Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    There are no polar bears in Norway, your avatar makes no sense, so I can't take you seriously.

I bet the true story is about security and it's really US whining that they want everyone elses security in US hands. It wasn't so long ago there was whine about Russia controlling its internet, probably nothing to do with US now n then shut down other countries internet?

I thought internet was supposed to belong to the world, not controlled by the US, silly me.
    Acually there is polar bears in Norway, as svalbard is considered a part of Norway and they got plenty of polar bears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    They should ban them here also.
    Nooo. Ban the rest, but hands off Google! Don't make me use abominations called Bing or Yahoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    1) He authorized this, it's in the act.
    2) Those are the biggest organizations that apply under this act, also ones constantly criticizing Putin. Would be foolish to assume that the act was implemented without a purpose.

In previous years organizations like these were categorized as "foreign agents", and now this.
    HRW and Amnesty aren't mentioned anywhere in the law. The news article mentioned them as a provocative "btw" which you happily swallowed and now you're trying to fill the factual gaps in your "Putin is out there to get HRW" theory with naked "logic".

10+ Year Old Account
    That's some very freaking old news, this thing was announced when Snowden gave away info about USA spying on everything. Also, if you are interested, If a foreign legal entity in Russia has no branch or a representative office (on Russian territory), it is not subject to the requirements of the law. Also, there is a project of this law that states that personal data should be stored on territory of any country in "Convention for the Protection of Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data".
    So, there is two ways of this shit passing by: if Google, Facebook and other big players agree to rent/build data storage in Russia - then it passes without significant changes. If they refuse - it gets changed to new project.
    IMO Russian government just trying to get free moniez from big companies, than actually cares about personal data of its citizens. But again, there are people who happily give away all their personal data to social networks or shady websites that trade playstation accounts with games for cheap, so there is only that much government can do to "protect" their personal data without policing every single key press/touches on their media shit
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-05-25 at 05:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.