Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hey Guys! New Rouge Here.

Hey all I just got me a alt rogue to level from 90 to 100.
    I was looking for a change in pace from my enhancement shaman and I really like melee classes.
    The shaman was fun but looking at single target numbers in decent gear makes me sad compared to other class's.

So the shaman has been regeared for a healing alt/enhance and I will be trying to learn my new rouge for raiding.
    I have 2 weeks of off and on playing to get to 100 and geared for brf/brf heroics.
    Think it can be done?

So first off any help understanding the class will be great.
    What specs should i take for leveling/ end game.Looking more at getting ready for 6.2 also.

Started with assassination for leveling. Is this a good choice?
    Can I raid effectively with this spec also?

Not looking to min/max right now just get caught up.
    Last edited by Elimite; 2015-05-24 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    I'd suggest rerolling if you can't spell the class correctly. It's rogue.

I joke.

OT: Assassination is currently the worst of the 3 specs for raiding. Currently it's Sub for Single-target and Combat for Multi-target (Ofc, I can't play Sub at all so I stick with Assassination, but nontheless).
    In 6.2 I'm unsure of what will happen but I believe Assassination will at least become more viable (Fingers crossed).
    However if you're not raiding Mythic, Assassination will still pull out good enough numbers in my opinion.

Combat is probably the best spec for leveling in, since then you don't have to worry about your weapons at all, you can use anything you can equip rather than trying to find daggers that aren't infinitely worse than the sword you just got from a quest reward.

Deleted
    You will go perfect with my mascara... I mean mage

Deleted
    Also, yes, it's definitely possible to get to BRF level gear in 2 weeks, provided you've got a guild that'll run it / Highmaul with you, or high geared friends that'll go with you to PuGs

If you can't spell the class name right, don't play it.

And yes, you can gear up in two weeks.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

People like you who can't even spell the class right bring shame to it.I'd say stick to your shaman.Please.

For everyone worried about my spelling of the class name
    GET OVER IT. I was half awake when I wrote the post (now up and showered).
    What is this the grammar police?
    Just asking some simple questions and not looking for people to be jerks on spelling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliez View Post
    I'd suggest rerolling if you can't spell the class correctly. It's rogue.

I joke.

OT: Assassination is currently the worst of the 3 specs for raiding. Currently it's Sub for Single-target and Combat for Multi-target (Ofc, I can't play Sub at all so I stick with Assassination, but nontheless).
    In 6.2 I'm unsure of what will happen but I believe Assassination will at least become more viable (Fingers crossed).
    However if you're not raiding Mythic, Assassination will still pull out good enough numbers in my opinion.

Combat is probably the best spec for leveling in, since then you don't have to worry about your weapons at all, you can use anything you can equip rather than trying to find daggers that aren't infinitely worse than the sword you just got from a quest reward.
    Thanks.
    Also daggers are not a problem since I have a blacksmith that can make the 630 ones for now.

oh, ill bite.

im a rouge too

Start by re-reading the name of your new chosen class. Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Elimite View Post
    For everyone worried about my spelling of the class name
    GET OVER IT. I was half awake when I wrote the post (now up and showered).
    What is this the grammar police?
    Just asking some simple questions and not looking for people to be jerks on spelling.
    I mean, come on, the name of the class is right on the forum. Top or bottom of the page, you can't miss it. Even then, why do people think it's rouge? That's like spelling tongue as tounge.

Deleted
    Just gear for combat and sub with multi strike. Play whatever spec you get the weapons for first and go read noxeh's guides on rogues on Method forums because they are really really good. dependant on what your guild is like you should be fine to get geared fast. Also I love how this topic is super active because of 1 spelling mistake. It happens. If you have any specific questions ask and i will try to be of as much help as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewlol View Post
    Just gear for combat and sub with multi strike. Play whatever spec you get the weapons for first and go read noxeh's guides on rogues on Method forums because they are really really good. dependant on what your guild is like you should be fine to get geared fast. Also I love how this topic is super active because of 1 spelling mistake. It happens. If you have any specific questions ask and i will try to be of as much help as possible.
    Thank you for the help Drewlol. Like i said I was half asleep earlier.

And really people yes I realize its posted. I can't go back and change it or I would. If I wanted someone else to comment about my spelling instead of the reason why we are here (collective class knowledge and generally helpful to the community) I would have visited a grammar website.

Thanks to all who actually gave a reply that was helpful.

careful its a rouge

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    careful its a rouge
    Careful, for rouge will be dripping from its blades after he has sunk them into the back of those concerned with correct spelling of its name, judging and jesting, but not noticing it coming up behind him, slowly but ever closer, until it is too late...

Deleted
    Avon lady, is that you???

Rouge is very OP, much higher ST than blush.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Rouge is very OP, much higher ST than blush.
    ROFL! That is funny.

Deleted
    A rouge? I see have you tried being the randy rouge rogue that ran round the ragged random bg?

this is why no one likes the rogue threads you guys are jerks.
    ill take my questions to another site thank you.
    to the few that werent and actually posted helpful information thank you again.

10+ Year Old Account
    -snipped demonstration of the difference between "rogue" and "rouge"-

You can just point out the typo when you have something to add.

-Kael
    Last edited by Kael; 2015-05-25 at 02:35 AM.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.