Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Hunter is too good?

I find it hard to play casters after playing hunter. Awesome Pets, Quick resummon if dead, cast while moving, great mobility.

Trying to play any caster feels like a really dumb decision... Anyone else having this issue or have a solution?

Hunters should have zero cast while moving. They should also have their mobility nerfed into the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Hunters should have zero cast while moving. They should also have their mobility nerfed into the ground.
    Then you can give us defensive abilities and self healing to compensate, right? I think you might be a bit salty.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

They are getting a 20 percent damage nerf next patch. For pve save a few fights it's about the 5th or 6th best not middle of the pack a little higher, but not the best

10+ Year Old Account
    I main hunter and still play my Spriest a ton. I don't think hunter mobility has made me unable to play other classes.

Hunters are fine - Blizzard's decision to nerf every caster's mobility was a shitty one at best... if anything, ALL ranged should be able to do a complete rotation while moving (just like melee can), but ALL casters (including Hunters) should be penalised in some way for doing so - whether a damage reduction or cast time increase is the penalty for moving /shrug

Yeah, hunter's are still one of the easiest classes to kill. I love when I queue into a bunch of BM Hunter / Resto Druid teams in 2s cause it's pretty much free rating most of the time. They're a pain sometimes in Blade's Edge and Dalaran Sewers though if they're not completely brain dead and the games can take forever to win or we sometimes lose on these maps because the advantage that they have is so huge.

Hunter's can have mongo damage output though :-/

[edit: just realized this was pve forum]

Yes, hunter is ridiculously fun to play after playing casters for so long, but it's sort of a false sense of security and you still need to learn how to play the class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trimshadow View Post
    Hunters are fine - Blizzard's decision to nerf every caster's mobility was a shitty one at best... if anything, ALL ranged should be able to do a complete rotation while moving (just like melee can), but ALL casters (including Hunters) should be penalised in some way for doing so - whether a damage reduction or cast time increase is the penalty for moving /shrug
    You should try playing a mage where you zip all over the arenas at jet speed and casually cast 5 frost bolts every 30 seconds so when deep comes off cooldown you can go mongo with your instant cast burst.

Really, there's a lot of things mechanically screwed up with wod, but I don't really think it's as bad as people say it is .. things just need tweaked a lot and mechanics need to be weaved into to the 5 abilities that we all have now so every spec isnt completely braindead. Would also be nice if they did something like if you miss a kick, then some extra time is added to your kick cooldown (good play rewarded .. bad play penalized slightly). but really i don't think too much will change until the next xpac arrives.

Deleted
    If they take away their mobility, they need to rework their ressource system...it's as simple as that.

They should add nuke/high damagespells with cooldowns for every class, just like the MM hunter had in WotLK (or was it BC?).
    Steady shot had a cast time and couldn't be done on the move, AiS and AS were instaant. You could plan ahead and use AiS. CS and AS(?) , 3-4,5+ seconds worth of time, to dodge raid mechanics. (GCD was 1,5 back then)
    Anything else and they would need to buff damage, mobility and survival skills to compensate.

Changing that would mean that most classes will play the roughly the same.
    "do shitty skills until good skills are up again"
    I don't know, it's difficult to balance unique gameplay for every class. Hunters can do their stuff on the move, they are also the only class (how is rage-management as a warrior in WoD?) that has a ressource that is neither infinite nor building up (enough) on its own, so there are always limited by that instead of movement.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-05-24 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted
    Its not like you run around and jump while playing hunter anyway, at least I dont do I mostly stand still while dpsing.

So I dont necessarily agree on any nerfs to their shooting while moving, because it makes sense unlike a warlock or a mage casting something.

15+ Year Old Account
    It sounds silly but I quit my hunter main as they were to good. When that's the case you normally find every tom dick and Harry playing them. I think when an easy to play class becomes over powered you see them coming out the walls, a lot like Ret when they are in a good place.

Hunters are fine, strong on ST average on AOE
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/7

You should complain about Mages not hunters.

Tell us where the mean Hunter touched you.

OT: I agree with OP. I think it comes down to just liking the playstyle and accepting the shortcomings associated with it. I've tried all the casters in the game and I never click with them.

OMG i little bad Hunter killed you and you hold a grundge to all Hunters now???

10+ Year Old Account
    What's Hunter's weakness in PVE? I sure can't think of one other than a longer interrupt CD.

Was BM back in TBC, been running SV ever since.
    When I started in WoD, I was fooling around, totally enjoying the mobility i get.
    Up until I started to find myself performing mediocre at best and were constantly getting beaten by other hunters in Highmaul, which had never happened in the past.
    That was when I noticed how much not taking the focusing shot talent which would've impeded a lot of my mobility was affecting my dps.
    I would say while SV is still enjoying more freedom than some casters, it is definitely not by that much people would have guessed.

As I have never played MM other than the two weeks in late WotLK, I wouldn't commend on it.

I however agree wholeheartedly that BM is currently over-performing considering the mobility it enjoys. (Still not as OP of mages though, that's for sure)

Not sure how it will all turn out in 6.2 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    They are getting a 20 percent damage nerf next patch. For pve save a few fights it's about the 5th or 6th best not middle of the pack a little higher, but not the best
    ROFL LOL 20% damage nerf OMG WHAT AM I READING?! What braindead dumby would just make up this number and post this gabbage! (gabbage as in mauk walbugg from the movie the DEPAUTED and this person I am quoting is RETUADED!)

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Gasper;34000352]I find it hard to play casters after playing hunter. Awesome Pets, Quick resummon if dead, cast while moving, great mobility.

Trying to play any caster feels like a really dumb decision... Anyone else having this issue or have a solution?[/QUOTE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    I find it hard to play casters after playing hunter. Awesome Pets, Quick resummon if dead, cast while moving, great mobility.

Trying to play any caster feels like a really dumb decision... Anyone else having this issue or have a solution?
    Are you talking about PvE or PvP? If it's PvE, I totally agree with you and all those who say we shouldn't be able to cast on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post

Right about all of dat, hunter shouldn't be nerfed though. Its not like hunter has ever been any different than the most mobile class. It isn't versatile, its ranged, at its best. Deal with that shit cuz it ain't getting changed and it shouldn't. Just because mobility is an advantage to one class out of 11 doesn't make it OP. Hunters still get rekt in dps in pve for fights that don't require mobility and in pvp for survivability so just deal it with it and stop QQing and making posts that just ask to nerf us. Please stop, make your feedback negative so we hunters get buffed!

If the casts then hit the same like they do for warlocks and mages - why not. But then you would cry that you got twoshotted in PVP.
    Except for Beastmaster many Hunter specs also force you to stand in a place. It's called Focusing Shot.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    They are getting a 20 percent damage nerf next patch.
    No we aren't? SV is getting nerfed to the ground overall, and a couple talents are getting nerfed in PvP only, but I don't see where that 20% is coming from.