circle and demonic gateway, which isn't my idea of a fun match...

Deleted
    Dk.

Warlock sucks at all pvp that's not 3s, especially as affliction.
    Ret is a joke for fucking around in random pvp. You don't even get in rbg groups because you only have damage every 2 minutes and the rest of time you're just a mob while your utility can easily be replaced by other classes and specs.

Ah, I see most votes are for warlock. What can I say, m8? Be ready to swell the ranks of whiners about being rekt in pvp by all melee and about 2s being unplayable as lock. But hey, maybe, just maybe, you will find a nice 3s team or an rbg group to boost you, and never have to deal with actual real pvp where you don't have a healer in charge of your survivability and another partner in charge of peeling for you, so you can think you're good at pvp while other people do the pvp for you.
    Last edited by mmoc1428630d9d; 2015-05-26 at 07:04 AM.

What do your friends play?

Ret: Pretty much you can only play hunter + a healer friend (preference for priest or druid). People don't want you on RBGs.
    DK: Warrior, Warlock, Monk, Hunter and a healer (preference for Monk, Shaman or Pally). Can play RBG
    Warlock: Warrior, Ele shaman, Balance Druid and a healer (preference for Shaman).Can play RBGs.

I don't know why so many people are recommending lock, yes it's viable as always in 3s but anything outside of that is a struggle. The quality of life for not just locks but most casters went down hugely this expansion.

Of those 3 probably warlock because warlock will be top tier next season

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasc View Post
    Of those 3 probably warlock because warlock will be top tier next season
    In 3s, you should also mention that. 99% of people do 2s and random pvp, things at which locks suck ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    As per http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...les_guidelines

"Do not create pointless threads such as "Which class/race/gender/faction/server should I roll?"

As has been already said in this thread, only you can find out what you want to play. If you don't really feel attracted to something, then I don't think you're gonna last a long time in the game at all as you don't feel any passion for it. Getting recommended a class in 99% of the cases end with you getting bored of it because it's not what you expected.

Closing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.