Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    How old are you? Focus on school and move out when you turn 18. While I don't think your mother handled things very well, it sounds to me like you might have been spending too much time playing video games. Work on finishing school instead, maybe do some extracurriculars or get a part-time job (or start a business!). Spend as much time out of the house as possible, study at the library etc. Being around your family as little as possible helps when you have a truly unstable family situation.

If you want to game, you could maybe get a gaming laptop instead, and keep it hidden from your mom...but when you live with family members, that has a strong possibility of not working out for you (they'll just find it eventually).

Your mom *should* replace your computer if you paid with it with your own money, but that's a whole other road to go down and unless you feel like taking your mom to court I'm not sure it's worth the emotional effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide View Post
    So going to keep this short. Mentally unstable family, mom took my 2k rig and smashed to to pieces. I can't raid for the rest of my life until I become an adult. I know this sounds silly but raiding is my passion and what I love. I've put my heart and would into it and into this computer, and it's all gone because mom got mad. I really have no idea what to do. Please only post if you can help, last thing so need is more troubles.
    Raiding will always be there.

Focus on taking control of your life.

Listen to 30 Seconds to Mars for inspiration as well.

Just remember: raiding will always be there.

Was this you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Am i the only one who thinks we don't know whole story ? Something seems off....

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    If you want to game, you could maybe get a gaming laptop instead, and keep it hidden from your mom...but when you live with family members, that has a strong possibility of not working out for you (they'll just find it eventually).
    I can't believe you're advocating something like that! That should be my job...

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks we don't know whole story ? Something seems off....
    Nahh, seems legit!

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I can't believe you're advocating something like that! That should be my job...
    Well I can't really tell if his family is truly crazy or if he's spending too much time playing games to the detriment of his grades, or both. Lol.

You should fuck your sister to get back at her. That'll show her.

Deleted
    Well I can't really tell if his family is truly crazy...
    I wouldn't be surprised, especially in this day and age.

I could play WoW on ultra settings on a far less expensive rig though. I'd customize it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    This thread is going places...

Also, since when you need a 2k PC to play WoW? Can run it on calculator nowadays.
    Confirmed. My PC is a big calculator and I used it for raids - and frying eggs simultaneously.

I also didn't need to have a heater in my room.
    Last edited by Cerilis; 2015-05-23 at 07:48 PM.

Deleted
    I would have taken this more seriously if you didn't name yourself "suicide"

My contribution: There is more than 1 side to every story. Even if this is true, it's probably because she is getting pissed off that you are prioritising a game more so than your life, sounds like she done you a favour. If you are in such a situation where you value your life from the merits of a game the chances are she was just trying to help you.Try to look at things form her perspective, image your child was living their life inside a monitor, I certainly know I would pull them away from it - even if that means smashing it up.

She thought you didn't need or deserve it, look at your life and see why your a disappointment and what would be better.

Thats what I do

10+ Year Old Account
    By the sound of it....... The mother isn't the unstable factor, and did the right thing...
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    While it may seem like the end of the world, ending things is not the way out. You will survive your current situation, and there are lots of people who can help and there are lots of solutions those people can offer - many things that you may not have thought of, may have considered and rejected but would actually work if one part was tweaked a little, and many other solutions that you might have thought of but believed wouldn't work.

PM me.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    Holy crap, I'm never having children.
    I hope not Celista. Not everyone is fit to be a parent.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    I hope not Celista. Not everyone is fit to be a parent.
    Hello, Garian...back from your most recent vacation I see.

This is a really bad place to ask for advice OP, most of the people here are kind of horrible.
    I hope you work something out, there's not any situation where a mother should be destroying an expensive item owned by her child.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    troll your way happily back to trollville