Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm having issues with the class but am going to straighten it out with keybinds.

If you think the spec has nothing to react to you're playing it very wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapezilla View Post
    yeah boomie got a lot of micro plays.

Can we have some arguements for this, as aside from item proccs (which is not very unique in any way for the spec), from my understanding we have very little to react to, our starsurge charges tend to be more proactive management, otherwise you could consider it wrong as you are losing out on a few of them.

I guess it depends how you look at it? You play 'proactively' by holding a charge or two for increased periods of dps or movement, you play 'reactively' by reacting to procs and using charges accordingly. You can make the argument that saving charges for procs is proactive play, personally I see it as reactive.

I'm not claiming it's different from any other class. I've already agreed the spec is unrewarding and boring in comparison to other ranged dps.

Played Moonkin from DS up until the beginning of 6.0. The changes just killed it for me. Still leveled it and kept it geared just incase, but I will just never get the same feeling I did back in MOP when I was rewarded for being able to manage dots and everything else. None the less, we have lost our 2 boomkins, so I am going back to in in 6.2. Would love to hear "We have heard from the community and decided to revert moonkin changes". LOL yeah right.

I guess it depends how you look at it? You play 'proactively' by holding a charge or two for increased periods of dps or movement, you play 'reactively' by reacting to procs and using charges accordingly. You can make the argument that saving charges for procs is proactive play, personally I see it as reactive.

I'm not claiming it's different from any other class. I've already agreed the spec is unrewarding and boring in comparison to other ranged dps.
    Yeah, kinda what I expected and it comes down to how you want to define what's proactive and what's reactive, was mostly interested if you had noticed something I hadn't.

Though shouldn't we as players come with suggestions as to how to make the specc either more dynamic or/and reactive, changes to tier 100 talent seems to fit the theme and particularly the SF talent needs to be looked at.

Deleted
    Hello there.

I main'd feral for as long as I actually started WoW, but I tried to play MK on our last farm run. Oh my, that was painful. Not because the class is crap (since I never actually played it, I'll let you main MKs judge), but because I have actually no idea what I'm doing. I mean, I read guides, I practiced on a dummy, but in actual raiding environment... Oh my. The thing that bother me the most is that I sometimes play caster (mainly mage) in reroll raids, and I do just fine.

My question is: do people who change to MK (also) have a hard time getting used to it, or is it just me that suck at it?

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    Though shouldn't we as players come with suggestions as to how to make the specc either more dynamic or/and reactive, changes to tier 100 talent seems to fit the theme and particularly the SF talent needs to be looked at.
    I think starsurge needs to feel like an urgent nuke again. Removing empowerments, SS charges and buffing its damage should do it, this will also make crit a more rewarding stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    I think starsurge needs to feel like an urgent nuke again. Removing empowerments, SS charges and buffing its damage should do it, this will also make crit a more rewarding stat.
    And how exactly will this make the spec feel any more dynamic or reactive?

And how exactly will this make the spec feel any more dynamic or reactive?
    Casting an SS as soon as it procs because you fear wasting potentials procs is pretty reactive to me. And of course it will be dynamic with the amount of dots running and crit on your gear.

but again, with empowerments and charges, Starsurge means nothing.

Casting an SS as soon as it procs because you fear wasting potentials procs is pretty reactive to me. And of course it will be dynamic with the amount of dots running and crit on your gear.

but again, with empowerments and charges, Starsurge means nothing.
    We would still be pooling between 1-2 starsurge proccs for trinkets (but yeah i suppose you suggest we remove charges.), I don't see how that makes much of a difference from what it currently is except easier and even less rewarding, you don't get more dynamic by having the same dots up on the same target... and more dots does not mean more dynamic especially not by the definition of dynamic in terms of how dynamic a spec is.
    Last edited by theburned; 2015-06-01 at 12:47 PM.

Because there just really isnt. With the way eclipse works on sine-wave, we cant just "hold" its position or SS charges for procs. Doing so would just lower our over-all dps, specially on high mastery levels.
    On single target dps theres only one thing to "react" to and thats avoiding getting capped on SS charges which pretty much never happens "suddenly"

We would be pool between 1-2 starsurge proccs for trinkets...
    Marais said theid remove SS charges so saving SS charges for procs wouldnt be the case. However such changes wouldnt really do any good for the spec, rather make it more MoP style owlkin.

It's really just the 100 talents needing changes that would make the class more fun in my opinion. If they just made the euphoria bar speed baseline and removed the talent in favor of something more interesting I think we'd fine in a fine spot. If I could play BoP or SF with 20 second bar I think it would be a ton of fun. I don't personally have an idea for what would replace it but who knows.

My other suggestion would be to make SF instant. The cast time makes the talent incredibly tedious to use.

It's really just the 100 talents needing changes that would make the class more fun in my opinion. If they just made the euphoria bar speed baseline and removed the talent in favor of something more interesting I think we'd fine in a fine spot. If I could play BoP or SF with 20 second bar I think it would be a ton of fun. I don't personally have an idea for what would replace it but who knows.

My other suggestion would be to make SF instant. The cast time makes the talent incredibly tedious to use.
    Personally I feel like a "Additionally increases the eclipse cycle speed by x% for 3-4 seconds." line on the stellar flare talent could make for some improvements, still doesn't really do anything for the dynamic of the spec, but it creates for a somewhat more interesting style, while also being a buff to the talent (more time during peak would be quite valuable, and gives some reward for correct usage of the spell.

For euphoria I like the duration and I think that the other talents should strive to reach roughly the same eclipse cycle, rather than just making it the standard, while that also would be an improvement.

BoP I can see this talent either being turned into a pure aoe talent where you gain something from casting dots and completely neglect the single target damage of the talent. Or they could make the talent revolve more around casts, and less around dots, like how it currently is if for some reason it's used for single target.
    Or the combination where you make the dots snapshot, creating a skill component to multi dotting, while increasing it's single target usefulness. makes single target a 3-button rotation though, but well that is basically what it currently is though.

On the other hand I could think of removing the flat 10% damage increase, keep the dot duration, while adding a lunar and solar buff, stacking up (from wrath/starfire casts) to x (x being a number between 3-5) triggering from respectively moonfire or sunfire granting y% increased moonfire/sunfire damage (potentially lunar solar bonus damage.) for z seconds. Would keep one slow paced talent, but add another layer of depth to the specc both single target and multi target, while giving the player full control of the damage boost.

are there going to be any dramatic changes for hfc in regards to boomkin. ill be going into it as boomkin with OS feral for the first time since i started druiding in wrath

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    are there going to be any dramatic changes for hfc in regards to boomkin. ill be going into it as boomkin with OS feral for the first time since i started druiding in wrath
    Except for set bonus + class trinket there is nothing mechanic wise yet.

Personally though I really prefer the simplicity that comes with boomkins, reminds me a lot of destro in 5.4, not necessarily good specc design yet it specifies on use of core dps mechanics such as reacting to trinket proccs and such, rather than prioritizing complexity in the rotation, especially good for me as a main specc healer where I really don't want to spend the time to sit around and practice spell rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started for BRF and I'm enjoying it. I think it will be fun in HFC as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can we have some arguements for this, as aside from item proccs (which is not very unique in any way for the spec), from my understanding we have very little to react to, our starsurge charges tend to be more proactive management, otherwise you could consider it wrong as you are losing out on a few of them.
    I mean, our entire rotation is structured around the position of the balance bar. Considering we have no control over that outside of CA and AC (which is extremely niche-usage) I'd say that's pretty much the definition of reactive. I'm really curious as to what you define reactive playstyles as that you think there's no reactivity in the spec. Unless you're talking about something like Frost DKs where their reactivity is "receive X proc hit Y button" I don't really think there's a class in the game that's significantly more reactive than Boomkins. We did lose reactivity with the changes to Starsurge & Shooting Stars making it more of a proactive charge-management playstyle, but at the end of the day we still have to react to the position of eclipse at all times. While that's easy to say it's simple rotation and not reactive play - I disagree. Most classes pick up their rotation when they left off when they have to move for mechanics and such, Boomkins have to reactively adjust the position in their rotation based on the position of the balance bar.

I really don't think turning Starsurge back into a "#1 priority all the time" nuke is the answer. Especially not with the current iteration of Eclipse. That really takes the performance out of the hands of player skill and turns it into who gets Shooting Star procs at peak eclipse the most.

I'd like to see Stellar Flare turned into a 10s cd, 1s cast, 8s duration dot that hits for around 250-350% spellpower total and increases the damage of your next Starsurge by the damage it deals. The point is to change how we currently use Starsurge and vary up the rotation - instead of using Starsurge on the upswing of eclipse and using Empowered casts at peak, we Stellar Flare as we transition between eclipses, it ticks on the upswing and we Starsurge at peak eclipse for somewhere between 2-3x normal Starsurge damage, then empowerment are used on the downswing. I also agree with Gapezilla that the 20s cycle time of Euphoria eclipse should be baseline. The standard 40s cycle time is just too slow & boring.