Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Hunters use focus, no mana, so therefore you cannot compare them to casters...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coradox View Post
    Hunters use focus, no mana, so therefore you cannot compare them to casters...
    Enhancement Shaman and Retribution Paladins use mana, so therefore they are casters.

/s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    Double Deterrence has been a staple of the hunter's arsenal for both increasing their survivability on difficult fights, leading to longer pulls and potentially faster kills (i.e. less pulls required), and cheesing mechanics, since Blizzard seems to design around the expectation that you have classes with immunities these days. That, coupled with a hunter's fairly good mobility, leads to them handling a lot of 'jobs' on each fight.

Dismissing Misdirection is just silly. Unique forms of utility (yes, there is Tricks I suppose) have a higher base value than utility that everyone and their uncle brings in some form or another. The "raid survivability" utility, whether through healing CDs or AOE defensives, will be plentiful in your raid. Misdirection will not be. If something is not going to "make or break" your raid comp, it's having 1 extra raid defensive.

Any sort of DPS check that requires heavy movement favors hunters. There have been significant instances of those this tier, and there will be in the next. My energy pooling comment was in conjunction with phases or abilities that require movement.

Let's put it this way: I would take 15 hunters to Blackhand than 15 of nearly any other class. I feel that the idea that hunters won't be well-represented next tier is borne out of excessive negativity and misconceptions about other classes. Of course, that is just my opinion, so feel free to believe otherwise until the next tier is upon us.
    You're talking about making or breaking comps -- will Misdirection ever do that? I really think you're underestimating the power of a well-timed Rallying Cry and/or Vigilance or a Vampiric Embrace.

I still stand by my argument that damage on the move should be considered a niche, not utility (thus ideally limiting the amount of further niches). "Any sort of DPS check that requires heavy movement favors Hunters" -- that's all good and well, but you overestimate both the frequency of such instances and the output loss other classes/specs suffer if played well. Also, that argument works both ways: "Any sort of DPS check that requires heavy AoE DPS/execute damage/burst/cleave/etc. favors X/Y/Z". Do you see?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    Double Deterrence has been a staple of the hunter's arsenal for both increasing their survivability on difficult fights, leading to longer pulls and potentially faster kills (i.e. less pulls required), and cheesing mechanics, since Blizzard seems to design around the expectation that you have classes with immunities these days. That, coupled with a hunter's fairly good mobility, leads to them handling a lot of 'jobs' on each fight.

Dismissing Misdirection is just silly. Unique forms of utility (yes, there is Tricks I suppose) have a higher base value than utility that everyone and their uncle brings in some form or another. The "raid survivability" utility, whether through healing CDs or AOE defensives, will be plentiful in your raid. Misdirection will not be. If something is not going to "make or break" your raid comp, it's having 1 extra raid defensive.

Any sort of DPS check that requires heavy movement favors hunters. There have been significant instances of those this tier, and there will be in the next. My energy pooling comment was in conjunction with phases or abilities that require movement.

Let's put it this way: I would take 15 hunters to Blackhand than 15 of nearly any other class. I feel that the idea that hunters won't be well-represented next tier is borne out of excessive negativity and misconceptions about other classes. Of course, that is just my opinion, so feel free to believe otherwise until the next tier is upon us.
    None of what you wrote is a raid utility, with the exception to MD - which has seen its value greatly diminished since TBC to the point of almost complete uselessness.
    I'm not saying hunters are bad and will be benched, that wouldn't be true, but come 6.2 the won't have any valuable raid utility anymore, as it was in the previous expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    None of what you wrote is a raid utility, with the exception to MD - which has seen its value greatly diminished since TBC to the point of almost complete uselessness.
    This. Misdirection on anything other than a single target will have a hard time out-threating an active healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    No, again that's a terrible idea. There is melee, there is casters. Casters have limited mobility, melee has awesome mobility, at the trade off that casters usually have an easier time at avoiding stuff where melee has to wade through shit sometimes to stay on the boss. Giving casters full mobility is a direct nerf to melee because melee becomes less valuable automatically. No. Just no.
    If you're gonna stick to those dumb archaic ideals shouldn't casters be doing way more damage then melees? That was the original goal, the caster stay in the back charging huge spell and completely smoke the melees who at best were either tank or burst dps with no sustain (old rogue type). Melees were brought up to casters damage but they cry bloody murder when casters ask for mobility too. Then you get the cries of how casters are too deadly because they can attack from range as if the catch ups didn't easily outnumber the escapes in this game and the fact that most melee have range attacks now which was never a thing back in the days of "caster turrets, melee mobile" days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Hummm, that's what i want to ask, too. But hunter shouldn't be nerfed though