Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alame View Post
    @lappee I understand your position. I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree on the matter. I also think Gapezilla brings up a very strong point around the generally different styles of ranged/melee.
    Feel free to disagree, nothing more I can do about that.

Gapezillas point is valid yes, it just doesnt have anything to do with what we're talking about in here.
    We're talking about moonkins proactive/reactive gameplay, or more so arguing which one it is. My example involving enha shaman and moonkin comparison was just to show what real reactive playstyle is compared to proactive. That matter has nothing to do with melee & ranged differences.
    Now the case would be different if I said "Moonkins should have as reactive gameplay as enha Shamans". With such a statement his point would've been spot on but now it just had nothing whatsoever to do with the matter.

Yeah I see what you're getting at, my bad.

Not trying to pile on one side or the other, I like the discussion personally. I still think we have reactive gameplay, its just not on the level of other classes and does leave something to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapezilla View Post
    Not trying to pile on one side or the other, I like the discussion personally. I still think we have reactive gameplay, its just not on the level of other classes and does leave something to be desired.
    Im not saying we dont, we just have very little of it.

Ofcourse on the other hand anything can be reactive if you just dont want to plan for anything.
    Its like going to grocery store, most people are proactive and know exactly what they want but some just go there and buy reactively whatever they want on the spot.

The difference is that doing things proactively is usually more efficient than doing things reactively if its just possible to do them proactively. You can play moonkin reactively but thats just not optimal (as you're more likely to do mistakes) and bad gameplay (in my opinion) as well as very stressful.

Deleted
    All specs in the game have procs that influence their rotation somehow, SS procs stands out in the way that they rarely force the boomkin to react to their procs in the next global or two. In theory it is still reactive, even if we don't spend the proc til 10 seconds later, but in reality we usually end up with around the same number of procs over a period and end up doing the exact same rotation.

A good player should always be aware when he can get a proc, be it a firemage landing a direct spell cast (can crit and proc heating up/!pyro) or a boomkin's dot ticking. Therefore, it is always possible to plan ahead what you are going to do IF you do happen to get a proc. Essentially, all specs could be played 100% proactively if you just consider every possible outcome. For instance, it is very common for a fire mage to plan ahead, what am I going to do if I crit on my first, 2nd or 3rd fireball. Bookins possible outcomes happen to very often be similar, because of low proc chance + many chances to proc, and the fact that we usually have longer time to react to a proc, that is, remember what did I plan to do IF i happen to get a proc.

In short, boomkins are easier to play proactively than most other classes, but all classes can be played both proactively or reactively (in most cases, a combination) but to what degree depends on the player.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the case in this thread is new rerollers are getting used to the eclipse bar, and probably dump ss too infrequently meaning they need to react to shooting stars. Where as us who have been playing with the new eclipse bar since beta are just used to it. We almost forget about it, and thus play a little better. Sitting on 0 - 1 ss charge means when you get a shooting stars proc you don't really react to it as such, because at that point you're expecting it to happen. When it doesn't of you moan on vent ' no procs were given that day '.
    I do however miss things that made you react, like ss in mop, and trinket procs had alot more relevance with dot snapshots
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee