Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[MW] 6.2 Healing Trinket

Was browsing the PTR and was looking at the trinkets, and there are quite a few static stat trinkets which i generally find boring, but there was one that stood out and wanted to get some thoughts on it.

Unstable Felshadow Emulsion

The effect stacks so if there are 5 healers and all of them cast a heal on someone that is below 100% health, it will proc the buff on that target. If my math is correct, that is about 15% (slightly more) leech. I recall recently that the T-stats/secondary stats were being increased like crazy so I think this trinket has potential to be really good. It will constantly proc, for example, on everyone that your RJW, RM, uplifts hit, soothing, statue soothing - anything - as long as they are not at 100% health.

This trinket looks good, but wanted to see what ya'll thought.

No idea about BIS or any of that yet, but the class trinket and this one are looking really good paired together.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Slakos already did some math on it and Geodew's analysis of it is TBD, but the general consensus is that the thing is absurdly strong and literally better than any other healing trinket in the game.

The TL;DR is that you heal someone for 10000. They then get 79 Leech which is 1.13% Leech for 10 seconds. If they are doing 40k DPS, that's 4520 extra healing, or a 45.2% healing increase. It only goes up from there and gets more absurd with both higher ilvl versions of the trinket and the target's DPS.
    Last edited by Totaltotemic; 2015-05-24 at 12:46 AM.

They're going to have to fundamentally change how this trinket works. Either nerf it this tier, and change it after the tier is over, or rework it before 6.2. It has very strong exponential scaling. Since its healing out put is basically a multiplication of the users HPS, and receivers DPS. Without a rework this trinket would become OP every raid tier and need a nerf.

I personally wonder whay type of interaction the legendary ring is going have.

Deleted
    I wonder what they are thinking putting such stuff into the game... its not like a simple revival or regular use of Uplift on 2/3 of the raid isnt strong already...
    What was wrong with Procc-Base or Use.trinkets in the last 10 years =(

This is stuff that will get nerfed IN the progress for sure... cause it already is broken.

I want to make sure I am understanding it correctly,

It will grant them leech, and the healing done is entirely dependent on the DPS's damage with the proc, but the actual healing is cap'd at .79% of the effective healing, so on some fights, so lets say 50k HPS, the potential healing they can do is 10500 hps which would mean they would need to be doing X dps but i am not sure what X is or if I am even close.

The .79% isnt a cap of any sort, it how much of the trinket user does is converted into leech rating. If you heal them for 10000 they get 79 leech. That 79 leech then gives them healing based on their DPS.

Also have to think of the other side of coin, what if there is an afk phase or very high movement? It will get less value that way.

Right now this trinket is strong because the effect stacks. Small consistent heals exponentially grow the buff on targets till the dps/healers stop taking DMG for 10 seconds or the buff is so large they are just healing themselves.

Doing hellfire LFR on the PTR I've seen warrior tanks easily get their leech buff stacked to 4k. Tanks with more consistent absorbs reduce the effectiveness of the trinket.

The only way this trinket could get nerfed by not allowing it to refresh. So it would be decent on big heal classes like paladins/shamans, but useless for MW monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilma View Post
    Right now this trinket is strong because the effect stacks. Small consistent heals exponentially grow the buff on targets till the dps/healers stop taking DMG for 10 seconds or the buff is so large they are just healing themselves.

Doing hellfire LFR on the PTR I've seen warrior tanks easily get their leech buff stacked to 4k. Tanks with more consistent absorbs reduce the effectiveness of the trinket.

The only way this trinket could get nerfed by not allowing it to refresh. So it would be decent on big heal classes like paladins/shamans, but useless for MW monks.
    Im gonna have to disagree, monks are already topping healing meters on legit aoe fights (kromag or bf for ex) and there are a few fights i have seen so far where there is large aoe damage and we are stacked, and there is one bos that caps ur hp at 90%(and going lower as the fight progresses) so when you get good use of uplifts+rjw+revival - its gonna be really good with this trinket.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2015-05-26 at 05:03 AM.

The heroic version is 0.9% and the mythic version is 1.04% of the effective healing. This trinket is going to be pretty ridiculous from the outgoing damage that I have seen from fights so far.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Combine this trinket and the LFR 4 piece on stacked fights and watch your overhealing hit 100k per/sec
    Last edited by Java; 2015-05-26 at 06:27 PM.

Deleted
    I think in AFK or movement phases, there is usually not that much damage to heal, or most of the time you have a short downtime were the raid can heal up before the next burst comes in. So even then the trinket would do its work.

But in the phases of dire need, like Kromog 30%, Chogall/Imp, Butcher 30%, M Tectus 8 Motes, Blackhand P3, so when you keep Bloodlust for some burn/high incoming damage phases, this thing will be even more hillarious.

The Leech trinket will have higher overheal than our main heals for sure, but it's so overtuned with normal overheal that it won't matter and it will be BiS anyway.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Omg i can't wait for this. Are monks getting the best hps increase from this trinket or is it op all around
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

all around lol
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    btw the healing done from the leach in every person is not considered your healing, but that person heal(leach), so theres not really big numbers with this trinket..

Quote Originally Posted by LuRu9 View Post
    btw the healing done from the leach in every person is not considered your healing, but that person heal(leach), so theres not really big numbers with this trinket..
    im not using it then.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    im not using it then.
    yep, thats what i tought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    im not using it then.
    yeah it's bad because mah hps